• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moneyball
    Thug
    • Oct 2013

Re: Something to know about Boss Heist - Jewelry Chasing [Duke]

Originally posted by Immortal1 View Post
    So people who completed it in the first hour only needed to use a couple refills but everyone else had to use several refills or give up. Just a bit unfair.
    Wow this makes me feel even worse...so not all are created equal or treated fairly. If they realized it was a glitch the least they could do was leave it for the duration of the initial (zero) wave and fix it for the remaining waves. That way all the people that spent the big money to complete fast (and with highest damage mitigation) got treated fairly. Basically because it took a couple more minutes than other people to get there some people used 30 refills versus others that used 3 on the same boss post glitch fix...classic!

Comment

• tha dude
      Lieutenant
      • Feb 2014

Devs put out a cash grab feature, game gets pissed off, devs disappear.

At least things are back to normal, lol.

Comment

• Simplyawsomex
        Brawler
        • Aug 2013

loving these free mini events, that's at least 1/3 of a epic and 1 rare lt obtained in the past two months on my toons free of charge, very positive experience.

The stam and energy scaling should be capped at a certain point, spending over 150 energy per tap for 1 rare shard in the job heist is nowhere as rewarding as spending the energy on dice jobs, not much of an event if doing the event is less rewarding than doing regular jobs/bosses.
        Insignia Upgrade Chances
        -Under Construction-
        Chances of upgrading to : (Success/Attempts)
        Level 2: 100% (26/26)
        Level 3: 100% (26/26)
        Level 4: 96% (25/26)
        Level 5: 96% (25/26)
        Level 6: 81% (23/28)
        Level 7: 80% (23/27)
        Level 8: 74% (23/30)
        Level 9: 73% (19/26)
        Level 10: 69% (12/18)
        Level 11: 60% (12/21)
        Level 12: 38% (12/34)
        Level 13: 39% (12/27)
        Level 14: 35% (12/36)
        Level 15: 29% (12/36)

Comment

• Mist
          Retired Game Guru
          • Jan 2013

I love the concept of heists. Love the stuff devs are doing. But I believe personally:-
          1) heists are too expensive for any spender. Minimum a VIP worth every heist for a couple of shards which in case of pvp heist you might not even get. If it's going to cost so much for so little reward per heist it beats the whole purpose of fun event.
          2) the boss and job heists specially seem to be punishing loyal long term players with this faulty concept of "scaling for equality to all players". Why am I being made to compete against a fresh player on some scaling basis after spending close to 4-5 years building my toon???

Personally I will opt of of these heists and save my money for main events. These mini events are not worth the "rewards".
          I used sniper class with saved 25 stam refills and 400fp along with 10 lvlups. I have a pretty good piercing dmg load out for boss hunting with close to 1250 stamina and combined attack power(from base stats) of 7k I have yet to kill last boss because I just gave up.
          If I had taken that money, spent on any one heist, to go roll a couple of crates/ scratchers and do a couple of dice jobs that would have actually been better than the rewards from all heists combined.

Hopefully devs read all the feedback and improve the future events. This current method is cruel for vet players and spenders. And if you are a free player you will be lucky to ever complete an epic crate if at all before you decide to just quit. Imo. Cheers. ��
          Last edited by Mist; 03-23-2017, 06:07 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• p@go
            Brawler
            • Jun 2016

Cmon, I accept that u want to be treated more fair then this heist does. But I don't think it would be the right way to "punish" beginners. We need more fresh blood in game and it would be wrong to make beginners feel how week they are every heist/week. I still feel this way every big event although I play game for more then 2 years now.

But for sure: a correction is needed. cause no one should need a VIP package to get done a heist at 100%.

Comment

• Squiffle
              Lieutenant
              • Dec 2012

UWE_Duke wrote:
              Max rewards you can receive are: 10 Epic Shards, 7 Mysterious Tokens and 42 Rare Shards.
              Just to be clear, you can actually also get one Shadow Diamond, correct ?

