• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frsh
    Thug
    • Mar 2017

Re: Event LT: Salvatore STUD or DUD

After Duke's helpful info: stud for me.
    Don't normally go after the EvE LTs but as a bsi def this is a must have!

Comment

• phpcb9
      Goon
      • Jul 2014

I don't get it, so you gain respect by attacking.

So every attack expends respect by a 1-2% health damage buff. So for an attacker you'll never be able to stack this up to 5 stacks.

The only way is to use armor or stim to gain a stacking buff.

Comment

• Mist
        Retired Game Guru
        • Jan 2013

For def purposes he's a stud. Otherwise overall a dud imo. Event lts should be op. That's why they are special. Here in this case it's meh imo. But at least the overall rewards are generous and worth participating in for whatever you can enjoy.
        sigpic

Comment

• LLL
          Brawler
          • Jun 2015

Dud for me. Even if you get 10-15-20 respect points, you will either use them or you will be a little protected for the next 20 hits. As my defenders usually absorb 300-400 toks, being protected for 20 toks (if you get there...) doesn't look impressive.
          It would have been nice to proc for incoming hits as well, then I would have been impressed, lol.

Comment

• Wh1t3H4mm3
            Lackey
            • Mar 2017

They just need to add a extra power like 5% boss damage and this LT could be epic

Comment

• Xcali1985
              Head Boss
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by LLL View Post
              Dud for me. Even if you get 10-15-20 respect points, you will either use them or you will be a little protected for the next 20 hits. As my defenders usually absorb 300-400 toks, being protected for 20 toks (if you get there...) doesn't look impressive.
              It would have been nice to proc for incoming hits as well, then I would have been impressed, lol.
              I tend to agree here, haven't made the decision if I'll push for him or not, just spending daily stamina so far.

I'm primarily offensive, but I've stacked a few defensive LTs for when I'm really needed to defend. Problem for me is that it's such a rare occasion.

I would probably lower the respect per proc. Remove the using one when attacking. Make it gain 2 respect per token spent. To make it event worthy would probably give a %defensive boost as well.

New power: gain 2 respect per token spent, while defending each respect mitigates 30% of incoming damage. Provides +% defense when out of respect.

Comment

• OneHoop
                Brawler
                • Oct 2014

Pretty lame that an event epic is only good for EvE.

They shouldn't have called it respect. Too confusing with the existing game mechanics. Maybe power-up or just "charges."

Comment

• Mainevent
                  Goon
                  • Oct 2014

To make Salvatore just a little bit useful for defenders, they should just change, that
                  Respect points are not used when spending tokens. Very simple.

Comment

• corp5e
                    Captain
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    To make Salvatore just a little bit useful for defenders, they should just change, that
                    Respect points are not used when spending tokens. Very simple.
                    Fully agree with this statement.

Comment

• Havok
                      Goon
                      • Feb 2017

I think he would be a lot better if his ability wasn't eve only. Imagine being able to stack/use respect in eve, pvp and bosses.

Comment

• corp5e
                        Captain
                        • Nov 2013

Swap Salavatore out and lost respect.... so disappointed with this event LT.

Comment

• Shifty
                          Brawler
                          • Jun 2015

I like to have an attacking set up for my titan with splash lts for when I use Bull rush. Then I like to swap to a defensive set up whilst absorbing tokens, I don't see how I can fit this Lt in to both of the set ups to fully gain his skills. Really hate to say it after all the time and effort getting him but I think he is fuse fodder !

Comment

• Onur
                            Thug
                            • Jan 2016

As a demo, it is mostly useless to me. Still, I tried him while I use time bombs and manage to get a proc.

Then, I switched to my bury loadout (because it is useless for demo), and nothing happened! Without his items, this lt has no chance to find a place in my loadouts.

I will wait a week or two to let the devs collect some data on him and see how useless he is to attackers and demo. I hope they will change his powers. If it wont happen, he is a big DUD and a fuse fodder!

Comment

• Cnotes
                              Lackey
                              • Jan 2017

1* of Salvatore seems like a dud to me. Anyone who has more copies of him, does he seem better? Want to know if I should even bother fusing him up or just fuse another epic LT? One thing I wish they did for his ability was if he procs their would be some way to know before you waste a respect point and also know how many respect points you have. So if he did happen to proc again while already having respect you would know.

Comment

• Kilolbs
                                Brawler
                                • Sep 2015

I think the event lt would be a stud to the heavy weight class that traps and defends. Hw class has -25% taken when hit with a crit, along with event lt it would be a nice defender. since they are mostly trapping and hitting blgds. Plus it good for the counter class that don't attack and just hit bldgs, stim or whatever besides attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X