• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bungboy
    Hitman
    • Aug 2013

Balanced trading marketplace for lieutenants

Did your empire mate roll an Alpha, and you rolled a Sgt. Remedy, but you want each other's LTs instead of the ones you just rolled? Did you miss the chance to buy the black market LT Fixer and cant seem to roll him from the Challenger crate, but some of your mates have spare copies?
    Or, did you roll Overkill on your level 100 account, but on your level 1000+ account you've been trying to roll Overkill for years and haven't been able get her? If only we could trade LTs and fix these kinds of annoying situations...

I believe if very carefully balanced, a lieutenant trading marketplace would be a fantastic update to UE without harming the game's economy or revenue. In this post I'll describe the ideal balanced trading system.

Rules for trading:
    1. There is a FP fee on all trades conducted to prevent abuse, as well as profit the developers. Trading should be a last resort, rather than the go-to option so that rolling crates isn't devalued in any way. If you want that certain rare LT but you've had bad luck, then you need to at least make the choice between continuing to roll crates, or finding someone to trade but both of you are willing to sacrifice a fee of 3 crate rolls worth of FP as well as give away a LT.

Common: 10 FP (each player pays 5 FP)
    Uncommon: 50 FP (each player pays 25 FP)
    Rare: 150 FP (each player pays 75 FP)
    Epic: 300 FP (each player pays 150 FP)

2. Each trade participant must pay 50% of the total fee.

3. After mutual agreement and when both players accept the trade, the FPs and LTs are deducted from both players accounts at the same time.

4. Only LTs of the SAME RARITY and SAME STAR RANK can be traded for each other.
    IE: A 1* epic can only be traded for another 1* epic.

5. Event LTs can ONLY be traded for other event LTs.
    IE: 1* Frank cannot be traded for 1* Hyena. But, 1* Frank can be traded for 1* Reaper.

EDIT: 6. You cannot trade for an LT which you already own a copy of.
    7. 1x Trading stick is required from both players to make a trade (received from promos or major events).

I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement but the players would be very pleased if this update were to come. We have been asking for a way to trade LTs for as long as we had been asking for stat transfers. Please devs, make this happen
    Last edited by Bungboy; 03-29-2017, 01:27 AM.
  • NutzOfDeez
    Brawler
    • Dec 2016

Re: Balanced trading marketplace for lieutenants

I think this would further separate the 2k+ players from the rest of the crowd, making it even more impossible to ever catch up strength wise.
    One thing that has always been a mainstay in this game is the difficulty of obtaining and starring LTs.

As high a level as you see in the top empires, at least the top toons don't have all 9* LTs. I think if this were implemented, you would start seeing many top tier toons with all 9 star epic lineups, because they traded fusion fodder for Overkill/Dragon Lord etc., which would make for an even more unbalanced EvE platform.

The top 10 empires don't need any other way to break away from the runners up IMO.

Comment

• Bungboy
      Hitman
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
      I think this would further separate the 2k+ players from the rest of the crowd, making it even more impossible to ever catch up strength wise.
      One thing that has always been a mainstay in this game is the difficulty of obtaining and starring LTs.

As high a level as you see in the top empires, at least the top toons don't have all 9* LTs. I think if this were implemented, you would start seeing many top tier toons with all 9 star epic lineups, because they traded fusion fodder for Overkill/Dragon Lord etc., which would make for an even more unbalanced EvE platform.

The top 10 empires don't need any other way to break away from the runners up IMO.
      Each person involved in the trade has to pay 150 FP AND give up a LT. First of all you have to find someone willing to sacrifice a LT and 150 FP and you have to do so yourself too. Rolling crates brings LTs into the game. Trading LTs wouldn't bring any LTs into the game and still has a high cost so I don't see how it makes it any easier for people to get 9* LTs (don't think I've ever even seen a 9* epic in my life anyway) when they could have spent their FP on rolling crates to get LTs that can be fused. If two people together have to spend 300 FP just to trade each other's LTs to one another, then that's 12 crate rolls thrown away which was about a ~60% chance at bringing an epic into the game.

