• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr death
    Kingpin
    • May 2013

Ace has destroyed EVE

The Lt Ace has destroyed EVE because in the hands of a few high level players it is impossible to defend against.

Before at the Top empires, a good Titan could hold a building for 400-800 tokens+ during a war. They of course had to hang around for the full 2 hours, but they have taken pride in building a defensive toon and planned their day to defend against the best.

Now a high level Ace at 5*+ can cut the Titans health in no time flat. It doesn't matter if they armor up because Ace goes under the armor and the 10% is based on max health not current health. The % chance is so high also, it is almost a sure thing.

Now those same Titans are done in 100-200 tokens. It makes defending pointless and has resulted in competitive imbalance. This one Lt is doing to this game what the previous 2 owners couldn't do, bring it down. High level defensive builds are walking away from the game because before, they could help their team win by being there. For the first time in a long time, the Top 4 teams were beating each other consistently and it made EVE exciting for them. Now 1 team is simply unbeatable because of 1 Lt.

Granted, they destroy all other empires, but when a pair of those 4 got together, you didn't know what would happen.

My empire would get beat by them, but before, we would go a full hour or more and take out as many buildings as we could. Now, we are all dead in 40 minutes and the fun of seeing how many points we can score is gone.

I know you can't fix Ace. You can however, introduce a counter Ace to the game. Now to make sure they do not become OP, you can have its effect o just that, counter Ace. Do some potential mild damage mitigation against others, but against Ace have the potential to block as much damage as it can deliver at the same star.

Now those players that have a higher level Ace will always do some decent/significant extra damage against those with a lower star Counter Ace, it will help restore competitive balance.

Just remember, it is these high level empires where the biggest spenders are. The defenders are getting discouraged to the point of walking away after 4+ years.
    Last edited by Dr death; 09-18-2017, 12:38 PM.
  • Check
    Goon
    • Sep 2014

Re: Ace has destroyed EVE

I fully agree with your point, but we cant keep doing this right?! make a too overpowered LT and the solution to it is another stupid broken LT. Ace has ruined EvE for the top5 legend empires where people like Freeman Markus and Alpha/Goldy are dying to people who just have a 3*+ Ace and 20k health. What's the strength in that? a single LT can kill a toon who is superior in every aspect of the game. the LT NEEDS to be changed.

My suggestion would be to change it to raw attack or attack power, make it so you cant have a Triple LSI with 20k health kill someone who has over 30k def power. they're quickly losing their biggest spenders with every update because of shit like Ace.

Comment

• ~<Meps>~
      Lackey
      • Jul 2013

I totally agree on Ace.. Not only does she disrupt traditional game play, she disregards other significant empire upgrades (HQ superpower)
      Complete game changer (destroyer)

✌🏼

Comment

• The_Gasman
        Lackey
        • Sep 2017

I agree too. One high level player with a high star Alpha can destroy a strong defender alone. The balance in this game has shifted from the more actives the better chance of winning to "is our super-Ace player on?".
        For me it destroyed the fun in this game. Only my loyalty to my friends is the reason I still play. No more spending money however
        Last edited by The_Gasman; 09-19-2017, 08:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Swt Melody
          Lackey
          • Sep 2017

I watch defenders from all the top teams all talking about quitting the game. It makes me sad. I'm a stimmer and Ace also renders my role in eve as useless. Big healers can be taken out without debuffs.
          What were you thinking? Find a way to reduce or counter Ace's powers or risk losing many players. Left as is, this LT will be the end of UE.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
            Developer
            • Jul 2016

We are paying attention to this problem, will provide solutions soon.

Comment

• alpha6776
              Goon
              • Nov 2015

Well, I seem to find my name bantered around in this thread so figured I would weigh in...Players initially complained that Ace was not a good event LT and now all the healers are crying about her being over-powered.

I liked Ace and understood how to use her. Candidly me hitting with her is less effective than when I was a sniper using Spectre. Nevertheless, given her strength for Titans, I performed a VERY expensive fuse to 7* her, added to my base health, and rolled and rolled to fuse up a 6* consig so as to maximize Ace's power.

I surmise the river of tears that is flowing here come from one of several empires that have decided to stack the proverbial deck with high level, high health players that were nearly impossible to get through with the advent of damage mitigation and dodge lieutenants. Some of the healers in these empires were not even hit for seasons because one couldn't trudge through to even get to their buildings...

Here's a solution for those empires that doesn't involve Gaea nerfing an LT into something that isn't as advertised...star up Ace, build high star consiglieres, show up on time for eve, set health loadouts prior to eve and blitz to healer like LS does. Ace works the same for all empires so the imbalance is caused by empires not using her as effectively as they could.

If Gaea does insist on attempting to balance the Ace effect with another lieutenant, that lieutenant should only work on an Ace at the same level or below...Candidly, win or lose, I'm enjoying not having two hour EVEs.

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Xcelcier
                Soldier
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                Well, I seem to find my name bantered around in this thread so figured I would weigh in...Players initially complained that Ace was not a good event LT and now all the healers are crying about her being over-powered.

I liked Ace and understood how to use her. Candidly me hitting with her is less effective than when I was a sniper using Spectre. Nevertheless, given her strength for Titans, I performed a VERY expensive fuse to 7* her, added to my base health, and rolled and rolled to fuse up a 6* consig so as to maximize Ace's power.

I surmise the river of tears that is flowing here come from one of several empires that have decided to stack the proverbial deck with high level, high health players that were nearly impossible to get through with the advent of damage mitigation and dodge lieutenants. Some of the healers in these empires were not even hit for seasons because one couldn't trudge through to even get to their buildings...

Here's a solution for those empires that doesn't involve Gaea nerfing an LT into something that isn't as advertised...star up Ace, build high star consiglieres, show up on time for eve, set health loadouts prior to eve and blitz to healer like LS does. Ace works the same for all empires so the imbalance is caused by empires not using her as effectively as they could.

If Gaea does insist on attempting to balance the Ace effect with another lieutenant, that lieutenant should only work on an Ace at the same level or below...Candidly, win or lose, I'm enjoying not having two hour EVEs.

⚡️Alpha⚡️
                I agree whole heartidly. Now, here's the kicker. I actually believe Ace balanced the game more then hurt it. Why? Because this is a multi player game, Ace makes activity imparitive to succeed. If your team is late, or less active, then Ace isn't going to ride in on a silver camel and save the day, you're going to lose. You don't have Ace? Bummer, figure out something that works in favour of your build. You have her, but don't want to spend $15k building to 7*? - then I have nothing for you at all... this game is Free to play, but has never, ever been free to win. Without an LT like Ace, how do you guys think you'd get through Alpha, Goldy, Barnes, Colosis, Freeman, Freakshow, Dark Assassin, Mike, Peter, Jesus, the list goes on and on. The problem isn't Ace, the problem is co-ordination and activity. Work on it.

-X

Comment

• Swt Melody
                  Lackey
                  • Sep 2017

These ideas are great-for offensive players. They do nothing to help the defensive players who have put time and money into making their accounts strong.
                  Something needs to be done to keep these defensive players from being rendered useless

Comment

• goldy
                    Lackey
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Swt Melody View Post
                    These ideas are great-for offensive players. They do nothing to help the defensive players who have put time and money into making their accounts strong.
                    Something needs to be done to keep these defensive players from being rendered useless
                    I don't feel useless 😊

A few problems with your arguments Mel:

1) A 1000 things have been done in the past to make it easier to get through healers - when used effectively by a whole team. Let's start with giving "specials" to everyone.

2) Your team has more high health titans than anyone. Ace was/is available equally to all. The game strategy has changed... again... it happens a lot.

Comment

• Swt Melody
                      Lackey
                      • Sep 2017

That's 2
                      1. I'm not referring to my team, I'm referring to the many others from other teams considering walking away

2. Of course you wouldn't feel useless lol. At your account and spending level who would? But there are many out there who have a much harder time spending to build their accounts, yet have spent to make them strong. Not as easy for them as it is you. That's why some are ready to walk away. That would be a shame. At least some of us think so.

Comment

• Xcelcier
                        Soldier
                        • Jan 2013

Are you joking Mel? - I am defensive, and not even in the same stratosphere as the "Big Spenders" - but I found value in my toon, learned the direction I wanted to build it, stayed true to my choices no matter how the game has in many ways "screwed my build up" - I adapt and concour. Get to be great at something that your team finds valuable and make yourself worthwhile. Nobody is going to do it for you. Seems like this isn't a gripe about Ace, it's about someone feeling like they've lost their place in the game because they haven't found anything they're acceptionaly good at... keep looking, it's there... somewhere...

-X

Comment

• Swt Melody
                          Lackey
                          • Sep 2017

Again, this isn't about my team. It isn't about me, I'm not a healer. I'm perfectly happy with where I am.
                          This is about the ppl who've put time and money into building strong toons. Building their A/D only to find they can now be rendered ineffective by a toon with ace and high health and no A/D.
                          And even the building superpowers don't apply.
                          These ppl deserve to have that money and effort count for something. I, for one, hope we don't lose them.
                          When ppl start walking away from a game they've played for years, I don't think that's good for them or the rest of us.

Comment

• Anchovy
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2017

I'm not a healer either but I have to admit Ace (when used properly) is way OP.
                            I don't see why nerfing her indirectly would be an issue? it's something that has happened already with Hotwire (Cayman Islands), Overkill (HQ Super) and Even Lady Vice (how many new LTs now come with the "No clone" killer mention).

Look ad Dylan in LS, marshmallow account with over 40K health. With Ace, he would make 4K hits regardless of his strength. That's pretty imbalanced in my opinion.

Whatever the decision is, I think it's worth looking at seriously.

Comment

• Reaper9292
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2016

"true damage" is overpowering.
                              u spend years building a defense build with thousands of points in defense to increase your damage mitigation u seat lts to shield more damage or to dodge hits and then all that is counted for nothing when ace procs .
                              i dont have ace or got hit from someone with it but is there any defensive class skills? or lt powers that works against it? turtle nanosuit deflect dodge ? no? then ofc its overpowered.
                              twinkie deals true damage too and my turtle only blocked 80 damage on a 600 hit , when investing time on a defending toon and u see that happens u think its time to find another game , cant imagine how other titan feel when defending against ace .
                              a single lt shouldnt have the power to win the war on it self( or should it when considering the amount of cash spent to achieve that).
                              "true damage" is getting out of hands.
                              it hasnt effected my gameplay yet at mid legend-diamond tiers but it seems it has become a problem at top 50 legend id say , it should be contained.
                              the other thing i was wondering was that if the defender uses 8 packs while getting hit from someone with a 7* ace how many health packs the attacker used? the damage taken should be equal to the damage done so this could be used to counter teams with ace attackers and go thru them easier bcz of limited number of packs.

Comment

Working...
                              X