What would it take for an AMA with the dev staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quaranj
    Boss
    • May 2015

What would it take for an AMA with the dev staff?

As title states - would it be possible?

I ask because as much as those behind the UWE_Duke account seem to have their hand on the pulse, decisions above them really send a conflicting message. The forum developers are listening (and providing excellent information and suberb customer service) but someone(s) has chosen to absolutely ignore the valuable feedback of these forums.

I've stopped trying to understand what goes on in the feature focus meetings behind closed doors as it sometimes makes very little sense at all. New gold/silver jobs were panned by a lot of the community, yet here they are. Crates were and continue to be diluted with more LTs making targeting one LT even more difficult for new players than veterans who obtained legacy LTs in crates with better odds. Chempacks were another level of grind added that impacted PvP players, putting those who prefer not to boss hunt with their stamina at a disadvantage.

I could go on, but lots that happens in UE makes me shake my head. I sometimes wonder if the one who calls the shots has ever spent quality time playing and experiencing what we do. I also wish that they would give us their vision of what the future of UE holds. A sincere discussion about all things UE could really put some minds at ease.

Truth be told, overall I am somewhat disheartened myself over how long the android issues have gone on, and the impact it has had upon us as players on the platform. I log in, go through the paces, and swear at every crash under my breath. I wish they would simply freeze any new features until the current code is solid.

Apologies if this seems a bit out of left field from me, but the new promo hitting the screen has had an impact upon me in the sense that though I normally would have bought it without a second thought, I find myself too frustrated over the horrid performance of the most recent events and buyers remorse over supporting a game that has been left this broken for this long now.

I fear another event where the disadvantage to androids is as prevalent as it has been on the past two MMBs will be mine, and others last straw. Anson is worthless on a droid in an event, and we're not being heard. (Or not being loud enough.)

Tl;dr - Can someone plotting the course tell us where we're headed? Seas look rough ahead and around us.
  • NerV
    Thug
    • Oct 2013

Re: What would it take for an AMA with the dev staff?

I also feel the same. I have stopped buying any fp or promos for awhile. I just cant see how the promo could help me progress the higher you go... the promos we get when you are low level are good but it should scale up as you increase in levels.

There has been a few updates like the pvp list in empire page that if you attack any one then you automatically go on an attacking list. Ive had 2/3ks hitting me because i hit a level 500 that is my level once from the battle list. I cant see how that was a huge priority.

I am not a fan of the chem packs idea aswel as insignias. It is honestly a horrible grind fest. I would prefer one or the other...

Level caps. Nothing. You just keep going on and on....some thing needs to be done.

Value for money...it just is not there... fp costs needs to go down. % need to increase. Crates need to be de-diluted. Making higher stars needs to be revalued. The amount of lts is just ludicrous. We seriously need to cul a lot that do not get used.

EvE has just become too complicated to understand. It is now riddled with shields, powers, nukes, Splash, mitigation, plague, true damage, special powers, negate...the list can go on. Eve was fun, simple and very active with players.... this is my opinion. We need a shake up with empires. Merging. Deleting. Matching. Upgrading.

Tier 2 eve classes. Honestly not a fan of ghost or term. I havent tried the other 2. Just costs so much for poor reward. Maybe i just like the good old days.

Ive stopped playing 2 accounts and logging on maybe every 3 or 4 days now to see if any thing has changed. 1 account is on iphone and i wont carry around an iphone when i have a samsung any more. If you dont put in cross platform functionality then i am not carrying both phones. Its been 2 years and i just cannot do it any more.

Samsung lagging. Just horrible.

Duke has been quiet of late. Slow to respond. This is my observation.

Hopfully we can get some sort of time line or future plan for UE.

Comment

• Tayien
      Goon
      • Feb 2016

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still trying to get the contribution rewards from the last MMB. I've been sent to other Dev. I've been told that the Dev have more important things to do.

Comment

• Daz Hأ¸nz
        Goon
        • Apr 2016

+1 on especially Android issues.

Comment

• BoredGeek
          Goon
          • Mar 2016

A very big plus one hundred million to this. Just to add some of my 2 cents. I've got one account level 1.2 k plus with only 500 stamina and energy each which I've spent thousand of dollars if not more than ten thousand dollars left abandon. All I asked was to port my android account to iOS so I can still play and spend money for the account. I didn't event put in a single hit for the last event due to frustration. Since then I still support UE by making another two minis using iOS platform and loving them. I don't understand why is it so hard for the devs to at least give me/us as a whole a bit of hope that you see thru this. I'm not asking you to revamp the whole android platform system for UE . Just make cross platform for UE possible. Please make it easier for us androids to play and spend .

