Thread: Boss Points and Thresholds

Boss Points and Thresholds

Can anybody answer the following questions?

Is the threshold needed to achieve the maximum points from a boss without overkilling it, the same as the 3 Epic threshold?

Is the threshold needed to potentially receive a legendary drop (if the boss has one) the same as the 3 Epic threshold?

Re: Boss Points and Thresholds

Quote Originally Posted by Bugo View Post
    Can anybody answer the following questions?

Is the threshold needed to achieve the maximum points from a boss without overkilling it, the same as the 3 Epic threshold?

Is the threshold needed to potentially receive a legendary drop (if the boss has one) the same as the 3 Epic threshold?
    A threshold is the level of points where you have 100% chance to get the amount of drops associated with it. You can get an epic below 1st threshold. It was stated by UWE Duke that Legendary weapons can drop just below 1st threshold. (I imagine they can drop in place of any epic, so this would make sense. You can collect Legend/Epic below 1st threshold, there is just no guarantee in doing so.)

As for overkilling, that's a great question that I don't think has been fully revealed. I know it is at least around 3rd threshold.

Discordant Game Guru

I may be wrong but I always assumed the 3rd threshold was the max and anything over was "overkilling" as in it didn't give more drops or points.

Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    I may be wrong but I always assumed the 3rd threshold was the max and anything over was "overkilling" as in it didn't give more drops or points.
    Yup anything hitting above the 3rd threshold is Overkill... you dont get anything special in normal bosses....