Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ace has destroyed EVE

Consigliere Game Guru

Re: Ace has destroyed EVE

You just said what a silent few are thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    So I'm guessing if ace is changed y'all will offer the LTs used to fuse her up and money spent back? I have no problem with her, shouldn't change a LT to cater a couple empires, but they're the only empires that matter so idk.
    In the end, the Devs will decide what action will be best to take (knowing no matter what they do... not EVERYONE will be happy with the outcome). I do find food for thought however from both sides of the table here.

Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovy View Post
    Looks like health is the new power in UE
    Well, players add health via stat points (or star up Consigliere). As such, if a player decides to have huge EVE health, it is likely that comes at a cost...less Attack, less Defense, less Stamina or less Energy (or a bunch of crate rolling for Consigliere).

Ace rewards players focused on EVE by adding health but leaves those players weaker in many other areas of the game (susceptible to losing in PVP because of less attack or defense / more expensive to level due to lower stamina or energy / less effective at bossing due to less stamina / less effective at jobbing due to lower energy).

This game is all about choices..it's hard to be strong in all elements of the game and Ace (a primarily EVE based LT although she helps with boss damage) does reward those that are allocating stat points maximizing an EVE power to the detriment of other parts of game.

Additionally, I note that Ace does not hit for 10% of Max health unless she is 5* or higher which means one fused up between 22 and 31 epics to get to 5* (depending on how many copies the player started with from event rewards).

Leave well enough alone and spend to fuse her up if you believe she is overpowered. Fortunately she is the solution to the unintended consequences to the recently released HQ superpower damage mitigation that neutered all previous damage lieutenants.

Additionally, given the recently concluded Turf Wars, many more players have Scythe to steal health and reduce the effect of Ace.

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    Well, players add health via stat points (or star up Consigliere). As such, if a player decides to have huge EVE health, it is likely that comes at a cost...less Attack, less Defense, less Stamina or less Energy (or a bunch of crate rolling for Consigliere).

Ace rewards players focused on EVE by adding health but leaves those players weaker in many other areas of the game (susceptible to losing in PVP because of less attack or defense / more expensive to level due to lower stamina or energy / less effective at bossing due to less stamina / less effective at jobbing due to lower energy).

This game is all about choices..it's hard to be strong in all elements of the game and Ace (a primarily EVE based LT although she helps with boss damage) does reward those that are allocating stat points maximizing an EVE power to the detriment of other parts of game.

Additionally, I note that Ace does not hit for 10% of Max health unless she is 5* or higher which means one fused up between 22 and 31 epics to get to 5* (depending on how many copies the player started with from event rewards).

Leave well enough alone and spend to fuse her up if you believe she is overpowered. Fortunately she is the solution to the unintended consequences to the recently released HQ superpower damage mitigation that neutered all previous damage lieutenants.

Additionally, given the recently concluded Turf Wars, many more players have Scythe to steal health and reduce the effect of Ace.

⚡️Alpha⚡️
    I totally agree with you on most of this. There are many downsides to building an account around Ace. And additionally, if you chose to star up Ace and Consigliere, you've sacrificed so many fusion epics on LTs that are almost only useful for EvE. She damn well better be one of, if not THE best LT for EvE. She's pretty good for bossing too, but I think crit+Overkill is probably better in many cases (unless Ace is starred up nearly all the way). That said, capping the ability (damage and health drain at 1,000 maximum per proc) seems quite reasonable to me. I think it's out of line that at high star ranks, she can repeatedly and reliably one shot entire health packs without any way to mitigate the damage. Cause this means that if 2-3 attackers have high star Aces and 18k+ health and the opponent empire doesn't have any Ace users, they'll pretty much automatically win every EvE as long as the Ace users are only attacking the healers. If the damage and health drain were capped at 1000, at least a reaper or assassin would need to execute the healer after each proc. The procs would still stay reliable true damage and it would still be extremely useful for shredding through high-defense accounts, so her ability would feel almost completely the same. Just less imbalanced.
    Last edited by Bungboy; 09-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.