• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mercurial
    Soldier
    • Mar 2016

Re: Battle Heist, 7/13 19:00 PDT

High stamina toons really bad drop rates. Have a new level 150, got first 2 drops for 200 stamina.

Do you have to go via battle list, or does any PvP work? I.e empire revenge list or from attacking from your own messages.

Major problem right now is that any target you bring up has little to now health, maybe only 5 or 10 stamina to kill so back to the battle list, rinse and repeat. It's painful.

Also RNG for drop rates is super frustrating for this event. The other two at least you know what you need to do to get the shards. This one is the biggest grind of them all, with the potential for little to no reward.

Comment

• Mercurial
      Soldier
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Bbbbb View Post
      Several times I've used over a 100 stamina on a same level player with no drops. According to your post shouldn't I've received a drop each time this occurred? After all a 100% is a 100%.
      It's 100 times X%. If you use over 100 stamina then the X drop percentage must be less than 1%. Which is pretty low IMO.

I.e, if the drop chance was 0.5%, then a 100 stamina hit would give you a 50% chance it getting the shards.

Comment

• Chaos A.D
        Goon
        • Mar 2017

Maybe I ate one 0 from 0.07 and said 0.7. But I said I wasn't sure. Maybe 0.06 was the right number.
        Just remember this is the only fair event we have before start to complain
        If you're strong to hit double your size you have double chance. If you have to hit down you have half chance.
        But if we are same level and I can hit up and you have to hit down it's because I have low S and you have a lot.
        If you compare with job heist I use to pay around 20~30E to do the job. My lsi have 2ke and pay around 50e. So having 5 times more E my mini have better rewards.
        Pvp heist charge you by who you're aiming at. If you'r drop rate are low try to hit double your level. There's no how to say it's fair if they allow you to hit half your size having 1Ks and same drop rate I have.

Comment

• Shifty
          Brawler
          • Jun 2015

It is 0.06 per stam the odds would triple if you hit 3 times your level to 0.18.

So in this scenario, hitting someone 3 times your level,100 stam gives you an 18 percent chance of a drop.

Please pay attention to these odds before there is a whole load of complaints about wasted fp.

Comment

• Chaos A.D
            Goon
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
            It is 0.06 per stam the odds would triple if you hit 3 times your level to 0.18.

So in this scenario, hitting someone 3 times your level,100 stam gives you an 18 percent chance of a drop.

Please pay attention to these odds before there is a whole load of complaints about wasted fp.
            You're right
            And don't forget it's a "chance" like crates and scratches. You have 18% chance tha means maybe you just get nothing.

I can't complain, 200s to get 4 drops are really good to me.
            200s don't kill one boss in boss heist
            Being defensive EvE heist only give me something if they come my way cause I can't waste health hitting and our demo team are to awesome to let me Demo.
            If you read 200s=400e you can say it's not enough for 2 jobs in job heist.
            So I'm linking this one.
            My only complain is this is the second one and EvE and jobs we already had 3~4.

*Im still curious if any pvp works. During EvE, revenge, simple empire farm. Or just the battle List. Anyone have info about it??

Comment

• Shifty
              Brawler
              • Jun 2015

I can confirm that any pvp works.

Comment

• tambunan
                Enforcer
                • Feb 2016

Well if you want easy way you can always find major fluffy health bag in some empire that twice your level or so - pull them again and again - then move on after you got the loot. Rinse and repeat. Use the quick pull link from empire chat and you're good to go.

But sigh* prepare to have your inbox cleared.

Comment

• JPitalia
                  Goon
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by tambunan View Post
                  Well if you want easy way you can always find major fluffy health bag in some empire that twice your level or so - pull them again and again - then move on after you got the loot. Rinse and repeat. Use the quick pull link from empire chat and you're good to go.

But sigh* prepare to have your inbox cleared.
                  Basic question I should know that answer to, but what are the exact steps in pulling someone?

Comment

• Quaranj
                    Boss
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by JPitalia View Post
                    Basic question I should know that answer to, but what are the exact steps in pulling someone?
                    There's a couple of ways but this is the most common. I think you can do it every 8 hours iirc. You need 2 or more toons to do this (one to pull that is different from the one hitting)

Copy/Paste from Line community:

Pulling for dummies

1. Your health should be below 20
                    2. You pull up the targeted empire
                    3. You don't end up using stamina
                    4. You're dead so it won't let you hit
                    5. Go to requested starting point
                    6. Try to attack them
                    7. Success! It tells you to heal
                    8. Don't heal and go to step 9
                    9. Repeat on the next guy

The other method requires the toon doing the pulling to have 0 stamina. Similar deal. They get pulled when the refill dialog pops instead of the nurse.

Comment

• Shifty
                      Brawler
                      • Jun 2015

If you hit any player who is not your Ally, you automatically pull them( give them some helath).

This you can do every 8 hours.

If you have a mini you can also hit them to give them a little health(pull).

If you don't want your mini to appear in their news feed then ..

-Hit them with no health, asks you to heal but don't, they are pulled.
                      -Hit them with no stam, asks you to use a refill but don't, they are pulled.
                      -Hit them with a mini below lvl 80, says you are to low a level, they are pulled.

Also

Pulling someone br 24 or below is a grind as they do not gain much health.
                      Br 25 and above you will see much more significant health gain.
                      Last edited by Shifty; 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• eewe
                        Lackey
                        • Mar 2016

Does the difference of br rank matter or is it only the lvl?

