Thread: Donation priority icons for HQ page

Donation priority icons for HQ page

Hi,

As the title says please add some priority number and appropriate icon for cash and resource donations to the HQ view. You know the same way as you now can set the kill&demo targets on EvE. Just adapt this code to the donations. Now when I go donate I need to tap the donate button or go to the buildings to find out where to donate if I want to donate smaller sums than the max amount.

Dunno if this has been suggested before but I think this should be easy improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Donation priority icons for HQ page

Does your empire update their news with donation targets?

Here is my news template with current targets. X is the building # - I only swapped those here to mask our layout:

📰News:
    💥Join us in Line chat! PM an officer!💥

💫DONATIONS (In order of priority.)💫
    Cash:
    〰💫Fortification - HQ(Bx)💫
    Items:
    〰💫Crown Jewels - Combat Training(Bx)💫
    〰💫Composite Fabric - Armor Packs(Bx)💫
    〰💫Titanium Beams - Hardened Bunker(Bx)💫
    〰💫Concrete Blocks - Building Health(Bx)💫
    〰💫Steel Beams - Reinforced Steel(Bx)💫
    〰💫Spy Drones - Spy Network (Bx)💫
    〰💫Weapons Grade Plutonium - Nuclear Silo(Bx)💫
    💥💥Empire Drops cannot be acquired!💥💥

^Sharing the plan like that allows members to know what would be apprieciated most when the donation button doesn't cover it all. It also encourages engagement from members to ask where your headspace is from a tactical perspective.

Hey that looks great. I don't think they are that organized. Didn't find info about donations at the moment. Probably the officers focus is on the donation button only now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will777 View Post
    Hey that looks great. I don't think they are that organized. Didn't find info about donations at the moment. Probably the officers focus is on the donation button only now.
    That donation button isn't as robust as I would have liked it to have been myself.

So I'll give a +1, hoping that your suggestion to at least complement it with something that compensates for its shortcomings.

My donation button and our top priorities rarely sync anymore. I have to rotate the button targets on a regular basis to keep items flowing. Otherwise we get a small percentage of members who will donate the 1 item they have tied to the button and omit the other 4 items in their inventory because it has now become "too inconvenient" for some to manually donate the rest. So I have to keep an eye out for that now - when those members stocks deplete on an item, I am forced to switch priority targets. It's really a big pain adding further micromanagement to the task of leadership. These players don't understand the benefits of achievements, neglect to level anything other than their chosen right hand, and I've even been asked by one (who had been playing for two years) why I have a female "Avatar" while leveling a female LT. *smh*

I have come to understand that though some of us really get into the tactics and strategy, many just blindly mash at the game. The further I level up, the more I encounter in the game who have always been that way. I will never understand why some of those players spend so much on a game they don't care to learn properly. Fools and their money I guess.

Anyways, I digress - the button appears to have been an attempt to further simplify the game for those players. If you're determined to do the right thing and a solution isn't announced in the works, I'd suggest studying the empire upgrades on the wiki and making educated choices based upon your empire's progress. Shadow broker/Philanthropist not at max? Start there. If they are at max, cycle to armor packs or bunker upgrades, etc.

As an empire manager who arrived late to the party, I found it akin to pulling teeth to get answers about what should be prioritized so I did my own research. Now I coach others behind us so that they may catch the pack before next the next Millennium.

PM me if you ever need a straight answer on tactical upgrade priorities. Perhaps you will get the officer hook and be offered the role of organizing if you show initiative within your empire. That's pretty much how I got mine. I volunteered for the "secretarial" duties, and over time inherited the whole works.

Best wishes!

Soldier

Since we are talking about options. i would like to have a option for other things as well.. such as layout construction queue, property construction queue etc.