Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: Turf Wars - 9/21/17 19:00 PDT

Re: Event: Turf Wars - 9/21/17 19:00 PDT

Quote Originally Posted by Necrofessr View Post
    Im also wondering when stam / energy can be dropped. Only duing eve? Or anytime after event starts regardless of eve ?
    I think energy and stam outside eve.... so they aren't pretty useless.

But hey: u may spend a lot of stam and energy but that doesn't automatically get u anything cause the player base of 1500 is pretty low. I never managed to get so high in the ladders

Would like to get a Scythe but that will stay an unfulfilled wish...

... besides that most of the events time is "weekend". 😜
    Last edited by p@go; 09-21-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    During this event, you can earn Turf Points from EvE...

1 EvE Battle Point = 5 Turf Points

EvE quick wins will generate a bonus to all Empire members, the earlier war ends the better bonus you receive. If your Empire defeats your opponent in 20 mins, you'll receive 4 x Turf Points at most.
    (Defeated Empire won't get bonus, multiplier=1.)
    min bonus
    20 4.1
    30 3.25
    40 2.65
    50 2.25
    60 1.95
    70 1.7
    80 1.5
    90 1.37
    100 1.25
    110 1.12
    120 1
    Duke,

Is the quick war bonus calculation

1) an addition?

OR

2) just a straight multiplication?

Example: 1920 battle points within 20 mins (multiplier = 4):

1)
    EvE turf points: 1920 x 5 = 9600
    Bonus quick war: 9600 x 4 = 38400

Total turf points earned from EvE = 9600 + 38400 = 48,000

Or
    2)

Total turf points earned from EvE = 9600 x 4 = 38400

This makes a bit of a difference. The first calculation would give the most total turf points for a full 2 hour war. The second calculation would give more total turf points for quicker wars.

I'm not sure how to interpret your explanation...?

From your statement that defeated empire has a multiplier of 1, it sounds like it's a straight multiplication (calculation 2). Please clarify/confirm. Thanks.

This is a game... about battles...
    EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
    by allies... by higher levels...
    even PvP'd directly from EvE....
    It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
    but all's fair in war!!

Hypothetically speaking: If there are: 1,000,000 people playing UE then for 998,500 of us (99.85% of us) the following is the only part of the announcement we need be concerned with:

Empire Contribution Rewards:
    As in Battle Royale, we provide Empire contribution rewards.
    - Earn Turf pts as contributions to your Empire.
    Every contributor receives rewards (min contribution = 250,000 Turf pts)
    - Self Progress records in Empire - leaving an Empire will reset this.
    - Rewards will be sent to your Inventory after Event ends.

Cuz the rest is for the .15%!
    The question is.... what are the empire contribution awards???

I hate when i see playerd blaming for rewards while we dont know the full reward list.

So far Gaea did some great stuff, their promos were on point and with a good value, their event were good overall. To me the only thing where they ** up was empire reward last event(and im not in a low activity empire/never been in diamond league since a long time = i think a top 50-100 legend empire should have unlocked at least the first reward lvl...).

And now what do we see? Individual rewards for top 1500 whereas past event they were for the top 5000. So i bet this time they reworked properly the empire reward system so players in high activity empires would get their rewards like past events.

Im not a dev or anything just a player. But i believe devs are listening to all these complains about "dead" empires used by a few minis and casual players that arent very active. And this, in my opinion, is the way devs want to make them merge with bigger empires.

My 2 cents
    Last edited by chelsea; 09-21-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: words used

Hey @UWE_DUKE could we see a full rewards list?

Let me know if this is a valid point...if we finish the war sooner, we get a bonus multiplier to the EVE bp, but as an example, if we finish the war in 30 minutes, we would have only earned 1/4 of the possible bp provided war would have lasted for the full two hours. And the multiplier for winning the war is less than 4. So if we do finish the war within 30 minutes, are we short changing ourselves in event points? If this is true, there is no advantage in finishing the war sooner. Am I right? Thoughts please....

1 EvE Battle Point = 5 Turf Points
    1 Energy = 1 Turf Point
    1 Stamina = 2 Turf Points
    EvE tickets = 0 Turf Point
    Nice event for the LSI
    I'm not sure what's the point of building a BSI toon these days, Even PvP (and battle royale event) now has been rendered tasteless because the Fat accounts (read: high health) win just because no one wants to spend 1000 stam killing 1 person.

It's disappointing because despite many efforts from Gaea to keep the game active, alive, entertaining, it's almost always geared towards the same type of accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Lauren View Post
    Duke,

Is the quick war bonus calculation

1) an addition?

OR

2) just a straight multiplication?

Example: 1920 battle points within 20 mins (multiplier = 4):

1)
    Bonus quick war: 9600 x 4 = 38400

Total turf points earned from EvE = 9600 + 38400 = 48,000

Or
    2)

Total turf points earned from EvE = 9600 x 4 = 38400

This makes a bit of a difference. The first calculation would give the most total turf points for a full 2 hour war. The second calculation would give more total turf points for quicker wars.

I'm not sure how to interpret your explanation...?

From your statement that defeated empire has a multiplier of 1, it sounds like it's a straight multiplication (calculation 2). Please clarify/confirm. Thanks.
    I think 38400 is the right number.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    Nice event for the LSI
    I'm not sure what's the point of building a BSI toon these days, Even PvP (and battle royale event) now has been rendered tasteless because the Fat accounts (read: high health) win just because no one wants to spend 1000 stam killing 1 person.

It's disappointing because despite many efforts from Gaea to keep the game active, alive, entertaining, it's almost always geared towards the same type of accounts.
    But BSI should get more wins per token in EvE which gives out a higher reward than regular stamina and energy, so that should even things up a little.

Will Scythe be a listed reward from team contributions?

Quote Originally Posted by xHoRneDieSeLx View Post
    This is the only thing that the top 8 empires get that others won't:
    My reply was directed at personal rewards. Only 1500 players will get rewarded so if we use stam and energy outside of eve and fall short of ranking top 1500 we get no personal rewards so why spend that money ?
    In addition top 10 empires in most cases will benefit from the high multiplier that puts them in advantage also in Personal ranking. That is 800-900 players already in advantage point for personal rewards, even if they make 30 bp thats multiplied to 100-120 bp for each battle. About double then the average most players in less active empires can achieve.
    Most battles for 10 top empires end within 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    But BSI should get more wins per token in EvE which gives out a higher reward than regular stamina and energy, so that should even things up a little.
    I don't think so. Vast majority of LSI players aren't hitters but more "support players" = demo, trappers, stimmers, cappers which guarantees a win every hit.
    They also have the luxury of not having to sit their strongest Lts and can use Layla, Franceska, Frank which yields even more tokens.
    In my opinion, but I may be wrong.

Hey: after just a few hours running the first placed one has already over 700k pts. And we did only 1 war! So no matter if u are LSI or BSI, this is no wars event.

Sure, wars help to get some pts, but this is a spending event 🤣 Like all events are 😜

Just an idea for the next Turf War event, that the EVE bonus points can be weighed based on points scored during EVE. For instance empires that score 145 points vs 25 points due to having more active or stronger players should be able to gain more points....food for thought 😊

Wow, i cannot believe that the personal rewards go only to 1500. i was hoping it was a copy/paste error in Duke's original post.

I think they will miss a big part of casual spenders here. A lot of people, not in the empires which already had a spender base, will not have an incensive to spend a few money to get to the empire rewards. Specially not knowing what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    I don't think so. Vast majority of LSI players aren't hitters but more "support players" = demo, trappers, stimmers, cappers which guarantees a win every hit.
    They also have the luxury of not having to sit their strongest Lts and can use Layla, Franceska, Frank which yields even more tokens.
    In my opinion, but I may be wrong.
    Probably not wrong there. Basically looking at the leaderboard it will be the same names and big spenders. Top empires on a massive bonus for finishing quickly. Not much for the little guy.

‘Personal’ rewards come from the empire.

Once the reward list is known for the empire, then your empire an determine if they want to aim for a target.

The only focus is top empires, the rest of us can hop off. I don't get why they still don't realize how many empires are out there... I have some words for the devs but it's not appropriate lol. If you're not paying to play this game then you should just quit now.

Remove the collect button requirement for turf points from EvE. A bit of BS to expect folks to hit a collect button when they join and contributed to EvE but cant stick around to finish to press a button when we all have lives and real things to worry about other than one more way UE can screw ya over.

Quote Originally Posted by damatt04 View Post
    Remove the collect button requirement for turf points from EvE. A bit of BS to expect folks to hit a collect button when they join and contributed to EvE but cant stick around to finish to press a button when we all have lives and real things to worry about other than one more way UE can screw ya over.
    Now auto-collect works.

Now auto-collect works.
    Thanks, Duke.

Any chance adjustments will be made (turf points added) for those that auto-collected from the first EvE during event and didn't receive any turf points from that war?

This is a game... about battles...
    EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
    by allies... by higher levels...
    even PvP'd directly from EvE....
    It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
    but all's fair in war!!