Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 158 of 158

Thread: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

  1. #141

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Saved my rank packs for the last day - they're not doling out the same xp as paid packs did last event. Bug or feature?
    Feature

  2. #142

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Hmmmmmmmm seems that my "you won" list is missing some items.....
    -
    Yep, never good when your main comes top700 yet receives less crate rolls than your mini that was top10k
    Help ticket submitted!
    Last edited by frsh; 08-25-2017 at 06:04 AM.

  3. #143

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Duke no empire rewards?? Not a massive issue just posting In case it was missed.

  4. #144

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by frsh View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm seems that my "you won" list is missing some items.....
    -
    Yep, never good when your main comes top700 yet receives less crate rolls than your mini that was top10k
    Help ticket submitted!
    Seems as we didn't get empire rewards

  5. #145

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by frsh View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm seems that my "you won" list is missing some items.....
    -
    Yep, never good when your main comes top700 yet receives less crate rolls than your mini that was top10k
    Help ticket submitted!
    Top 700 gets only Z-Virus and 10 epic crate shards. The Rank Rewards are not cumulative, as stated in the rewards screen. You get the reward only for your tier 401-700.

    Not sure if this is your problem, though, but it's a common complain.
    Last edited by alexian; 08-25-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    48BE8B

  6. #146

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    Top 700 gets only Z-Virus and 10 epic crate shards. The Rank Rewards are not cumulative, as stated in the rewards screen. You get the reward only for your tier 401-700.

    Not sure if this is your problem, though, but it's a common complain.
    Somewhat.
    I'm more confused as to how a toon around the 10k mark got more rolls than a sub1k toon 🤔

  7. #147

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Hi,
    when will we get the empire rewards?

  8. #148

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    We just fixed the bug, all Empire Rewards have been sent.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 08-25-2017 at 02:26 PM.

  9. #149

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    We just fixed the bug, all Empire Rewards have been sent.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Hey Duke,

    Was a great event and a good rush at the end but I have a problem.

    When event ended I had 3 toons within rank 1k (I have screen shots on final rank) but when rewards were dished out 2 of my 3 toons changed status and rank to diamond. I contacted support but no response and am not playing for now until it is sorted so things wont get more messed up.

    Please help me
    I spent a lot of money to get there and hope you can fix this glitch

  10. #150
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by 18xfortB View Post
    Hey Duke,

    Was a great event and a good rush at the end but I have a problem.

    When event ended I had 3 toons within rank 1k (I have screen shots on final rank) but when rewards were dished out 2 of my 3 toons changed status and rank to diamond. I contacted support but no response and am not playing for now until it is sorted so things wont get more messed up.

    Please help me
    I spent a lot of money to get there and hope you can fix this glitch
    As history dictates, you cannot count this chicken before hatching. In another thread about this, it is suspected that ties for points go through a sort so that everyone has a unique rank. So if you were 5 under a rank threshold and a number of people tied with more points than you, you get bumped down in the final sort.

    Would be nice to have an official word on this but what I know is what you got is what the system deemed right and they're not prone to consolation awards upon the end of this sorting.

  11. #151

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    As history dictates, you cannot count this chicken before hatching. In another thread about this, it is suspected that ties for points go through a sort so that everyone has a unique rank. So if you were 5 under a rank threshold and a number of people tied with more points than you, you get bumped down in the final sort.

    Would be nice to have an official word on this but what I know is what you got is what the system deemed right and they're not prone to consolation awards upon the end of this sorting.
    I dont know what the logic is but in the last 5 seconds of event on one of my toons i was ranked in 960 area and at events end it shifted to 991. At no point did I go over the 1000 bracket and the system confirmed that to me.

    If the system cannot accurately calculate and display your rank then the developer should state that the rank you see may no be your actual rank and there is a standard deviation of x%.

    Either way its not my problem since I did everything by the book and received an official notification from the game that I finished within the 1000 bracket. (If i needed to spend more I would but had no reason to since I was well within boundaries all the way to the end)

    I remember this happening in events years ago and on severe cases the bracket was extended to compensate those who were damaged but since those days I have not seen the issue again in events. all recent events I was in the final rank was my final rank with no dramatic shifting going on.