Comment

• fbc765
                          Enforcer
                          • Aug 2016

IF ANYONE FINISHES THIS LET US KNOW, ALSO IF U EVEN GET HALFWAY. DROPS SEEM JUST AS BAD AS LAST TIME SO OPT OUT IS BEST OPTION MOST HAVE CHOSEN BECAUSE OF IT. THEY NEED TO MAKE A SET GOAL RATHER THAN THIS LOW RNG IMO. WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE TO MAKE THESE HEISTS JUST AS GOOD AS EvE HEIST?

Comment

• Quaranj
                            Boss
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by fbc765 View Post
                            IF ANYONE FINISHES THIS LET US KNOW, ALSO IF U EVEN GET HALFWAY. DROPS SEEM JUST AS BAD AS LAST TIME SO OPT OUT IS BEST OPTION MOST HAVE CHOSEN BECAUSE OF IT. THEY NEED TO MAKE A SET GOAL RATHER THAN THIS LOW RNG IMO. WHAT ELSE CAN BE DONE TO MAKE THESE HEISTS JUST AS GOOD AS EvE HEIST?
                            From what I am hearing is that the RNG is ruthless to some and golden to few.

If the RNG isn't in your favor, this can get really costly to the biggest of whales to complete. Doesn't bother me much because I don't put much effort into any of the heists since my smallest toon runs circles around my biggest in terms of job heists. IE: I don't expect to 100% these things. Even the EvE heist can be tricky if you think you'll have enough and come just short on one of the goals that you expected would be a safe bet.

I think there is a mindset that you can win these if you simply throw enough money at the game (except EvE of course) and this one doesn't really guarantee that.

If they wanted to make this a pay-to-win event, they could do the EvE-style bars. Less executions or wins above your badge/level for one set, a substantial amount more if you do want to wallet-slap weak toons to complete it.

Would it make it better? Hard to say. I've been hunting upwards since heist start and have gotten 3 drops. Eh... not worried about how many I get. More amused by how many toons I can beat above my level trying for the RNG to kick in. I'm sure that those who are adamant about completing heists would prefer a more static reward criteria that was outside of the RNG.

I might try a bit harder if the Mysterious shop items had a bit more of a "wow factor" than we currently have but I'm not a fan of the whole shard system to begin with. I don't put a lot of effort into collecting regular ones because the 1 shot RNG is likely to toss me another John than the Celia I want. The silver and gold ones have no instant-gratification. You can't make a whole one of either after a heist, and it's frustrating to put all that effort in and end up with a dice job silver LT or an epic that will sit in your fuse pile.

Replace the shards with full crates and you'd see more trying and going into their retirement funds. I am underwhelmed, and some were disappointed so much by their introduction that they sought addiction counseling and bid farewell to their community friends here.

I'm one of those players who has rolled 3x officer mike on a triple roll. I don't have a lot of faith in the RNG being nice, so I don't push for mere pieces of them. I think this event is geared for my type of player. "I didn't get all the rewards...meh... I might get an epic crate within 6 months if I am lucky... it will likely be Zhukov anyways so why sweat it?"

Comment

• Buck
                              Lackey
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by eewe View Post
                              Does the difference of br rank matter or is it only the lvl?
                              I have this same question. Does Battle Rank have any factor in the drops, or is the drop rate based solely on the level of each guy?

Comment

• Bungboy
                                Hitman
                                • Aug 2013

I've gotten 8 of the 10 epic shards on my main who is a pretty strong account after like 5 hours of grinding and refreshing the list (cost me only 2-3 stamina refills). Being strong enough to beat most people on the battle lists makes things easier for me compared to others, but it's still very hard even for me. While the rewards have been greatly improved, the heist still has many problems so I'm gonna give my input:

There are 3 main problems with the pvp heist:
                                1. Too much grinding and isn't fun: The heist simply takes too long to complete. It takes much longer than job heist. Maybe fun is subjective but I personally hate refreshing the battle list for hours trying to hit the exact same 50-100 people. It's the reason it takes so long to do the heist. It's not even possible for a regular person to do the heist on more than one toon. People who have jobs can't afford to spend 30 hours within 3 days just tapping their phone. It should take 2 hours per account, maximum (10 hours if you want to finish it on 5 toons). Not to mention, it takes some concentration to choose the correct targets off the list.

2. Drops not guaranteed, poor odds: The drop rates are very bad. And as a level 1161 player I can't find anybody even close to 1.5-3x my level. I'm stuck hitting people who are my level or slightly higher or lower. To fix this, just give a shard reward every 10 executions, every 100 duel wins, every 100 war wins, 50 wins on someone higher rank than you, 50 wins on someone higher level than you, etc. Normalise the reward rates by turning them into little achievement things. This would make it as good as the job heist because people wouldn't have a chance to go 3 hours dry with not a single drop.

3. Players are always already super low health or are in the hospital: It takes ages to find a someone you can actually hit. Most of the time you just get a tiny hit, like 5-8 stamina. It's nearly impossible to find someone you can hit with 80 stamina for a better drop rate. This is probably the most frustrating thing. One way you can fix this is by giving players a separate pvp heist health bar, which behaves differently (easier to pull and regens faster), like what we have in the battle royale event.

Look into these concerns and pvp heist will be much, much better the third time around.
                                Last edited by Bungboy; 07-14-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X