Thread: Description of How New Overlord Crate Lieutenants Work

Goon

Description of How New Overlord Crate Lieutenants Work

It has been several weeks since the release of the new crate. Historically, contemporaneous with a crate release, the devs would put up a post with an explanation of the various lieutenants power. A post similar post for the Overlord Crate would be great. I presume that any lieutenant in the Overlord Crate that doesn't say "No Clone" in their description actually clones. To that end, I would like to confirm that Celia, who I have now starred up to 5*, does in fact clone because I am not seeing the level of token generation per token absorbed that I expect at her star level with a 9* Lady Vice. If she isn't working that way, please fix her...she was an expensive fusing project cause she didn't show up many times in my rolls. Duke, some help would be great in this regard. Keep up the good work...we appreciate you doing what you do...starting the slow grind to level 7,000 during this event.

Re: Description of How New Overlord Crate Lieutenants Work

Well Salvatore was "no clone" and so is the upcoming event LT Ace, so I would be strongly inclined to assume Celia is a "no clone" but they just forgot to put it there. It's kind of ridiculous how Layla, a black market uncommon can be cloned but Celia who has a very a similar ability can't. Hope you get an official response though.

Goon

Well I relied on description that did not say [no clone] when I made the decision to undertake a very expensive fuse to get to 5*. As such, I expect her to clone or for Gaea to replace the LTs I fused to create her...I reasonably relied on description to be accurate

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    Well I relied on description that did not say [no clone] when I made the decision to undertake a very expensive fuse to get to 5*. As such, I expect her to clone or for Gaea to replace the LTs I fused to create her...I reasonably relied on description to be accurate
    Good point unfortunately Celia isn't the only Lt where the power is not properly described or just does not work (Lady Luck).

Maybe they should put more info in the bios of the Lts sort of like they did with Salvatore

"No clone" as a balancing mechanic is just lazy balancing tbh. They should just change all "no clone" LTs to "all cloning effects are half effective" if they think cloning the abilities would be op.
    Last edited by Babaju2; 06-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Street Boss

Everything is negotiable and subject to change. Penelope says hello.
    Alpha is right to suggest that the descriptions on the gameside are a reasonable basis for understanding how things work. If they are not accurate or complete, that's on the publisher.
    When it's just a game, that's no big deal. Where there's money involved, the stakes go up.
    I see why they have trouble keeping up with the descriptions, though. There are way too many LT's and powers for a person to be able to choose an approach to the game. Just when you think you have a good plan worked out, there's a buff and a debuff and a counter-debuff buff and you don't have any of those.
    I don't miss the "simple old days" because we never had them. But I understand how the status quo can be frustrating.

Happy tapping.
    Just a bit analytical.

+1 for this. Please post descriptions of new lieutenants and why not even old lieutenants so that we get the facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by babaju2 View Post
    well salvatore was "no clone" and so is the upcoming event lt ace, so i would be strongly inclined to assume celia is a "no clone" but they just forgot to put it there. It's kind of ridiculous how layla, a black market uncommon can be cloned but celia who has a very a similar ability can't. Hope you get an official response though.
    i think all lt that u cannot clone, must say it in description.