    This is a clear case where I succeeded in maintaining rank in event and was verified by the game itself. If the coding is not good enough to handle ranking it is not my fault and all I had to go on is what the system showed me.

    in other terms. the developer promises that if you finish in X tier you get Y rewards. The gamer spends money to play event and the event shows the gamer where he stand at all times. At the end of event the game tells player he is successful and ranked within a certain tier and will receive the rewards the accompany it.

    What else as a player was I to do? If you cannot trust the coding then just blindly pump money into the game? this is not acceptable and its quite frustrating that no one at Gaea is responding or fixing this issue.

  12. #152
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by 18xfortB View Post
    I dont know what the logic is but in the last 5 seconds of event on one of my toons i was ranked in 960 area and at events end it shifted to 991. At no point did I go over the 1000 bracket and the system confirmed that to me.

    If the system cannot accurately calculate and display your rank then the developer should state that the rank you see may no be your actual rank and there is a standard deviation of x%.

    Either way its not my problem since I did everything by the book and received an official notification from the game that I finished within the 1000 bracket. (If i needed to spend more I would but had no reason to since I was well within boundaries all the way to the end)

    I remember this happening in events years ago and on severe cases the bracket was extended to compensate those who were damaged but since those days I have not seen the issue again in events. all recent events I was in the final rank was my final rank with no dramatic shifting going on.

    This is a clear case where I succeeded in maintaining rank in event and was verified by the game itself. If the coding is not good enough to handle ranking it is not my fault and all I had to go on is what the system showed me.

    in other terms. the developer promises that if you finish in X tier you get Y rewards. The gamer spends money to play event and the event shows the gamer where he stand at all times. At the end of event the game tells player he is successful and ranked within a certain tier and will receive the rewards the accompany it.

    What else as a player was I to do? If you cannot trust the coding then just blindly pump money into the game? this is not acceptable and its quite frustrating that no one at Gaea is responding or fixing this issue.
    Preaching to the choir here. I have advocated that the game be very clear in order to cover their butts since I joined these forums I think. Hasn't happened yet. As stated in other thread, I hope they see this as something where they reinforce their stances with unquestionable concrete statements before any lawsuits/mass refunds come into play. For most this would be small claims and negligible. It would take a major player here to rock the boat on this. We're not them unless you have several thousands invested and lawyers on retainer.

    Is it misleading? Yes. Does it cause confusion? Absolutely, just the same as any of the other "You'd have to experience it to know." issues of the game where money can come into play. Does it make people angry and/or leave the game? ALL THE TIME. *many sad faces*

    Those of us here for any length of time navigate a minefield of things you only understand once you've been burned by an unclear thing one or a few of the times that it affects you. Those of us who stay mark that mine on a map in our minds and step around it in future scenarios to embrace the strengths and successes of the game despite the the failures.

    Not much we can do about it outside of protesting by not spending until it is sorted but the effort would have to be community-wide and someone always waffles because the new shiny appeals to their toon- So though they may not have gotten your money, they're getting someone else's.

    Complaining here may yield posts of empathy from the player base that you, like them didn't know that the game worked like that, as most of us have been here at least once or twice. Stories from many veterans here will confirm that this isn't their first time at this particular rodeo...some are so seasoned that they can ride the proverbial mechanical bull that is the phrasing omissions and poorly detailed rules for 17 seconds or more.

    I think I'm up to 12.

    The rewards are as they are. And in almost 3 years I have seen no deviation upon this. Gaea has been doing some good work at sorting some long-standing issues, but if we're talking straight here, they still have some work cut out for themselves in terms of making the game as close to perfect as can be hoped for. I don't envy the inherited mess.

    I do think this is one of the areas that should be focused upon, however. I am a strong believer in "say what you mean, mean what you say". Unfortunately unless I become a major shareholder or management staff myself somehow, I won't have any real impact upon changes here and I have complained longer and louder than most at times. 😂

    Hope for the best, expect the worst, and scrutinize the value before purchasing with an enlightened mind.

  13. #153

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Is it misleading? Yes. Does it cause confusion? Absolutely, just the same as any of the other "You'd have to experience it to know." issues of the game where money can come into play. Does it make people angry and/or leave the game? ALL THE TIME. *many sad faces*
    I am not sure whose interest you represent however I do not subscribe to some of the things you said.

    This is not about misleading or accepting things just because they have been that way for a long time and therefore we must accept them.

