• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoadB
    Goon
    • Mar 2016

Quick question

We all know in eve if hq or armory falls. They lose tokens and get 5 min. Tokens.

But now somebody on my team claims. If we destroy armory after dropping hq or the opposite they lose again tokens. I dont believe this.

Is this true??!!

Thanks
  • Ҝιττү
    Goon
    • Mar 2016

Re: Quick question

If the Armory or HQ falls, whichever comes first, the token counter will become 5:00 and a portion of the tokens players have will be removed if they have any.

I have never seen myself lose tokens twice in a war.

Comment

• Mist
      Retired Game Guru
      • Jan 2013

If hq or armoury blow up you lose token regen bonus. And if you have tokens you will lose a few as well. But only once. It doesn't matter if armoury goes first or hq. You lose bonus timer either ways. Also you lose a few tokens as mentioned, but only once not twice.
      sigpic

Comment

• KOFOLA
        Soldier
        • Jul 2014

I always thought if hq went down first you lose timer and when armory goes down then you lose your token or scenario 2 if armory goes down you lose both timer and token.

Comment

• Ҝιττү
          Goon
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by KOFOLA View Post
          I always thought if hq went down first you lose timer and when armory goes down then you lose your token or scenario 2 if armory goes down you lose both timer and token.
          If either building goes down, it does not matter which goes down first, timer becomes 5:00 and a portion of held tokens are lost.

Comment

• Joe404
            Goon
            • Jan 2016

I know the timer changes to 5 minutes but I've never noticed my token count going down?

Comment

• Quaranj
              Boss
              • May 2015

It happens. Even if you're not holding them.

I have been waiting the countdown only to get token go to tap token. No tokens. "Oh, guess hq dropped" then war log catches up on 2nd device showing the DESTROYED.

Can confirm for the rest, behaviour is the same whether HQ or Armory drop.

I know some were confused by being stunned when either drops as that doubles your token timer to 10 minutes. Some thought that was the impact of the loss of the 2nd involved building but it is the stun effect once either is down.

Comment

• OneHoop
                Brawler
                • Oct 2014

I haven't tested but I'm pretty sure the 5 minute token timer is applied retroactively to all tokens "accumulated " since the last server update which if you haven't spent tokens in a while means that you lose ~40% of tokens since then. If true, then everyone should spend a token before hq/armory fall.

Comment

• Andy_CO
                  Goon
                  • Mar 2014

I can confirm this--it's been like this for at least 4 years that I can think of. If you lose the armory or HQ, token timer immediately goes to 5:00, and if you have tokens you haven't burned yet, the game will retroactively take tokens away so that you have as many as you would have had, if the 5:00 timer had been going on since the beginning. It does the same thing if you have Gunslinger in your EvE loadout and swap him out and either use a token or refresh. (You can switch to, say, a jobs lineup outside of battle if you're leveling, and you won't lose tokens or timer, as long as you switch back before spending a token).

Comment

• Expeditus
                    Goon
                    • Mar 2014

Do the hardened bunker shields drop too if you take out HQ? If not, why not?

Comment

• Quaranj
                      Boss
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by Expeditus View Post
                      Do the hardened bunker shields drop too if you take out HQ? If not, why not?
                      No.. they stay up.

I don't know the official reason but it likely has to do with the fact that if shields dropped with the HQ, the team that took out the HQ would essentially be penalized by having potential battle points subtracted from the match. IE: If the shields dropped, your demo toons would lose the ability to collect a number of battle points from hitting those shields in a match.

This would be horrible for higher level empires and force a really weird strategy change.

It would force them to clear all the shields prior to dropping the HQ just to milk the maximum number of battle points out of the match. (Because battle points factor into rank)

Comment

Working...
                      X