Comment

• Quaranj
            Boss
            • May 2015

I really feel for players stuck between platforms like BoredGeek above.

To lose access to your own account because you have switched camps doesn't help player retention any. We had someone in the empire go from one to the other last year. They played their new toons for a month/month and a half and went inactive. They just couldn't deal with having to wipe the slate clean after years of progress.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
              Brawler
              • Dec 2016

Seems to me like there are a lot of players who just want to say screw it and quit UE, but are giving it plenty of chances because they want to believe that things will change.
              Unfortunately, wanting to believe things will change won't last forever, and sooner or later, people will just up and leave.
              I sure hope the devs actually care about this issue, and don't just look at this game as nothing more than a money generator, because for us, it is so much more.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                Developer
                • Jul 2016

Hey!
                An AMA is actually a great idea! We’ll set something up on Facebook, stay tuned.
                The dev team have been working on Android issues, but there are several technical problems due to historical reasons (UE had no Android client since its first few versions). In any case, we’re working to fix these bugs to ensure Android players a better gaming experience. Engineers are currently working on the Android client, so please bear with us during this time.

Comment

• Quaranj
                  Boss
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                  Hey!
                  An AMA is actually a great idea! We’ll set something up on Facebook, stay tuned.
                  The dev team have been working on Android issues, but there are several technical problems due to historical reasons (UE had no Android client since its first few versions). In any case, we’re working to fix these bugs to ensure Android players a better gaming experience. Engineers are currently working on the Android client, so please bear with us during this time.

Great news! Looking forward to it!

Comment

• Cthulu
                    Retired Game Guru
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                    Hey!
                    Good luck!
                    Come join us
                    on the official
                    Underworld Empire Discord Server
                    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• NerV
                      Thug
                      • Oct 2013

Looking forward to it!

Comment

• Quaranj
                        Boss
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by NerV View Post
                        Looking forward to it!
                        It's on right now! I've been glued!

Highlights so far:

Boss filter coming soon - once Apple Appstore finalizes approval.

Strong hints at a revamp to gifts and more tech lab items.

A "Like this comment" if you would like the ability to change from one mobile platform to the other.

More answers keep coming...I keep getting thread notifications since following the post.

Comment

• NerV
                          Thug
                          • Oct 2013

We need more on what will be done with the content we have now. No add ons.

Lts. What are they going to do about having 140 ( approximate) with only using 5 at one time? Maybe a shop to sell lts we do not need and convert them to some thing else?

We need to do some thing with staring up lts. It needs to be made easier. Possibly sacrificing 1 epic/rare/uncommon/common instead of 2.

Empires. We need a huge clean up. Honestly we need to come down hard on dead/1 man empires.

Reasses the requirements or reduction in how many leagues there is.

Match making. Improve it.

Maybe look into merging empires that give benefits to both parties. (Renaming the empire, taking the higher empires upgrades, having more ownership rights)

PvP. I am afraid it is dull. Needs more rewards for effort.

Extend the respect to 120000 with fresh new faction items.

Ability to sell our junk weapons ect.

Insignias and chem packs. We honestly do not need both. Can we not have some common ground on that.

New weapons and skins for existing lts. Things like backfire - gives 1% extra building/shield damage.

Fixing up crate rolls. Honestly they are so watered down. It is just ludicrous.

Minis. They have destroyed the game. That is my personal view. The game is rife with them. This is some thing that cannot be changed.

Heists that involve an active empire to complete. Deal 1 mil building damage between your empire ect ect this will get us to band together and join more active empires.

Reduce the tech lab items required. Most of us will never use the 20/30 blue prints we got from 2 MMBs now. This needs to be more accessable to the common player.

Thats all i can think of right now.

Comment

• NerV
                            Thug
                            • Oct 2013

Reduction in FP costs. Specials. % off. 2 x FP weekends. 2 x epic drops 10% instead of 5%. Females day. Special crate at half price with women lts focusing on defender type or assassin type. So much freedom to do these thing. Some thing like this would draw in players new and old.

Male this game more affordable. Reduce the costs of things that require fp.

Boss heist marrathons. Stitch bosses together. Mix and match. We have far too many bosses. You cant keep adding and adding. Make better use with the content we do have.

Adjust boss loot tables monthly. Instead of us going for the same boss every time. Mix it up.

Comment

• NerV
                              Thug
                              • Oct 2013

Underworld Empire 2. Underworld rebirth. Fix all these issues and release. Iphone and android cross over. Level caps. Farming players. No minis. Better rewards for activity. This is an idea. It may not be popular but would solve every issue UE has.

Comment

Working...
                              X