• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBORGX
    Goon
    • May 2014

Incentivise activity

Let's be real for a moment, at this point the game is losing players faster than it is gaining new ones. The lack of activity in some empires is a reason for some to quit because they've been with them for a long time or even build it up from the ground and don't want to change empire.
    I think there is not enough incentive to have a highly active empire. You actually miss out on rewards (cc) if you end wars early. I know that some people like to have it more relaxed in less active empires and as long as there is not extra incentive to join a more active one or start recruiting it will stay this way. Unless we get a large amount of new players this is slowly going to kill the game.
    Merging empires is one of the ways but even that is not really supported by the game and rather tedious to do all the sorting out of inactive players.
    I would like to see some more incentive/rewards for more active empires and maybe have an easier way to merge larger amounts of players between empires.
    The "incentives for new players" has been discussed in multiple threads so i won't jump on that here but we either have to fix the new player problem or the organization of the remaining ones.
  • Allwyn
    Hitman
    • Dec 2016

Re: Incentivise activity

I have kept mentioning in other threads that there has to be a relegation system if you want active empire war's... the bottom 5-10 empires in bronze tier would be dissolved automatically after the season...hence all actives players would have to join some empires. (this wil surely remove empires that have 5-10 actives and 40- 50 dead players)

Also its so easy to make a empire.... just 20FP!!! this has to be changed.... one can just not make a empire .... make this more challenging....put some constraints in building a new empire ...

Comment

• CYBORGX
      Goon
      • May 2014

I don't think you should go the "actively punish the inactive" route but rather do it by rewarding the actives. If the rewards/incentives are high enough you will see a shift in player distribution as they will miss out on too much.

Comment

• David888
        Lackey
        • Jul 2017

For new player there should be some extra boost to help them level fast. Average level guys would be around 600 so for the new player help them get there faster. For old player have a new war on weekends like a super eve with 2 empire vs 2 empire where u can have brand new skill starting from level 1 and u capture the building and u get reward like shards for just occupied for x amount of time. Give us something new . Even if u make a new map to capture an base/ area get reward for being in there will bring new players and keep older player active

Comment

• Quaranj
          Boss
          • May 2015

My thoughts to this were an update to EvE payouts. IMO, none of the newer empires stand much of a chance unless these get a boost somehow. Unlike the low level player incentive; however, I think all levels should have a revamped drop system.

Have it like a slot machine, though it could be invisible and merely do a summary similar to "scratch all" or a boss collect. Every win of every tier gets the empire drop "roll", and depending on level of shadow broker having that value determine amount of empire drops. 5 concrete blocks if a level 5 shadow broker lands upon concrete blocks, etc. Lower levels shadow brokers having guaranteed amounts up to their broker level, and chance odds at a bigger drop amount.

At Platinum, a second roller could be added on the win for 2 sets of empire drops per EvE win collect. This would start to give an item boost to budding active empires.

At Diamond, have another internal roll/spin take place for tech lab drops on top of all the ones above. These could be weighted somehow - or perhaps just the base drops that you get from 5 daily achievements unless you have an upgrade for something like "Tech Center" at the research lab that acts like a Shadow Broker for these drops once you have a lab up. (I always found it odd that research lab only had spy network - I want my scientists to "do better"!)

On a Legend win, spin/roll all of the above and throw a dart at the daily gift table and award that too. Some wins sea corsairs, sometimes 15 crate shards, some a scratcher with a 25k win inside, etc... if you can get it as a daily login drop, add it to the legendary EvE win loot table.

A single tick towards an achievement, a drop of composite shreds, and a single crate shard doesn't make the payout of a legendary win much more enticing than the rewards of a gold win right now. Only thing they're not doing is grinding legendary win achievement there.

All of these would help every level with their particular grind if applied across the board.

Comment

• Chaos A.D
            Goon
            • Mar 2017

I know I'm redundant but incentive Merges isn't the way IMO.
            Small players don't feel confortable in big empires. Isn't fun to be around lvl100~200 and fight against lvl1k+.
            The big problem is dead meat shields.
            Gold and platinum have a lot of lvl500+ dead bodies with 1~2 active players and sometimes a small empire just can't beat this inactive defenders and lose the war. losting interest in game by play against inactive dead places and lose a 15 x 2 actives battle.
            I think clear inactive players (red dots) is the way to fix it.
            Empires will lose meat shields and if not 7 active players the empire will not be able to EvE making people move to active places.
            In the other hand, people that enjoy a slow war will have their place fighting slowly against another empire with almost same size.
            Small / New , players and empires will face small / new players empires.
            This way even Bronze tier will have active battles.
            Just remove red dots after one week not logging and things will fix naturally, filtering tiers and forcing lone players to find a new place.

Comment

• Allwyn
              Hitman
              • Dec 2016

First thing i suggest it to remove dead empires... hence my suggestion to dissolve bottom empires in the bronze tier every season... players who are active and want to play would automatically go to a new empire...

Comment

• CYBORGX
                Goon
                • May 2014

How about end of battle rewards that scale with the amount of actives. That way nobody would be forced into the top empires to have a chance at better rewards.