    Giving any business your money revolves around trust. trust that you are getting what you paid for as advertised.

    I am not examining any historic events (Although over the 4 years iv'e been playing there have been a few- e.g. casino royale players could build chips after event ended and ranks kept shifting - PA/Kabam extended brackets to compensate and there were additional incidents).

    This incident is a standalone case.

    Gaea advertised certain rules and rewards and in this event like other recent events done by them you receive a notification at the end stating your rank and rewards. In my case they did not deliver as promised and no historical chicken counting is relevant as this should be treated as a standalone event.

    Consumer law actually protects us exactly from these kind of incidents and is designed to safeguard consumers from misleading and deceptive conduct.

    Misleading and deceptive conduct can include situations where a company makes false representations about a product or service, as well as situations where material facts that should have been disclosed were omitted.

    Where that false representation or omission of key information leads to someone buying a product or service they have the opportunity to press charges.

    If they wanted to continue counting ranks under some vague logic mechanism they should not have stated your final rank and rewards banner at events end and instead could have employed the old trick from old events that said "Calculating results".

    This is not the case here and everything is actually very straightforward. Gaea advertised something and did not deliver the goods as advertised. in other terms this means that the consumer paid for something but got something else.

    Imagine you ordered on Amazon a 60" flat screen Tv and received a confirmation the your order was successful only that the following day you receive a toaster oven instead but they had charged you for the TV.

    This is no different and not correcting this can be seen as theft and pursuing this via legal channels under consumer law protection is not as difficult as you make it seem. (There are plenty of law firms who live for this stuff and this is easily a class action especially since you say many have been burned)

    I don't understand why it should come to that but so far Gaea is no where to be seen and support does not seem to be on the ball. I would have thought that Weekend maybe they all took vacation to enjoy the spoils of this past event but obliviously someone is putting up new promos and banners so people are working.

    Simply put - Gaea should Either make this right or clearly state that they refuse to deliver the goods as advertised and in which case will open the opportunity to pursue this in other channels.

  14. #154

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    At this kind of event you don't buy specified products or something guaranteed.. You buy chances. Its like in casino qhere you bought chips and play slots, or lottery.. You already knew that there was a possibility of changes or a subject to change to anything that they deemed necessary..

    Bottom line, you choose to gamble - whether the house rules favors you or not, there's always chance for you to lose. And you knew this even before the games begin.

  15. #155

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by tambunan View Post
    At this kind of event you don't buy specified products or something guaranteed.. You buy chances. Its like in casino qhere you bought chips and play slots, or lottery.. You already knew that there was a possibility of changes or a subject to change to anything that they deemed necessary..

    Bottom line, you choose to gamble - whether the house rules favors you or not, there's always chance for you to lose. And you knew this even before the games begin.


    Actually that is not true. You purchase in game currency in order to compete in an event that is based on performance = points. those who have more points will be ranked higher then others and receive awards based on pre-defined tiers.

    The chance of you winning the event or being placed in a tier is based on your accumulation of points in relation to other players. This is showcased back to the competitors in a the visual form of real time ranking. (every time you gain or lose points you can see your rank change throughout the whole event)

    If you want to compare your example to any in game features then it would be accurate to compare to buying scratchers or the infamous crate rolls.

    Regardless I will attempt to put your example into context of my complaint. Indeed in a lottery you are taking the chance and may not win since it is not up to but that is not the nature of the problem here.

    In this case I won the "lottery" and received an official notice from the lottery operator that I indeed won and even specified the awards I will receive.


    You see the issue is not about my chances at winning. The issue is that according to the game I had indeed "won" however I did not get the rewards that the game said i had earned.


    And regarding your the statement that "You already knew that there was a possibility of changes or a subject to change to anything that they deemed necessary"

    I doubt you are in any position to determine what I did or did not know at any given time.

  16. #156

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Preaching to the choir here. I have advocated that the game be very clear in order to cover their butts since I joined these forums I think. Hasn't happened yet. As stated in other thread, I hope they see this as something where they reinforce their stances with unquestionable concrete statements before any lawsuits/mass refunds come into play. For most this would be small claims and negligible. It would take a major player here to rock the boat on this. We're not them unless you have several thousands invested and lawyers on retainer.

