Thread: Keeping beginners attached to the game...

Enforcer

Keeping beginners attached to the game...

I have been playing this game for over 2 years and noticed that the number of new players have been declined. There are mainly mini's of old players or players who have lost their accounts. (This was mentioned in a separate thread few days ago)

Also have seen some guys mentioning, " Developers should invest in marketing and ATL activities" but analyzing that part I feel as much as marketing is important there has to be a way to retain the interest of newer players to keep them going with the game for a long time.

I feel " word of mouth" is the main reason new players join and I personally had made my friends to download the game. Unfortunately no one was hooked for a long time and sadly the max level they reached is 200 before uninstalling the app.

The reason why they left is few didn't find it interesting and the main reason they left it coz they didn't understand the game at large... doing jobs for a while attack players and then chatting in World chat with few bullies... The tutorial isn't very convincing and helpful...there are lot of things that the game has in itself which as a experience player can understand but new guys wont... eg. Chem-packs , LSI, BSI, Hybrid builds, Wars, empire's, Tech - labs, etc...

And many in this community would agree that it took them a while to get their toon at the right track, or a mini to get the proper build.

Not sure how this is possible, but it would be great if new guys are educated with better tutorials, give them the forum links, beginners guide, class development strategies etc.

Community can add their views.

Regards,
    Allwyn

Re: Keeping beginners attached to the game...

Making a lvl 80 world chat would be a start maybe even 2 empires where new people can join for a few days that continuously vs each other that way they can know the thrill of active battles

Not to derail your thread for beginners, but I'll give my experience.

I found this game through an advertisement and app store. I had saw it advertised on Facebook I'm pretty sure. I rarely ever click those sponsored links and simply went to the app store found it and downloaded it. So there was Marketing for the game at the beginning.
    The game has been out for ~4 years so the amount of people that come and go is probably rather large.
    I usually dislike games with Tutorials. Most apps I download I rarely make it through a forced tutorial if I find it too boring.
    I don't believe the game is that difficult to understand at the beginning.
    There really isn't 'that much to do'. Jobs and simple and bosses are simple. Build a Building economy simple.
    Empire wars and classes sure that takes a bit of learning.
    How to build your character properly is a whole other topic.

If they added any sort of tutorial it would need to be able to be skipped imo. I can see tutorials made for empire wars/classes. A link to the forum to great guides could be useful too.
    I'd also assume they already have an analytic tool already coded into the games code to see a ton of stuff.
    I do think daily logins for rare guns and such helps word of mouth. If next Friday there is a 1 time login for Sara's lost glass shoe people are going to make sure they login and tell their friends.

In the end every person is looking for something different you never know who will enjoy the game and who won't. You can't force people to play or stay.

Need separate servers. 1-79 (gradual guidance), 80-100 (aggressive tutorials and guidance), 100+ your on your own.

It's too late now, but level caps should have been part of the original design. Being level 10 and joining an empire and fighting wars with 2-3 level 900+ in the opposite empire I don't think is progressive.

I would feel like it would be too much of an investment to catch up. That's exactly the feeling new gamers need. They need to feel like they can catch up.

I don't know if you lower the early level up requirements, temporarily increase supply regen, whatever, but in the beginning I leveled quickly and it was fun.

Then I ran into juggernauts around 200-250 and started beefing up to compete. However, by then I was hooked and understood majority of the game.

Also certain areas of the game should be hidden from new players, unlock content as they progress. Unlock legendary bosses after defeating 100 bosses, unlock silver jobs after completing 500 jobs. Gold after completing 1000.

Things like that. Everything being dumped on you at once is overwhelming.

I think a respec at 80 would be appropriate. Only thing I honestly have wished it was different over 4 years.

they should bring back the Facebook login and Facebook bragging posts and the free crate roll if you got 5 friends to join and stay, thats how I found this game when it first launched, it was me accidentally clicking on the Facebook post which redirected me to the app store to download it and as I'm into these types of games I thought "why not" and tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_teflon View Post
    they should bring back the Facebook login and Facebook bragging posts and the free crate roll if you got 5 friends to join and stay, thats how I found this game when it first launched, it was me accidentally clicking on the Facebook post which redirected me to the app store to download it and as I'm into these types of games I thought "why not" and tried it.
    It's essentially free advertising. If I remember correctly, it was all fine until they introduced android, there was issues connecting Facebook so I think they scrapped it.

From what duke stated about the daily login, the code probably wasn't optimized well and the conversion over didn't work.

I think the biggest hurdle for new players is the super grind to be competitive at all.

Scrolling through the biggest toons and noticing they are missing lots of legendary gear or don't have level 4 and 5 chem packs. And aren't rocking multiple 9* epics.

Makes it hard for anyone starting to keep the grind going when you get to the point you only level once a week, if they even make it that far.

Lately the new devs have been doing a better job at rewarding activity, but it still needs more.

Heists are the easiest way to build crates. I've been really excited building 1 or 2 a week when lucky. It's still gonna take forever for high star LTs. But at least there is hope. I honestly would like it if every weekend was an EVE heist with the energy/stamina heists thrown in during the week. And also get rid of some of the RNG for shards earned from war. On a win guaranteed shard, on a loss 50/50.

Add in tech lab items for random drops like the alloy is. Also instead of just 1 for daily achievements make it 5-10, then some of us can start building these things.

And chem pack drop rates need a rework. Sometimes I go multiple bosses without one dropping. Since they've been released I've only made 1 level 2 chempack(probably cause I'm saving to put on epic LTs)

Other random suggestions. Add rare and epic shard to dice drops. Double xp weekends, or weeks. Half price crates. Half price refills. More fp for purchases.
    More promos.

And just to be clear, I'm not a free player. I usually spend 5-10 vips over the month. More when there is an event going on, so it's not like I'm asking for freebies.

Enforcer

One more thing to add... I feel xp : Stamina/ Energy ratio upto a certain should be high for new players...

just do double xp weekends or double job xp weekends every few weeks, those are fun, encourages people to log on more too.