• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gusilala
    Goon
    • Nov 2013

Points for X varies on strength?

I am a super LSI with an 8* anson and 4* envy... I'm getting an average of 30-55k on an x. People with lower star ansons are getting 70k+!! I have latest iOS and iPhone and quick connection! Are the points available for x now dependant partially on strength too??!!
  • SugarJ
    Goon
    • Feb 2015

Re: Points for X varies on strength?

It's a dumb in game mechanic. 150k+ Points per execute for a few 1 stamina hits. I personally don't fee bad for anyone with anson issues

Comment

• Xcali1985
      Head Boss
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by SugarJ View Post
      It's a dumb in game mechanic. 150k+ Points per execute for a few 1 stamina hits. I personally don't fee bad for anyone with anson issues
      Me either. Anson himself doesn't bother me. Early executions don't bother me. It's the people who camp for them that does. If your hitting and the chance pops up that's fair game. Camping executions from people dumping hundreds of FP per round is cheap.

Don't know if there is anything that can be done to fix it. Outside of what they appeared to do which is nerf the execution damage.

Comment

• Bungboy
        Hitman
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
        Me either. Anson himself doesn't bother me. Early executions don't bother me. It's the people who camp for them that does. If your hitting and the chance pops up that's fair game. Camping executions from people dumping hundreds of FP per round is cheap.

Don't know if there is anything that can be done to fix it. Outside of what they appeared to do which is nerf the execution damage.
        I completely disagree about Anson camping being a problem. Most games reward hard grinding and dedication and UE should move towards this direction to an extent if it wants longevity and to maintain a loyal playerbase. Anson in MMB is one of the only examples we have of rewarding grinding in UE. Someone who spends 100+ hours on the event camping for executions definitely deserves to finish the event in a top 600 rank. If those people dumping hundreds of FP want to compete with the guy camping for executions, then they should star up an Anson too, and fight over the executions with each other. People are so used to being able to pay to win for everything, that it seems "unfair" for someone to be allowed to grind hard and be rewarded for it.

If anything, we need MORE mechanics like this. Nerfing these mechanics turns the game into even more of a mindless cash machine, removing any sense of grind and accomplishment. Why would anybody want to play this game if they knew they HAD to spend money to even be able to compete at all in any of the major events? No matter how strong your account is, you should have to spend more money just to play? For example if I spend 100 hours on the event with a fully 9*'d Anson and Envy/Vice waiting for the executes, then why should a guy who spends $100 and only 1-2 hours automatically beat me just because he has a big wallet? (Hint: He shouldn't. 100 hours of grinding is way harder to pull off and more valuable than spending $100!)

It's just ridiculous, yet most things in this game are exactly like that. Pay to win with no chance to compete with spenders unless you're willing to spend more than them. This is likely the main aspect of this game that causes people to quit. There is no alternative to spending. For all the other events, you either spend or you simply don't compete because there's no grind option. Thank god for Anson camping in MMB so both spenders and grinders alike can compete for the top 1000 and top 600 ranks.
        Last edited by Bungboy; 04-24-2017, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• mr_teflon
          Lieutenant
          • May 2014

the whole point of anson when he first came in the game was to save players stamina on hitting bosses, the points you got was a nice bonus, if hes saving people having to use loads of stamina in the event then its benefiting everyone and the community as a whole as everyone has to use less stamina to get to the next round of the boss which you must agree is a better thing, personally you wouldn't see me sitting all day refreshing a screen in the hope of a execute but fair play to those who have the dedication to do it.

Comment

• Reaper9292
            Banned
            • Jan 2016

I had Anson and fused him away bcz I knew I don't have the time to wait for executions and also the game delays so much on my devices , even with a 9* Anson I wouldn't be able to get a single execution .
            Now if some player has played for years and was able to get a 6*-9* Anson and stays for hours on boss to execute ,while the best lvl i could reach on an uncommon Lt during all this time was a 5* then good for them .
            Everyone had the chance to get Anson from the promo .
            And about points on ex ,maybe they didn't reduce them ,maybe it just by the time u execute many people hit the boss and the health on it was very low when executed so that's why the points were different .

Comment

• alexian
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Reaper9292 View Post
              Now if some player has played for years and was able to get a 6*-9* Anson and stays for hours on boss to execute
              I like how everybody is trying to make us think that camping for execution is a non stop job. Maybe it was on the initial boss levels, but now it requires 2, max 3 minutes of attention every 30-40 minutes.
              48BE8B

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                Developer
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Gusilala View Post
                I am a super LSI with an 8* anson and 4* envy... I'm getting an average of 30-55k on an x. People with lower star ansons are getting 70k+!! I have latest iOS and iPhone and quick connection! Are the points available for x now dependant partially on strength too??!!
                MMB boss X actually means a 100 stamina (or something like that) hit on the boss, and the damage is based on your strength/crit/crit dmg/boss dmg bar change status and etc. So yeah, if you equip weak boss LTs your dmg is low.

I don't like this either, just didn't have time to revamp the whole thing yet.

Comment

• Ogre180
                  Lieutenant
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Reaper9292 View Post
                  I had Anson and fused him away bcz I knew I don't have the time to wait for executions and also the game delays so much on my devices , even with a 9* Anson I wouldn't be able to get a single execution .
                  Now if some player has played for years and was able to get a 6*-9* Anson and stays for hours on boss to execute ,while the best lvl i could reach on an uncommon Lt during all this time was a 5* then good for them .
                  Everyone had the chance to get Anson from the promo .
                  And about points on ex ,maybe they didn't reduce them ,maybe it just by the time u execute many people hit the boss and the health on it was very low when executed so that's why the points were different .
                  Even have a 7* Anson with a 4* Lady Vice I'm lucky to get 1 execution should I be lucky enough to be on when it is close enough.

My biggest questions I Nautica and her usefulness. I had her seated at first (only 3*) and from what I was seeing over the first 2 days of the event compared to since then I received fewer bullets with her seated than when she wasn't.

Comment

• Dr death
                    Kingpin
                    • May 2013

The X camping is fine, these people are spending much more time which I guess is worthless. Remember a significant portion of the reward are Black Hats and the most I get from an X hit has been 3.

That is a very long ways from 1,000 (first semi decent level reward level) much less the 1,500, 3,000 or 4,000 levels.

On my 5 toons, 4 of them blew past the 4K level (from spending) the 5th Super LSI didn't spend other than the $5 promo used refills and hit 1,000 Black hats on the nose. Now I just need to decide to spend a few more refills and get the Epic and make my first 2* Epic from it.

I have made my contribution for the rewards that these toons will get. Only 1 will come up short of my goal for it.

Comment

• Jaybird
                      Goon
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                      MMB boss X actually means a 100 stamina (or something like that) hit on the boss, and the damage is based on your strength/crit/crit dmg/boss dmg bar change status and etc. So yeah, if you equip weak boss LTs your dmg is low.

I don't like this either, just didn't have time to revamp the whole thing yet.
                      What does this mean "I don't like this either?". Please don't jack up this event by nerfing Anson for future events. There are LOTS of players who like this aspect of MMB and it is not only non spenders. I dropped 40+ refills and got some x's along the way too. The combination makes it fun. Babaju spelled it out correctly above that grinding should mean something too for those willing to do it. The more the game appeals to spenders and non
                      -spenders the better off we will ALL be and so will the game longevity. If non spenders can't do well grinding things this game will go downhill quickly as we will lose player base. That affects the entire game, including EVE, which is most people's favorite piece, apart from events. Thanks for hearing both views.

Comment

Working...
                      X