Early Terminator somewhat less than exciting - will it get better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maulwurf
    Goon
    • Dec 2016

Early Terminator somewhat less than exciting - will it get better ?

A couple of weeks ago I managed to advance my Heavy to Termintor and am pretty disappointed. My empire lost a good Heavy very effective against buildings with seemingly nothing to make up for it and don' know if I should just continue as a Heavy and not advance the Terminator.
    What I have right now is Napalm which I am not sure exactly how it works. I assume it keeps burning over time but the damage is quite small. Then of course 'Incinerate' which seems to be doing reasonably nice damage but its regen time right limits it to 2 uses per empire war if that much. Maybe those will get much better with level advancement but looks like it will be a long slow process.
    Anybody have any comments or suggestions?
  • KOFOLA
    Soldier
    • Jul 2014

Re: Early Terminator somewhat less than exciting - will it get better ?

I got bored of terminator and decided to go for the first 4 classes instead, however if you stick to terminator class it will get better.

Comment

• Onur
      Thug
      • Jan 2016

I am a level 8 Terminator and I have recently maxed all skills. And I have mixed feelings about Term.

Terminator has many different usages. One is bury-big gun-collapse (you better have Whiplash) for this. One term dedicated to this build is enough for an empire. It can easily clean all the packed non-defenders in the protected building, if you can reach there of course. Expect to see over 60k damage.

Napalm is useful against inactive empires who do not have active titan defenders of stimmers. You can put napalm on inactive defenders and, if not stimmed, you can reach 20-30k extra damage at the end of the game. Plus, napalm-third degree is a useful addition to booby trap against defenders.

Where term has a lot of potential but fails to deliver is having building damage while still having defenders. Time bomb and devistate can damage buildings with defenders which sounds amazing. Unfortunately, with all the building health upgrades and titan reinforce combined with health loadouts, the building health levels are extremely high for time bombs and devastate to be effective. It is rare that we actually need them, but it happens. So it is nice to have a couple of devastate skills in the empire.

Extra shield damage is just great. Additionally, grenade level 3 becomes better than heavy damage once you pass base attack+defense 5000-6000 I think.

However, there is no replacement to a booby trap.

Thus, my opinion is that terms are useful for empires that already have a good amount of heavy players. If you are in an empire with 50+ actives, a good term will be useful in the long run. However, it is very hard to build. If you lack actives, do not bother. Making a term useful will take you at least a year and your empire may not afford it.

Comment

• Dr death
        Kingpin
        • May 2013

Play as a heavy as you build your term. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Rokub
          Goon
          • Jun 2015

From my understanding once your term is maxed out on the demo type skill you end up doing more dmg then a demo would demoing.
          I just want to say it requires proper insignias and the right LT's to do crazy demo dmg. I'm talking multiple thousand demo hits. GL!

Comment

• IVI 3nace
            Goon
            • Jul 2015

Onur has got it right. If u can get right lts inisgnas u can be very dangerous. But this class takes ally time to build up.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
              Brawler
              • Dec 2016

I switched over to Term a little while back, and have just recently upgraded to Grenade 3. I have roughly the same attack on it, as I do another HW toon of mine. I hit a bit more with the Term than the HW, even though the HW has Dozer and the Term doesn't.

Now, I'm not too stoked on the absence of Booby Trap, but I'm working on getting Bury 3 now, and I think it will be a good trade off once I am able to start helping out my empire by more than just hitting buildings.

I guess we are in the same boat, trying to figure out how it compares to HW

Comment

• lincsidney
                Thug
                • May 2015

I've too maxed out the skill and level 8.

I shared your initial disappointment, the key is to get your empire to understand that you are not a heavy anymore. You need to napalm the non-target buildings, hit shields and clean up the buildings stacked with players.

It will take time, but it's worth it. I didn't overtake my hw demo until I got over 2500 attack and grenade 3.

Good luck and stick with it.
                Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
                Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
                Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
                Building damage record with shields 13,397
                Player damage 110,006

Comment

• Faustus
                  Thug
                  • Mar 2014

It does get better, trust me and the others that have posted above.
                  Once a certain point is reached, you do more building damage and player damage than the equivalent Heavy.
                  You may need to play slightly differently but that is an empire organisation issue that has to be managed. Communication and awareness are the keys. Other players have to be made aware that the Terminator needs to be given the chance to take out the shields (if there are any); the use of Napalm must be planned with some advance as it takes time to get the most out of it; Booby Traps are no longer an option so healers have to be dealt with differently, etc.
                  Last edited by Faustus; 05-29-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Quaranj
                    Boss
                    • May 2015

Terminator is a very versatile class. Strong demo, savage hunter in the right scenario.

Just like Heavy Weapons.

Many only demo, but explosives are really really devastating in bulk when they chain react.

Comment

• Cthulu
                      Retired Game Guru
                      • Dec 2014

I like Terminator. All of the classes take a bit to get going when you start them out, worth it in the end though
                      Come join us
                      on the official
                      Underworld Empire Discord Server
                      https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

Working...
                      X