Thread: SoCal Facebook Post

SoCal Facebook Post

Looks like we hit 300!

Re: SoCal Facebook Post

Nice! I hope this will at least last 24hrs

Anymore details on this? The goal of 300 likes was exceeded pretty quickly, but I didn't see any discussion about timing of this, duration, etc...

My guess is they will post this in a banner and I have a strong feeling it will last 72-96 hours. The reason is not many are doing the Silver and Gold on this level as it was taking WAY TOO MUCH energy for little reward.

We are just sitting back and sticking with our Dice jobs.

Street Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Dr death View Post
    My guess is they will post this in a banner and I have a strong feeling it will last 72-96 hours. The reason is not many are doing the Silver and Gold on this level as it was taking WAY TOO MUCH energy for little reward.

We are just sitting back and sticking with our Dice jobs.
    There was a thread about this not long ago, and it made me fire up the old spreadsheet. The poster was saying, "Why spend so much energy to get a crate when I could do dice jobs and get more LT power?" It's a fair question. The answer I came up with is: It depends on whether you need SP or LT Power.

I didn't have all of the data I needed to look at SoCal, so I looked at Westside.

To do the gold tier of Westside and the 2 DICE jobs would take 196,000 E. For that you would get 135 SP and 1 crate roll. (Note: You'd also get some SP from leveling up, but I want to compare two cases that use the same amount of energy, so I'm going to call the SP from leveling up a push. That's oversimplified - the dice jobs convert E to XP worse (5-15%) than the district jobs (10-20% overall) - so factor that in for yourself if that number is significant to you. I'm sanding it off).

To do the Westside Dice job takes 2500 E (If you collect early or you have a high-star baron and scarlet you could get one with 2400 but let's be conservative here). If you used the same amount of E on Westside Dice as the Gold Tier uses, you'd collect 78 times.

For the sake of discussion, you'd get about 5 Kate, 28 Blink, 28 Hector, 12 Lotus, and 5 Rare recombinators. If you combined those, you'd have a 3* Kate, a 5* Blink, a 5* Hector, etc.

By and large, a 5* Uncommon = 3* Rare = 1* Epic. I'm not guaranteeing this outcome, but you'd get about 3x as much boost to your LT power doing Westside Dice vs doing the gold tier.

But that's not all there is. It's really a tradeoff. If you want 135 SP, you'd do the Gold Tier. If you want LT power, you'd do the dice job. It depends on what you need at the time.
    Just a bit analytical.

Westside has 2 crate rolls per playthrough (bronze/silver/gold) First map to have 2 secret jobs.

Street Boss

Q, you're right. I added the energy and SP for both but then wrote that you'd only get one crate. Sure, you'd get two.

So, 95 SP and two crates, or 78 Dice jobs. Whatever floats your boat!
    Just a bit analytical.

Quote Originally Posted by analytical View Post
    Q, you're right. I added the energy and SP for both but then wrote that you'd only get one crate. Sure, you'd get two.

Good good! I can't tell you how many people I have known to miss that bottom
    secret job due to its map placement.

As a non facebook user, Thank you for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by NerV View Post
    As a non facebook user, Thank you for posting this.

Same!!
    Appreciated.

Street Boss

Quote Originally Posted by analytical View Post

This morning, as I completed the silver tier of SoCal (thanks to the X2 event), I realized that players also receive 20 SP for completing SoCal. I checked, and you get 15 SP for five-starring Westside. The choice is now between 110SP and two crates to do the gold level in Westside, vs 78 Dice jobs. A nice clear trade-off, so pick your poison!

In SoCal, the numbers are higher. I haven't seen the energy requirements for the secret jobs (I didn't write them down at bronze level). I'll try to grab those today, while the STARS ARE HALF PRICE!!
    Just a bit analytical.