Thread: Why new silver and gold jobs?

Why new silver and gold jobs?

Hi been looking around forum but couldn't find a thread about this. How come new silver and gold jobs were released as instead of a new map? It was my belief that new owners had decided to put siler and gold jobs on ice? I don't understand this change of heart.

Duke: I was told to release this. So I did it.
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 05-01-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Re: Why new silver and gold jobs?

Well a new map also equates a new boss that has to made, secret areas, possibly a new rare LT for the challenge jobs. Where to fit the area.

With all the maps so far I only picture LSI and spenders having them complete by now. Guaranteed that there will be new map is out once sliver and gold reaches the last area. Or there gives us platinum level stuff.
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me

I thought Duke posted that there was an issue with how the silver and gold jobs worked. I personally don't see a change. It still takes a ridiculous amount of taps to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    I thought Duke posted that there was an issue with how the silver and gold jobs worked. I personally don't see a change. It still takes a ridiculous amount of taps to complete.
    And a ridiculous amount of energy at these higher Maps. I have a toon with 6K energy. Took almost 3 refills to 5* first 2 jobs. I feel bad for anyone with out Baron/mastermind/fixer. Honestly I probably wouldn't do them if I didn't have one of those LTs

Also wondering why the jobs take double and quadruple the original amount of energy but the rewards stay the same?

Why not extra money, xp, sp for starring and higher reward for 5* whole area?

Would make it worth the super high energy cost and broken fingers

I've elected to skip them. Probably puts me at a disadvantage but like a poster abover I have a 6k energy mini and it's still ridiculous.

I was happy when I heard these were on hold indefinitely - seeing a new one isn't thrilling tbh.

Secret jobs should have been done first. No new areas or bosses required.

I wont be doing any of them, got fed up with the first 3 areas let alone doing more areas of it, we need an incentive to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_teflon View Post
    I wont be doing any of them, got fed up with the first 3 areas let alone doing more areas of it, we need an incentive to do it.
    Agreed... I mean maybe if the dice jobs scaled up too with better LTs?

Gold and Silver jobs are painful. When given an opportunity to make Baron obtainable as a secondary epic in events to mitigate that pain, the choice has been avoided. (He was the only legend boss missing that was an LT in a Legend-boss themed event)

I feel like we are all being kettled into rolling for Baron or starring up Fixer. Either way, I'm not having fun with the jobs portion of the game anymore due to this.

I would like to have seen the secret areas that are missing be released before silver and gold in SoCal.

I don't mind the fact we have to work harder for silver and gold jobs. That being said the amount of tapping is excessive. I enjoy doing dice jobs as a seasoned player of the game now, but unless I'm spending it's a 2 month breakaway just to get these jobs done for a few extra sp before I can go back to dice again.

Okay tbh, the thing that makes the silver/gold star jobs beyond slums/train tracks so painful to do, is that you end up giving up so much energy that could've been used to get way more uncommons/rares from spamming Westside dice jobs. Silver/gold jobs aren't really worth a few extra SP and 1-2 crates if it costs you up to like (I'm just rough estimating idk really) 200,000 energy (basically 90+ LTs from westside) to complete it. I think adding a few rare/epic crate shards for 5 starring silver/gold areas and making them rewards for completing the silver/gold secret areas would create more incentive to do them. Either that, or just double/quadruple the favor points/skill points for finishing them based on whether it's silver or gold.

I like the concept of silver/gold but if the rewards don't increase while the energy cost keeps scaling up to 2x/4x the regular, it's kind of pointless to waste energy on them. You do get a lot of skill points but Westside dice for having higher star LTs is much less tedious and more rewarding. It could also be a good idea to upgrade the difficulty and rewards of the area's dice job and replace commons/recombinators with uncommon/rare LTs if you have a silver or gold area completed. Gold starred Socal dice could be like 2% chance at 1* epic LT but cost 4x the energy.
    Last edited by Bungboy; 05-02-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaria2 View Post
    Hi been looking around forum but couldn't find a thread about this. How come new silver and gold jobs were released as instead of a new map? It was my belief that new owners had decided to put siler and gold jobs on ice? I don't understand this change of heart.

Duke: I was told to release this. So I did it.
    Thanks for the clarification Duke. Lol sometimes u gotta do that. Do as they say that is.
    But it would be great if they took these suggestions to heart. Because its true what they state, (the posts in here) currently its more enery for same pay off, that makes doing silver and gold jobs a bad roi. Ue playerbase is already a slave to rng so we are quite picky when it comes to roi. We tend not to spend if we dont think it pays.

Gaea has done tremendously well compared to previous owners. Their success has been in listening to customers, but formost the big difference has been an openess and a will to communicate. And I think I can speak for many here when I say that we are very grateful for that.
    I do hope that releasing the silver and gold jobs were a quick fix, a decision made due to people sitting on eng refills from event.

I'm asking Gaea to please not give up on re working the s/g jobs aswell as re balancing the later dice jobs (really bad roi there).

Kindly Ramaria

The communication has been great. Silver/Gold jobs have been flawed from the start when they increased taps and not resources required.

I honestly don't care if the rewards scale, it's even for all accounts so the playing field won't change.

I just can't sit and tap the screen that many times in one sitting. I have baron and even at 4x jobs it's still too much tapping.

Without Baron there are actually jobs that require you to tap twice just for 1%. I can understand it being a grind feature, but I honestly don't think there is one player on here that seriously think that tapping the screen more is the correct introduction of these jobs.

4K energy and I had tried doing gold west side and then silver SoCal. I just don't have the mental strength to just grind through it. Will go back to dice jobs for LTs.

the way I see this, if I was to start grinding these areas the way it currently is, I will miss several months of doing west side, so the toss up is finger abuse and excessive tapping for a few months or loads of Lts that I can use to get stronger from dice jobs and I know what I would rather it be.

Enforcer

please stop negative energy xp return

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mob View Post
    I come to the conclusion players don't want to do silver and gold jobs because it is a waste of energy that could have been spend on challenge jobs and not worth the stat points?
    My suggestion is add random tech lab ingredients to jobs just like stat converters @ 3 per day.
    By random I mean gold, rough diamond, basic, tool and gun part.
    What do you think?
    Will players start doing silver and gold jobs if they have a chance at tech lab ingredients dropping?
    Still not worth it in my opinion 2000+ energy for one stat point isn't worth it when I can spend 500 more and get a westside LT to fuse up.

these stat points are very valuable for higher level players, costing 15+ refills to level up or getting 1 SP for 2k energy is amazing.