Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Enjoying UWE again?

  1. #1
    Street Boss
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Posts
    767

    Enjoying UWE again?

    I took a break last fall, and started back up a month or so ago. I've had a kind of rekindling of my enjoyment of the game.

    One thing I enjoyed back in 2013 was my first empire, The Johns Syndicate. We were all green, squishy, and enthusiastic. We didn't win much, but we never quit. That was a hoot.

    You might know that I have about 40 toons. Playing so many can be drudgery. A real whipping. So to restart, I played only mini's. It was kind of sort of the same as back in the beginning. Players at lower levels (100-300) go through changes quicker - getting LT's, leveling them up, buying property, getting the tech lab items, and so on. A level 800+ player is lots stronger, but their days are not as full of the early changes. So I went with the kids, and that was fun.

    One other thing that has been fun for me has been building toons differently. There's more than one way to enjoy a sniper or a heavy, and more than one way to allocate their SP as they grow. The variety gives them a bit of personality, making it more fun to build them.

    The MMB has been fun too. I wish that the promo had lasted as long as the event, because some of my toons had plenty of refills last week. And then they didn't anymore. And no promo. Sniff.

    I have some questions about changes in game play, for those of you who have been slogging through the winter. Such as:

    The heists give lots of crate parts. Does Isis help you get 2 crates sometimes?

    There are lots of newer LT's. Poppy was new last fall. Any since then that you like?

    The old kindles didn't support the google play store, but the newer ones do. Has anyone ever created an account on an old kindle fire HD, and then successfully moved it to a newer device that supports the google play store? I want to be clear here - I'm not suggesting that people sideload the game on devices. Quite the opposite, in fact. But if you tried it right when android came out and you can't bind it to a google play account, you'd like to try to bring it into the "safe harbor" where it's protected, right? Anybody made that transition?

    Have there been any rumors that you might be able to gift to your empire mates?

    Is it just me, or has the practice of popping up messages gone to an extreme? I get popups on top of my popups. Sometimes it kills the flow of the game, because instead of doing what I want to do next, I have to clear several distracting messages. There's got to be a better way to inform players about the status of their playing without interrupting them so much. Then again, maybe I'm just a crabby old man that doesn't like interruptions.

    Anyhow, I've been enjoying daily play for the past month or so, and I hope everyone else is too. Plus, it's great to see Joker back on the boards.
    Just a bit analytical.

  2. #2

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    I use Poppy for my mini. I can quickly dump tokens.

  3. #3

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Quote Originally Posted by analytical View Post
    The old kindles didn't support the google play store, but the newer ones do. Has anyone ever created an account on an old kindle fire HD, and then successfully moved it to a newer device that supports the google play store? I want to be clear here - I'm not suggesting that people sideload the game on devices. Quite the opposite, in fact. But if you tried it right when android came out and you can't bind it to a google play account, you'd like to try to bring it into the "safe harbor" where it's protected, right? Anybody made that transition?
    Yes, I have. I have a Kindle Fire HD 7 that does not support the Google play store. Sideloaded UE and google play store on it to start my accounts. I've transferred and play these accounts on other android devices.

    But, you HAVE to bind your UE account on the older device otherwise you cannot move it to a newer one. If your sticking point is that you have UE installed on an older Kindle BUT don't have google play on it then you can look at this link: https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/ This is the process I used so I can vouch for it. Think some other players on here have followed this also. Only thing to be aware of is that option 1 did not work for me so I used option 2: install play store from a windos pc.

  4. #4
    Street Boss
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Posts
    767

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Whois, you just solved a problem that I've been struggling with since the android version came out! I also had to use Option 2, but it worked for me. I was a bit nervous because a) my device is a Kindle Fire HD, really old, and the screens don't match the ones on the webpage; and 2) I got a few error messages while the batch file ran. But when it finished, I rebooted the kindle, and saw the google play store in the apps. I was able to log in with the google play account that I wanted to use for my level 336 sniper (yes, that's how long I've been going along "barefooted" hoping to find a way to move the account to a regular android device.

    And it worked! I was able to log in, then I was able to see the account on my Samsung Galaxy S tablet. You've saved Etta Place from a fate worse than death! Thanks, Whois. Happy crime ganging.
    Just a bit analytical.

  5. #5

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Yes, Isis can double your crate build. It has happened for me

  6. #6

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Quote Originally Posted by GQuest View Post
    Yes, Isis can double your crate build. It has happened for me
    Kicking myself right now...

    I didn't even think of trying this. I suppose she would possibly work on the insignia creations and heist faction weapons and all the other things I never tried.

  7. #7

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Welcome back man!

  8. #8
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    279

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Welcome back!

  9. #9

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Quote Originally Posted by analytical View Post
    Whois, you just solved a problem that I've been struggling with since the android version came out! I also had to use Option 2, but it worked for me. I was a bit nervous because a) my device is a Kindle Fire HD, really old, and the screens don't match the ones on the webpage; and 2) I got a few error messages while the batch file ran. But when it finished, I rebooted the kindle, and saw the google play store in the apps. I was able to log in with the google play account that I wanted to use for my level 336 sniper (yes, that's how long I've been going along "barefooted" hoping to find a way to move the account to a regular android device.

    And it worked! I was able to log in, then I was able to see the account on my Samsung Galaxy S tablet. You've saved Etta Place from a fate worse than death! Thanks, Whois. Happy crime ganging.
    Awesome, glad to hear it helped

    Now that you mentioned it, I remember the screens differing slightly when I did it also. I think the screenshots were from an older version.

  10. #10

    Re: Enjoying UWE again?

    Welcome back dude. You have 40 toons?!? Omg, I sometimes hate keeping 5 toons going, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •