• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maulwurf
    Goon
    • Dec 2016

Health Packs available for defenders but not offense position

Does anyone know the rationale for having health packs out for defenders only? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, only tends to make life a bit more complicated in the heat of a battle. The most recent change to show remaining count with the packs is a nice touch which certainly does a bit of streamlining. why only for defenders?
  • alexian
    • Jun 2013

Re: Health Packs available for defenders but not offense position

Because of the outrage on forum when the hp / ap were introduced in the war field. This way, the offense can no longer "accidentally" use them.
    48BE8B

Comment

• Metalstorm
      Brawler
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by alexian View Post
      Because of the outrage on forum when the hp / ap were introduced in the war field. This way, the offense can no longer "accidentally" use them.
      But unless it can somehow prevent defenders in the wrong building from healing it remains an ineffective solution to a problem that shouldn't exist.

I'm not sure if this is being done already, but removing the icons from defenders once their building has been destroyed could help.

Comment

• Xcali1985
        Head Boss
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Metalstorm View Post
        But unless it can somehow prevent defenders in the wrong building from healing it remains an ineffective solution to a problem that shouldn't exist.

I'm not sure if this is being done already, but removing the icons from defenders once their building has been destroyed could help.
        Lowering the amount of players with access lowers the chance of it being hit.

Comment

• Metalstorm
          Brawler
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
          Lowering the amount of players with access lowers the chance of it being hit.
          That's a given, but it only makes a difference if a significant number of active players are in offensive positions and without crunching any numbers I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of active players are in defensive positions.

I like the idea of giving defenders easy access to packs as anything that can help prevent defenders from having to sit in the hospital constantly refreshing is a welcome change. But I think that thus far the implementation has been poor.

A "solution" that crates more problems than it solves is never a good solution.

Comment

• alexian
            • Jun 2013

Its pretty hard for the devs to know where a team is actually hitting. They could also be hitting 2 buildings in the same time, trying to see which defender is less attentif.
            Leaving the icons defenders only I think is just fine.

This is actually a good proposal. You should put it in the appropiate section or you can directly send them a mail with the ideea.
            48BE8B

Comment

• Chaos A.D
              Goon
              • Mar 2017

Maybe move the heal to top close to refresh and stats buttons

Comment

• Aprilwine
                Street Boss
                • Oct 2013

I'm sorry, this whole thread has had me confused for over a week. Is it the fact of offensive players using HPs? Are offensive players using HPs and APs to heal after dying to return fire? Is the OP a defender and complaining about others using HPs when he is the one under fire?

We can't limit the HPs and APs to Enforcers and Titans alone. What I think needs to happen is better communication between the empires eithics on when it is ok to use those packs. The fact they are on the main war grid is a blessing from having to camp hospital in order to use HPs. That was insane back in the day.

No such thing as accidental useage of HPs and APs. They are fine where they are as long as you close down the chat box completely. If not you may accidentaly tag one of the buildings close to either the HP or AP. Other than that if a Assassin is last man standing he should have full option of using a HP to hold building. This shouldnt be up for debate. Then again I guess you have players that use those packs to last longer to hit targets and I've given my opinion on how I would handle them instantly in previous threads
                sigpic

Comment

• Xcali1985
                  Head Boss
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
                  I'm sorry, this whole thread has had me confused for over a week. Is it the fact of offensive players using HPs? Are offensive players using HPs and APs to heal after dying to return fire? Is the OP a defender and complaining about others using HPs when he is the one under fire?

We can't limit the HPs and APs to Enforcers and Titans alone. What I think needs to happen is better communication between the empires eithics on when it is ok to use those packs. The fact they are on the main war grid is a blessing from having to camp hospital in order to use HPs. That was insane back in the day.

No such thing as accidental useage of HPs and APs. They are fine where they are as long as you close down the chat box completely. If not you may accidentaly tag one of the buildings close to either the HP or AP. Other than that if a Assassin is last man standing he should have full option of using a HP to hold building. This shouldnt be up for debate. Then again I guess you have players that use those packs to last longer to hit targets and I've given my opinion on how I would handle them instantly in previous threads
                  An Attacker having to go into a building to heal is no biggie. Someone holding a building dealing with lag is another story. The quick hit buttons should stay for defenders only.

Comment

• Aprilwine
                    Street Boss
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                    An Attacker having to go into a building to heal is no biggie. Someone holding a building dealing with lag is another story. The quick hit buttons should stay for defenders only.
                    I guess this is still where I'm confused. I have a lv800 Enforcer that sometimes goes Sniper but I'm still the main defender of that building. Why is it that you want defenders only being able to access the main screen hot buttons? Are there that many players that abuse the easy access of the APs and HPs? What is more important to me would be the main war grid showing the amount of tokens remaining on the nuke for prep but I degress, still unsure why it is important for only defenders to have access to the hot buttons on the war grid. If I'm in Sniper spec and holding the building it is a very nice thing to be able to stay on the war grid to make some sniper shots at the enemy and only having to exit that building to the war grid to heal if need
                    Last edited by Aprilwine; 06-16-2017, 02:49 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• alexian
                      • Jun 2013

If you are Sniper but in a defender position you do get access to the "hot buttons". There is no distinction between classes, only between you location in a building.
                      48BE8B

Comment

• Aprilwine
                        Street Boss
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by alexian View Post
                        If you are Sniper but in a defender position you do get access to the "hot buttons". There is no distinction between classes, only between you location in a building.
                        I agree full heartedly Alexian, from what I'm seeing posted in this thread are some players don't want a Sniper to have access to the hot buttons...this is what I'm confused about.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Xcali1985
                          Head Boss
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
                          I agree full heartedly Alexian, from what I'm seeing posted in this thread are some players don't want a Sniper to have access to the hot buttons...this is what I'm confused about.
                          That's not what I said. It position not class. It's about holding the building.

Comment

• ApocLypstk
                            Goon
                            • Aug 2013

I'm with April on this. The quick buttons and now the count showing how many are left is a huge benefit to healers. It was way worse, and more chance to lag when you had to get into the hospital then into a bunker. If the problem is you can't trust your defenders not to heal then maybe they shouldn't be your defenders.

I did like the idea that once a building has fallen then that buildings defenders don't see the packs. Not sure if that could be implemented but I'd be down with that.

But like April, in my empire of people keep "accidentally" taking packs, they don't get to play in the sandbox long.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Quaranj
                              Boss
                              • May 2015

I'm fine with this as is though the button placement can be an issue. Before when they were visible to anyone we had a player with a tiny screen who couldn't get into 7 without taking an ap in the attempt.

I have a small screen device as a backup. Everything is too packed together on them. Go to back out of a building and wnd up in your lt screen. Go to clear that sp flash, end up with the money popup.

That is my backup device - I can't imagine what it is like for those who play on small screens regularly.

Comment

Working...
                              X