Thread: Can't see emojis on Android

Can't see emojis on Android

I know there was a thread created on this before, but I cannot find it.
    Can anybody with an Android see emojis on UE?
    For a couple months I haven't been able to see them, and some of those names that have the ridiculous fonts just show up as a blank space.
    Even if I use an emoji, I can't see it, but it shows up when I look at it on my IOS device, so it does register on Android.

Any suggestions?

Re: Can't see emojis on Android

Quote Originally Posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
    I know there was a thread created on this before, but I cannot find it.
    Can anybody with an Android see emojis on UE?
    For a couple months I haven't been able to see them, and some of those names that have the ridiculous fonts just show up as a blank space.
    Even if I use an emoji, I can't see it, but it shows up when I look at it on my IOS device, so it does register on Android.

Any suggestions?
    This has to do with Android's implementation of Unicode.

6 showed Emoji fine, 7 seems to give some people trouble.

Android 7 can sometimes start showing emoji properly again by simply changing your font.

I've tried changing the font and doesn't do anything. I use multiple devices for this game and two of them are running Android 7 and they are empy/blank spaces also. Older device runs Android 6 and yes everything is fine. With newer Android phones being released, they will be released with Android 7, with no option to roll back to 6 or lower. The developers must try and get this resolved, very difficult to attack people when they have fancy names and I can't see who it is!! Also how come there is no autocorrect in the text fields? I've tried multiple keyboards and only one shows up with autocorrect (Touchpal). Unfortunately that keyboard sucks (possible malware/ads).

Quote Originally Posted by amoot329 View Post
    I've tried changing the font and doesn't do anything. I use multiple devices for this game and two of them are running Android 7 and they are empy/blank spaces also. Older device runs Android 6 and yes everything is fine. With newer Android phones being released, they will be released with Android 7, with no option to roll back to 6 or lower. The developers must try and get this resolved, very difficult to attack people when they have fancy names and I can't see who it is!! Also how come there is no autocorrect in the text fields? I've tried multiple keyboards and only one shows up with autocorrect (Touchpal). Unfortunately that keyboard sucks (possible malware/ads).
    Lol not only do we have all of that in common, but my android also won't let me edit things I've already written. For example, if I write an entire sentence, and I realize the 1st word is messed up, I have to delete everything and start again. I can't touch my screen and select what I want to edit, as it is completely unresponsive.
    Because of this, I am unable to copy anything I write, so I have to exit the game and go into my notes app if I want to write and copy anything.
    But yes, it is very frustrating. Some names I can't see anything whatsoever, no matter what font or keyboard I use.
    Very frustrating.

The box editing got messed up with whatever chat engine update came with chempacks.

The font/emoji thing is an android issue though. I don't expect a fix from Gaea on this.

Been on android 6 (and prev versions) and emojis where showing fine. Now upgraded to Android7 and cant see anything. Even if I want to post msg with emoji it shows (null).

Edit.
    Tried to use other emojis downloaded from google play and it dosent work either
    Last edited by Little_Mac; 05-18-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Marked. Thanks for reporting.