Ghosts blindly hitting... is that intentional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NutzOfDeez
    Brawler
    • Dec 2016

Ghosts blindly hitting... is that intentional?

So....
    I'm curious if Ghosts are just supposed to be able to blindly hit into unopened buildings. We had our main defender doing his job in 8, and then a Ghost came out of nowhere and took out all of the defenders in the building behind him (7 technically since its on our side).

I think it's ridiculous that that is possible. If I am a level 2k Ghost, and everybody in the opposing empire is 1500 or less, then I will have no issue just blindly hitting 9, then have Reapers come in and burn it.

Am I going full potato and not understanding why this is possibly, or is it just a glitch that's being exploited?
  • CYBORGX
    Goon
    • May 2014

Re: Ghosts blindly hitting... is that intentional?

Snipers have always been able to shoot blindly and just like Reaper gets the ability too see in 9 (Assassin perk) Ghosts can hit blindly.
    This does however get blocked by lab super or shields on the building.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
      Brawler
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by CYBORGX View Post
      Snipers have always been able to shoot blindly and just like Reaper gets the ability too see in 9 (Assassin perk) Ghosts can hit blindly.
      This does however get blocked by lab super or shields on the building.
      So it's intentional that they can hit in any building they want? I just want to know if that's how it is because they are supposed to be able to do that, or if it's some sort of glitch.

I understand about Snipers, because they are able to upgrade a skill that makes them able to do this. Ghosts, however, have no such skill.
      That's why I'd imagine it's more of just a glitch, than an intentional part of gameplay.

Comment

• Static
        Consigliere
        • Feb 2013

Ghosts and snipers have always been able to hit blindly without needing any skill for it. Been like this since the beginning

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
          Brawler
          • Dec 2016

Okie dokie. Guess I just never noticed before, good to know I can add something else to my Ghost/Sniper arsenal

Comment

• tambunan
            Enforcer
            • Feb 2016

It was used to be worse, you can peek the "blind" target using fps EVE style.. There was info tab beside the "blind" target and sees its level, br, etc. therefore you can pick your target easily (dunno if it still can be done or not)

This was leading to "backdoor tactic" which was invented by (if i remember correctly) CM - so yeah its been always like that.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
              Brawler
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by tambunan View Post
              It was used to be worse, you can peek the "blind" target using fps EVE style.. There was info tab beside the "blind" target and sees its level, br, etc. therefore you can pick your target easily (dunno if it still can be done or not)

This was leading to "backdoor tactic" which was invented by (if i remember correctly) CM - so yeah its been always like that.
              Wow now I think I can say for sure that that would be considered a glitch being exploited.
              Today was really the first time I saw it done (that made enough difference to make me notice), and I looked in our hidden building and it was cleaned out.

You see those high level Reapers that might hit for 200 building damage a shot, so I wonder how many empires out there have used this as a tactic to win wars like this. Almost like you could have bunker superpower active, and have a few toons hit 9 and act as a research lab super, if they're powerful enough.

On a side note, I'm still quite new to UE, having started last summer, so I'm definitely learning more every day. Thanks for the teachings everybody

Comment

• alexian
                • Jun 2013

In the beginning of the game. Full on sniper power. Be sure to check the war timer also (the missing building was an HQ).
                48BE8B

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                  Brawler
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by alexian View Post
                  http://underworldempireforums.com//s...mate+back+door

In the beginning of the game. Full on sniper power. Be sure to check the war timer also (the missing building was an HQ).
                  Hahaha 48 hour backdoor sniper rush empire events. Thats priceless.
                  Oh how different things looked

Comment

Working...
                  X