    Is it misleading? Yes. Does it cause confusion? Absolutely, just the same as any of the other "You'd have to experience it to know." issues of the game where money can come into play. Does it make people angry and/or leave the game? ALL THE TIME. *many sad faces*

    Those of us here for any length of time navigate a minefield of things you only understand once you've been burned by an unclear thing one or a few of the times that it affects you. Those of us who stay mark that mine on a map in our minds and step around it in future scenarios to embrace the strengths and successes of the game despite the the failures.

    Not much we can do about it outside of protesting by not spending until it is sorted but the effort would have to be community-wide and someone always waffles because the new shiny appeals to their toon- So though they may not have gotten your money, they're getting someone else's.

    Complaining here may yield posts of empathy from the player base that you, like them didn't know that the game worked like that, as most of us have been here at least once or twice. Stories from many veterans here will confirm that this isn't their first time at this particular rodeo...some are so seasoned that they can ride the proverbial mechanical bull that is the phrasing omissions and poorly detailed rules for 17 seconds or more.

    I think I'm up to 12.

    The rewards are as they are. And in almost 3 years I have seen no deviation upon this. Gaea has been doing some good work at sorting some long-standing issues, but if we're talking straight here, they still have some work cut out for themselves in terms of making the game as close to perfect as can be hoped for. I don't envy the inherited mess.

    I do think this is one of the areas that should be focused upon, however. I am a strong believer in "say what you mean, mean what you say". Unfortunately unless I become a major shareholder or management staff myself somehow, I won't have any real impact upon changes here and I have complained longer and louder than most at times. 😂

    Hope for the best, expect the worst, and scrutinize the value before purchasing with an enlightened mind.
    This is how I reason aswell. Due to experience. Should I have to? No.

    Ladt year an other player was in the same situation. I then offered a simple? solution for the next arena.

    Remove the pop up that shows rank directly after event has ended.

    And when putting the bio up for the arena event state that final calculations will be made due to the extreme amount of token dropped last min.

  17. #157
    Underboss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by 18xfortB View Post
    I am not sure whose interest you represent however I do not subscribe to some of the things you said.
    My own, of course, as well as anyone who doesn't want to see the game shut down because the developers still haven't sorted these ducks into a row.

    I'm in full agreement that this isn't right. We just don't have a lot of options here without threating the whole game existence. I mean when I look at the damages, I look at what the collateral could be and to me, it outweighs the benefits of pursuing this on that kind of level.

    I wouldn't want to be that guy responsible for everyone losing their toons because the game is shut down due to class action lawsuit. Heck, I imagine I'd be doxxed and have angry players at my door on first flight. I'm not saying that to dissuade anyone from doing such, but it is a legitimate concern and the key reason I wouldn't play that card no matter how upset I was about a turn of events here.

    Even if you isolate the case to this event, history will play a factor. There is a track record of things switching during key moments. I mean didn't the gear get a late nerf? The devs at Kabam nerfed Penelope mid-event after years of working a specific way and now anyone who follows is at a distinct disadvantage over those who had years to utilize her power the way it was designed. I won't argue that you have a case, my rebuttal is "But at what gain/cost?"

    I'll waive my settlement just to not be worried about looking over my shoulder in public.

    I've played in far less passionate game communities where I have fielded threats of people showing up at my door. The hostile portion of the UE community is significant. It's a legitimate concern. DL_Joker and I used to discuss these meta-threats at length as he dealt with several while tasked with upholding the forum rules. As someone who has had similar in another game because I was a top player there I was able to empathize and try to help him deal with the abuse. The fact that he has left again reinforces how overwhelming this hostility was towards him.

    I'm not a fan of walking on eggshells either, but this game is entirely a "the floor is eggshells" meme in and of itself.

    Tl;dr: The game has issues in this area. Big ones, but the cure could be worse than the disease itself imo.

  18. #158

    Consigliere Game Guru

    chelsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Battle Royale: Lethal Virus

    Thanks to the derailment of this thread on an issue that should be handled by support and not debated on forums and leading to off topic matters...

    Thread is now closed.

    If anyone has an issue with rewards then please submit a ticket and work with support. If after a few days support hasnt got back to you then you can send UWE_Duke a message on forums to follow up on a support ticket.

    Please note... A one time forum TOS offence is enough for an account to be suspended once a general warning like this has been stated to not derail threads or topics and keep topics in line with forum TOS which prohibits flaming threads and derailment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •