• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr death
    Kingpin
    • May 2013

Re: Ace has destroyed EVE

Alpha,

I do not want Ace nerfed at all. I just want a counter Lt JUST to counter Ace only. It would not be so bad, if the Titans skills still had a chance of working to counter Ace and/or armor packs were still relevant it would of been fairer.

You are playing by the rules and I am a firm believer that we shouldn't change it, but there is nothing wrong with introducing a counter when something is too powerful to balance it out.

By the way, if the chance to trigger had been at the Spectre levels, this would of likely been less of an issue to a near non issue.

It would be nice to see the total damage in the war log so that we can figure out if it is working at 100% when equal level or above or at a factor greater than 100%.

Alpha, you are an asset to this game, but there are other assets in the game also and we need them here too.

Comment

• T-Stok
      Goon
      • Nov 2013

So you mean to tell me that ace:
      1) determines damage based on STARTING health, not current health and
      2) that ace damage is not limited to an HQ SUPER POWER?

How dos this seem logical?

Comment

• Anchovy
        Banned
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by T-Stok View Post
        So you mean to tell me that ace:
        1) determines damage based on STARTING health, not current health and
        2) that ace damage is not limited to an HQ SUPER POWER?

How dos this seem logical?
        Don't forget also that now, marshmallows like Dylan or Lorenzo pasta (heavy health toons) have become heroes with Ace.
        Ace takes away 10% health per proc, let her hit a few times and sit Natalie (+12% damage at 1*, +1% per 20% (actual) health lose)

Looks like health is the new power in UE

Comment

• Bungboy
          Hitman
          • Aug 2013

Well I get that the unmitigatable damage is extemely strong but if it costs 10% of your max health each time, you're gonna run out of health pretty quickly aren't you? The only problem with it IMO is that if you have 18k health, she can take out an entire health pack with just one proc. That seems wrong.

For example if you have 18k health, you can only proc Ace and hit 1.8k 9 times which means a single player who built all health is gonna force 9 health packs. But once you're out of health, you basically aren't going to do anything else cause you can't even beat anyone on hit since most of your stat points are wasted on health.

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's completely balanced. I get that it's likely a bit too strong for EvE, but it's an EVENT epic so if Ace can compete with LTs like Six, Scythe, Vice, etc then we should welcome this. We've had so many shit event LTs come out consecutively, finally something good and useful got released! Not to mention, there definitely is some counterplay to her ability. If you kill the Ace user, or just get their hp pretty low, the player will not be able to make any good use of Ace's ability.

In my opinion, if Ace does need to be nerfed.. the only logical nerf is to just cap the health drain and damage at about 1k, so she can no longer one shot an entire health pack with her ability but it would also cost less health to people who have over 10k health. Just please don't make it possible to mitigate her damage. That would make it pointless to seat her because she does cost 10% of your health. People have spent good money on obtaining her and on fusing her up and she's been out for several months so if balancing is needed, please don't change her ability too much or people (big spenders) are gonna quit the game.
          Last edited by Bungboy; 09-27-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Chief
            Goon
            • Mar 2015

So I'm guessing if ace is changed y'all will offer the LTs used to fuse her up and money spent back? I have no problem with her, shouldn't change a LT to cater a couple empires, but they're the only empires that matter so idk.

Comment

You just said what a silent few are thinking.
              Originally posted by Chief View Post
              So I'm guessing if ace is changed y'all will offer the LTs used to fuse her up and money spent back? I have no problem with her, shouldn't change a LT to cater a couple empires, but they're the only empires that matter so idk.
              In the end, the Devs will decide what action will be best to take (knowing no matter what they do... not EVERYONE will be happy with the outcome). I do find food for thought however from both sides of the table here.

Comment

• alpha6776
                Goon
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Anchovy View Post
                Looks like health is the new power in UE
                Well, players add health via stat points (or star up Consigliere). As such, if a player decides to have huge EVE health, it is likely that comes at a cost...less Attack, less Defense, less Stamina or less Energy (or a bunch of crate rolling for Consigliere).

Ace rewards players focused on EVE by adding health but leaves those players weaker in many other areas of the game (susceptible to losing in PVP because of less attack or defense / more expensive to level due to lower stamina or energy / less effective at bossing due to less stamina / less effective at jobbing due to lower energy).

This game is all about choices..it's hard to be strong in all elements of the game and Ace (a primarily EVE based LT although she helps with boss damage) does reward those that are allocating stat points maximizing an EVE power to the detriment of other parts of game.

Additionally, I note that Ace does not hit for 10% of Max health unless she is 5* or higher which means one fused up between 22 and 31 epics to get to 5* (depending on how many copies the player started with from event rewards).

Leave well enough alone and spend to fuse her up if you believe she is overpowered. Fortunately she is the solution to the unintended consequences to the recently released HQ superpower damage mitigation that neutered all previous damage lieutenants.

Additionally, given the recently concluded Turf Wars, many more players have Scythe to steal health and reduce the effect of Ace.

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Bungboy
                  Hitman
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                  Well, players add health via stat points (or star up Consigliere). As such, if a player decides to have huge EVE health, it is likely that comes at a cost...less Attack, less Defense, less Stamina or less Energy (or a bunch of crate rolling for Consigliere).

Ace rewards players focused on EVE by adding health but leaves those players weaker in many other areas of the game (susceptible to losing in PVP because of less attack or defense / more expensive to level due to lower stamina or energy / less effective at bossing due to less stamina / less effective at jobbing due to lower energy).

This game is all about choices..it's hard to be strong in all elements of the game and Ace (a primarily EVE based LT although she helps with boss damage) does reward those that are allocating stat points maximizing an EVE power to the detriment of other parts of game.

Additionally, I note that Ace does not hit for 10% of Max health unless she is 5* or higher which means one fused up between 22 and 31 epics to get to 5* (depending on how many copies the player started with from event rewards).

Leave well enough alone and spend to fuse her up if you believe she is overpowered. Fortunately she is the solution to the unintended consequences to the recently released HQ superpower damage mitigation that neutered all previous damage lieutenants.

Additionally, given the recently concluded Turf Wars, many more players have Scythe to steal health and reduce the effect of Ace.

⚡️Alpha⚡️
                  I totally agree with you on most of this. There are many downsides to building an account around Ace. And additionally, if you chose to star up Ace and Consigliere, you've sacrificed so many fusion epics on LTs that are almost only useful for EvE. She damn well better be one of, if not THE best LT for EvE. She's pretty good for bossing too, but I think crit+Overkill is probably better in many cases (unless Ace is starred up nearly all the way). That said, capping the ability (damage and health drain at 1,000 maximum per proc) seems quite reasonable to me. I think it's out of line that at high star ranks, she can repeatedly and reliably one shot entire health packs without any way to mitigate the damage. Cause this means that if 2-3 attackers have high star Aces and 18k+ health and the opponent empire doesn't have any Ace users, they'll pretty much automatically win every EvE as long as the Ace users are only attacking the healers. If the damage and health drain were capped at 1000, at least a reaper or assassin would need to execute the healer after each proc. The procs would still stay reliable true damage and it would still be extremely useful for shredding through high-defense accounts, so her ability would feel almost completely the same. Just less imbalanced.
                  Last edited by Bungboy; 09-28-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X