Comment

• Missy
                  Thug
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by CYBORGX View Post
                  How about end of battle rewards that scale with the amount of actives. That way nobody would be forced into the top empires to have a chance at better rewards.
                  Scaling rewards for number of actives is a pretty good idea.

Comment

• fbc765
                    Enforcer
                    • Aug 2016

I agree on dropping inactive meat shields, i do think 1 week is not enough though due to rl vacations, do it at 1 month, then if that person becomes active again they can always re-join. It needs to be done. Another idea: If not active for over a week the player cannot be placed in a defender spot, that will elimnate the dead meat shields. As for incentives, i also agree that activity should be rewarded somehow. give a extra %chance at a rare/epic shard is a great idea in my eyes, would make guys wanna be in a active empier for those drops.
                    Last edited by fbc765; 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• alexian
                      • Jun 2013

My opinion:
                      - drop meat shields from empires (you don't appear in Last Month Empire Tracker Leaderboard, you are removed at 1st of each month)
                      - give rewards at end of war based on EvE league (ideea: legend league receives empire drops for there level and tech lab items, diamond league does not get tech lab items)
                      - set upgrades and members requirements for EvE tiers (eg: Legend League - minimum 50 actives << members >> and at least lvl 5 all around upgrades, Diamond league - between 35 to 50 actives and all around upgrades lvl 4, average player lvl...). You cannot go higher if you do not satisfy all requirements. Your empire cannot drop to a lower league. What happens if you have lvl5 upgrades but only 15 members? Tough luck, you cannot play. Start recruiting, don't lose people.
                      - stop the possibility to create a new empire untill, let's say, all empires have at least 50% of max members (and active, since dead meat shields are removed).
                      - create new server for new accounts, up to lvl 200 ( I used 200 based on your "Max" feature). In here there are predetermined empires with specific upgrades. You cannot donate items or money to upgrade the empire, all empires will have the same upgrades. In this case, the popular comments "i grew this empire from scratch, I don't want to leave it" should disappear. Existence of Empire drops in case of a win would be interesting, some will be intrigued to see how it is when the account is pushed to the normal server. (though a good tutorial with you cannot use this item now, but when you move to new server, the item will be needed for...).

Not sure anything from above will reward the actives, though. Scaling rewards with actives is a good ideea 👍

Note: my 4 year old empire will struggle if the above proposals are implemented ( 🙄 )
                      48BE8B

Comment

• Chaos A.D
                        Goon
                        • Mar 2017

Glad to see people joining the "remove meat shields" movement.
                        However, Reward actives is a good idea but reward empires by the amount of actives they have I don't think is a good idea.
                        Some people enjoy to play in small places and even active they will not receive rewards if it come from number of actives and not personal activity.
                        Another thing is, if every empire get their max member limit the amount of empires will be reduced drastically and face the same enemy many many times will happen a lot and it's very annoying.

I vote to remove meat shields. (Red dots) for one weak after become red. Maybe one month. But remove them.

After war rewards. We have a chance to receive a shard, it is a reward to active players already. But can be improved, Red dots (before get kicked) if join EvE have x% chance to receive it. Yellow dots after war xx% chance and green dots xxx% or x% to get rare shard.
                        This way active players have more chance to get shards after war comparing with a casual player.

Comment

Originally posted by alexian View Post
                          My opinion:
                          - drop meat shields from empires (you don't appear in Last Month Empire Tracker Leaderboard, you are removed at 1st of each month)
                          - give rewards at end of war based on EvE league (ideea: legend league receives empire drops for there level and tech lab items, diamond league does not get tech lab items)
                          - set upgrades and members requirements for EvE tiers (eg: Legend League - minimum 50 actives << members >> and at least lvl 5 all around upgrades, Diamond league - between 35 to 50 actives and all around upgrades lvl 4, average player lvl...). You cannot go higher if you do not satisfy all requirements. Your empire cannot drop to a lower league. What happens if you have lvl5 upgrades but only 15 members? Tough luck, you cannot play. Start recruiting, don't lose people.

If all are implemented, it will be a welcome step in the right direction (IMO).

Comment

• Xcali1985
                            Head Boss
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
                            If all are implemented, it will be a welcome step in the right direction (IMO).
                            I just know personally I'm tired of the grind the RNG etc.

treat eve like boss heists. Finish in 30 minutes best prizes. Finish in 60 minutes a little less.

30 minutes = epic shard
                            60 minutes = rare shard
                            90 minutes = crate shard
                            End or timer = chance at shard

Comment

• alexian
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                              I just know personally I'm tired of the grind the RNG etc.

treat eve like boss heists. Finish in 30 minutes best prizes. Finish in 60 minutes a little less.
                              Totally agree. Not sure if the epic / rare shards will make the ground more fair, but better or at least more items as rewards at faster wars would be good. (eg 4*CC at 30mins war win).
                              Last edited by alexian; 07-29-2017, 05:47 AM.
                              48BE8B

Comment

Working...
                              X