Second of all if the cost for epics really isn't high enough it can be increased to 250 per person or something, or the FP cost could go up based on LT star rank. Or you could be restricted from trading for a certain LT if you already own that LT. Or you could be limited to 1 trade per week/month etc. People have been asking for this for years and I believe it can be balanced. I'm not claiming to have the perfect numbers already determined. I'm only giving examples. That's for the developers to decide.
      Last edited by Bungboy; 03-28-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• IVI 3nace
        Goon
        • Jul 2015

Babaju2 this would be bad deal. Could be wrong. My gut feeling this would be a mistake that would be costly to the game. Have u rolled for epics. Idk I seen spells where 20 crate rolls with no epics. I did roll a overkill one time. . I was screaming like the Cleveland Browns won the super bowl. THat overkill was over 100 crate rolls. Side note overkill should be a epic event lt. Definitely a top 10 lt in the game. Devs missed a opportunity there. I hope for u it happens.

Menace

Comment

• Bungboy
          Hitman
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by IVI 3nace View Post
          Babaju2 this would be bad deal. Could be wrong. My gut feeling this would be a mistake that would be costly to the game. Have u rolled for epics. Idk I seen spells where 20 crate rolls with no epics. I did roll a overkill one time. . I was screaming like the Cleveland Browns won the super bowl. THat overkill was over 100 crate rolls. Side note overkill should be a epic event lt. Definitely a top 10 lt in the game. Devs missed a opportunity there. I hope for u it happens.

Menace
          But why are you against this? Trading LTs wouldn't bring any new ones into the game because both players have to sacrifice a LT. Getting a good epic from trading doesn't automatically make your account good. You still have to star it up which costs thousands of dollars since the only ways to get epic LTs (other than 1 Sara every 6 months or so) are to roll crates or spend hard on major events, and that wouldn't be changing.
          Devs can also make trading have a cooldown or have an extra cost requirement (like the stats converter item) received from promo purchases. Also I do have Overkill.. it was only an example situation.
          Last edited by Bungboy; 03-29-2017, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• IVI 3nace
            Goon
            • Jul 2015

Example making multiple new accounts just to feed this venture. My thoughts is give us more opportunity on these epics. I'm not asking to hand it to us. But improve opportunity. If u roll crates u are guaranteed one epic for every x amount dollars u spend.
            Honestly getting a VIP and getting one epic as a example is a joke and disappointing in my opinion. If I spend 100$ in mobile strike or COC I will be able to move myself up a lot. Here u get one epic in many cases is just fodder or even if it's example a lt that worth keeping u need more epics to make it worthwhile to fuse it up. A 5 star epic I don't think is realistic unless u drop some big time money or are very lucky on crates.
            Unless u guys or gals know something I don't know.

Thanks
            Menace

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
              Brawler
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by IVI 3nace View Post
              Example making multiple new accounts just to feed this venture. My thoughts is give us more opportunity on these epics. I'm not asking to hand it to us. But improve opportunity. If u roll crates u are guaranteed one epic for every x amount dollars u spend.
              Honestly getting a VIP and getting one epic as a example is a joke and disappointing in my opinion. If I spend 100$ in mobile strike or COC I will be able to move myself up a lot. Here u get one epic in many cases is just fodder or even if it's example a lt that worth keeping u need more epics to make it worthwhile to fuse it up. A 5 star epic I don't think is realistic unless u drop some big time money or are very lucky on crates.
              Unless u guys or gals know something I don't know.

Thanks
              Menace
              That's what I was thinking. For example, I have 6 toons, each with their own sets of LTs. If this were implemented, I could pay to transfer all of the best ones to one main toon and OP him like crazy.

I read an old thread about when Overkill came out, where a guy was talking about how he dropped 2500 USD in the first weekend, buying crate rolls so he could star her up as much as possible.
              That's some serious money, and I think if they implemented anything like this, the top players would do what I mentioned with their own minis/friends so they could start starring up a lot easier, regardless of the cost.

The cooldown period you mentioned might be a lot more viable an option. Maybe like 1 transaction or so a month, or like you said, make something in the tech lab that you need to use in order to trade.

I'm not disagreeing with this, as I would also find it very useful. But they would have to be EXTREMELY careful with this.

Comment

• Irish
                Brawler
                • Apr 2016

Yep, pretty much every game ive played where you can trade turns out bad. Keep it the way it is in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X