• corp5e
    Captain
    • Nov 2013

Event LT: Salvatore STUD or DUD

34 attack / 36 defense

Unique EvE Skill:
    Chance to gain respect points in EvE for spending tokens

Attack
    Attacking a target consume 1 respect point and add X target health as damage
    (X=1% at 1 star, add 0.25% per star)

Defend
    Absorbing token will consume 1 respect point and reduce the incoming damage by 30%
    Stud
    54.17%
    Dud
    45.83%
  • Bungboy
    Hitman
    • Aug 2013

Re: Event LT: Salvatore STUD or DUD

Pretty sure it's a dud. The ability looks like it's supposed to be a sort of defense/offense hybrid LT but it only works in EvE. Not worth pushing for an event LT if it can only be seated for EvE. If you want an attack defensive hybrid LT, just get Vigilante who gives % damage and % damage reduction so he can be used at bosses too.

Comment

• John0897
      Goon
      • Apr 2013

The problem I see is how can you use it while actively healing. If you attack and earn a respect token then if you attack again won't you use the token? If there is a way to specify that you want to use them only on defense then it might be useful. Bull rush a bunch and earn tokens. Then use them on defense. If you can't save them up then you need to attack at the same time people are attacking you.

Comment

• Onur
        Thug
        • Jan 2016

At least it is Mafia, not Unaffiliated. That makes me want to have at least one copy.

Will I star him up? No.

Will I use him in EvE? If it is remaining health, if someone heals for 1800 health, he will add 18 damage for maximum. It does not sound to be worth it. Only situation (for attackers) he is useful would be attacking high health toons. So, he may be nice to have, but he won't make it to my attack circle. From demo point of view, we are screwed again.

I do not know what defenders think but the defensive property sounds way better than the offensice property.

Comment

• edmwyh
          Goon
          • May 2014

This was from another post so Duke mentioned that using a token gives 5 respect points (this is nothing to do with the respect in game. It is Salvatore's special ability)

I think it is a STUD for EVE only but his power doesn't make me want to push in this event.
          Good for attacking high health players and titian with nano skill already.

Comment

• NerV
            Thug
            • Oct 2013

I would love one dor the art work but i wont be paying for it. Just playing casual. Sounds dud for both my accounts.

Comment

• EliXiR
              Lackey
              • Jan 2017

Dud.... even if it panned out better than we are perceiving, it'll be coined OP and then be nerfed as many LTs have before. I am interested in more copies of Crimson though....

Comment

• Savage1988
                Goon
                • Dec 2016

Does he work for defending in eve?

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                  Brawler
                  • Dec 2016

Definitely like his defending qualities. If you've got a known defender in a tough war, go ahead and hit some easy targets and stockpile those respect points.

Say Salvatore procs 4 times, that is 20 hits on you that are 30% mitigated. Pretty sweet if you ask me

Comment

• Nokky
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2013

i don't understand his ability, what respect points?

Comment

• frsh
                      Thug
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
                      Definitely like his defending qualities. If you've got a known defender in a tough war, go ahead and hit some easy targets and stockpile those respect points.

Say Salvatore procs 4 times, that is 20 hits on you that are 30% mitigated. Pretty sweet if you ask me
                      If that's how it works that does sound pretty effective

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                        Brawler
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by frsh View Post
                        If that's how it works that does sound pretty effective
                        I guess his usefulness all depends on how often he procs. It doesn't clarify how often he generates respect points. If he only procs 1 or 2 times a war, then that sounds like major dud all around. Have him hit 10 or so times a war though, and he could help quite a bit.

My question is about starring him up. Is his offensive ability the only part that will increase when starred up?
                        Or will his chance to get respect points/damage mitigation increase as well?

Will be a bummer if it's just the offensive aspect that increases. 2.25% of health at 9* is a lot of work for such low health loss (45 per token on a target with 2k health left, not factoring in damage mit)

Comment

• Cthulu
                          Retired Game Guru
                          • Dec 2014

My first thought was GTA3 and I'm on the fence. I think I'll need to see this one in action personally.

MMB is always fun though
                          Come join us
                          on the official
                          Underworld Empire Discord Server
                          https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Kilolbs
                            Brawler
                            • Sep 2015

Stud, I didn't see a % chance to do 30% mitigation. So that should mean to does it every time. 30% mitigation is a must have for defensive players. And adding 1% for health as damage is nice. This is a stud

Comment

• Dr death
                              Kingpin
                              • May 2013

For defenders, this has some real potential. They are trying to balance out defenders just a little bit. It will never be 50/50 as true defenders make up maybe 20% of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X