Thread: EvE timer weirdness

EvE timer weirdness

My EvE timer keeps falling out of sync during battles across my toons. Additionally, it will keep saying I don't have a token, even though I do, and not until I refresh can I use a token. Never was an issue before but it's gotten really bad the last few days. Also, the lag.....just really frustrating. This is happening to multiple members of my empire, so I can only assume the devs already know about it, but just wanted to make sure it was on the radar.

Re: EvE timer weirdness

You might consider submitting a help ticket? It will help flag it as an issue for support to look into.

I'm guessing you have Gunslinger in one of your LT loadouta. If you have him out for over one token regen, then switch to a load out without him, it will take back the few seconds of token regen that Gunslinger gave you.

I don't recall him working like that when he was first implemented, but I know for at least the last month or two, it's been messed up. You literally can have a token, swap out gunslinger, and then not be able to use a token for several seconds as the loss of his ability in effect takes a token from you.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_co View Post
    my eve timer keeps falling out of sync during battles across my toons. Additionally, it will keep saying i don't have a token, even though i do, and not until i refresh can i use a token. Never was an issue before but it's gotten really bad the last few days. Also, the lag.....just really frustrating. This is happening to multiple members of my empire, so i can only assume the devs already know about it, but just wanted to make sure it was on the radar.
    mine also, i have 3 and sometimes it says no token even though i do, it seems to happen to gunslinger lt more often, ill see 1 token on 1 section and 0 in the other... ITS NOT BECAUSE OF HIM THOUGH, I HAVE A MINI W/O HIM AND IT ALSO HAPPENS IT WILL SAY 1 TOKEN I GO TO HIT AND SAYS I HAVE NONE, TRY AGAIN AND USUALLY WORKS. THIS HAS STARTED SINCE EVENT THAT I HAVE NOTICED. AND NOTICE ON PHONES I HAVE A 10 SECOND DELAY FROM IOS TO ANDROID, AS IN LOOKING AT THE TIMER FROM ONE TOON TO ANOTHER ON ANOTHER PLATFORM.
    Last edited by fbc765; 04-27-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Same problem here. Shows a token, but can't hit, wait few seconds and it's ok. No special lt for token at all

Been experiencing this for a little while now too. Token is there, try to spend it, says it is not there. Refreshing brings it back for me so far.

I've had this issue too (on a toon that doesn't have gunslinger). Try to spend tok and it says you can't. Then a few seconds later you can.

It's gotten worse since the event ended. Along with the lag. It's affecting all of my toons and everyone in my empire. There's no way the devs can't be aware of this. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thought I was the only 1, it has gotten very annoying. Especially when you are token to token, trying to sync caps and demo.

I think this is an overall clock issue. I just had my timer jump about over the character change time-out. (51 seconds warning after more than that in the game, then it nearly seemed to allow me then told me I had 20 seconds left. Was weird. Never had that happen before.

Perhaps something to do with how the game perceives server time vs. client time? I know when my droid updated once, the option to auto-update my clock became unchecked. This resulted in 7 minute count down timers in EvE. It still landed in 5. Turns out my clock had drifted. When I set update back, it was fine again.

This could also be the root of the reason why MMB jumps back and forth between current boss and dead boss.

Probably deserves its own thread, but the lag has gotten absolutely HORRIBLE too. The game is becoming unplayable. It makes me really sad, honestly. I REALLY hope this gets addressed soon.

Its gotton worst since mmb finished, it effects all my toons, and sometimes it will say i have 30 sec till token so i enter the building to see my target and now timer changed to 1 min and 30.. Ill refresh and it will go back to what it was originally.. , then of course it will show u have a token but takes 3 tries for the game to realize u really have one it seems ... And this is def a new/recent bug that has evolved

Anyone notice the glitch in switching account timers? Shows 4 seconds on one try, you count 5 Mississippi and then it says 35 seconds or something higher than what it was previously.

Quote Originally Posted by EliXiR View Post
    Anyone notice the glitch in switching account timers? Shows 4 seconds on one try, you count 5 Mississippi and then it says 35 seconds or something higher than what it was previously.
    I mentioned that one above - it seems to be a related issue of the clock appearing to be bouncing around like it did in the MMB.

I logged in mini, joined war, fired tokens, came out of EvE, paid respect, went to change toons - 51 seconds left. What?
    Click it again, says I won't be able to switch for 60 seconds, click okay, 34 seconds before you can switch message. Back and forth until both "clocks" were at least past the time that it would allow me to switch.

I can confirm all of the problems stated above. Started last days of event. U get them more or less and my toons are out of sync. Now it got better but therefore lag is so big it isn't fun either

It is a complete mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by p@go View Post
    I can confirm all of the problems stated above. Started last days of event. U get them more or less and my toons are out of sync. Now it got better but therefore lag is so big it isn't fun either
    Right - I noticed that too - towards the end of the event it got worse with Bosses bouncing back and forth between the current one and dead one. Hit the dead one, it jumps you to the live one, go to hit live one, goes back to last dead one. It happened like that during the Femme Fatale event too, but didn't appear to spill over into other clocks last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaranj View Post
    Right - I noticed that too - towards the end of the event it got worse with Bosses bouncing back and forth between the current one and dead one. Hit the dead one, it jumps you to the live one, go to hit live one, goes back to last dead one. It happened like that during the Femme Fatale event too, but didn't appear to spill over into other clocks last time.
    I think this may have something to do with the unexpected end of input bug, as they are all related to the incorrectness of one of the backend server time. This will be resolved.