Comment

• DFish
                Brawler
                • Mar 2015

My only complaint with the event is the class placement of the bosses. I have toons of every class and all are on at least stage 4, except my assassin. I just started 3 on that toon, AND it cost refills to get there. Next time don't put all enforcers in the first 3 tiers.

Comment

• DeviL337
                  Goon
                  • Jan 2013

free event so can't complain.. but i dont get why these heists punish lsi's. lsi's are made to have advantages in events and level up fast while bsi advantages are in pvp.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                    Head Boss
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by DeviL337 View Post
                    free event so can't complain.. but i dont get why these heists punish lsi's. lsi's are made to have advantages in events and level up fast while bsi advantages are in pvp.
                    All events are technically free none of them have a price to enter.

With that being said they seriously need to release some premium game content that takes a few days to complete and resides in the 10-20$ range. Asking players to drop 100+$ every 2-3 weeks is insane.

Comment

• Bungboy
                      Hitman
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post

With that being said they seriously need to release some premium game content that takes a few days to complete and resides in the 10-20$ range. Asking players to drop 100+$ every 2-3 weeks is insane.
                      It's free to enter but they're saying "if you spend and try hard, you can get the best rewards." If they're gonna make it cost $100 for the "best" rewards, then the boss should have dropped a full epic crate and 2 full rare crates (at the very least! Even those rewards wouldn't be that good honestly). That's how bad the rewards are currently. No one spends $100 on a phone game and is happy about getting virtually nothing. 10 "pieces" of a LT but you can't use it at all unless you have 30. Great now spend $100 two more times and you can finally get your "prize" which is 85% of the time gonna be some garbage epic fusion fodder.
                      Last edited by Bungboy; 03-24-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• tambunan
                        Enforcer
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post

Completely agree on this one, i have been very supportive to all heist event - i try to understand that all heist got its benefit and its downside. But this one really expensive.. While job and pvp heist cost me roughly 20-30 bucks per toons, the boss heist cost me 40++. (I stopped at my second 20 packs.) and probably will cost me even more had i choose to keep participating.

Just be considerate when you guys are packing new content.. 100++ per 2 weeks per toons was pretty expensive for most of the player base.

Edit:
                        On a side note i have leveled up way faster than i should be months ago, i don't know whether to call this positive or negative lol
                        Last edited by tambunan; 03-24-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Moneyball
                          Thug
                          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
                          It's free to enter but they're saying "if you spend and try hard, you can get the best rewards." If they're gonna make it cost $100 for the "best" rewards, then the boss should have dropped a full epic crate and 2 full rare crates (at the very least! Even those rewards wouldn't be that good honestly). That's how bad the rewards are currently. No one spends $100 on a phone game and is happy about getting virtually nothing. 10 "pieces" of a LT but you can't use it at all unless you have 30. Great now spend $100 two more times and you can finally get your "prize" which is 85% of the time gonna be some garbage epic fusion fodder.
                          lol Babaju, I agree with what you are saying. I am kicking myself for blowing $100 on a VIP to complete the event for enough shards to finish off an epic crate (because I had 15 from the last event with Reaper). I got another "common" epic Lt and a rare (El toro) which is free in dice rolls. If I had spent that $100 on dice rolls in Mexico I probably could have gotten several El Toro's instead of just one...plus a few other lt's to boot.

If I had spent the $100 on 30x crate rolls I probably would have ended up with at least one if not multiple "common" epic lt's plus a couple dozen other lt's to fuse.

Given how hard the epic crate is to obtain, the cost to gather the shards, shouldn't it be limited to event lt's or basically a super crate roll to make it worth my while. I would have been happier rolling for an event Lt after the last $100 (on top of the other money I spent obtaining the first 20 shards) if I received an event Lt (except exterminator ;-), and yes people will complain about that as well but at least it is a better reward).

So a fix I suggest, change the epic crate to a super crate and offer up the event Lt's. That would at least provide some reward.

Comment

• Cthulu
                            Retired Game Guru
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by socool View Post
                            In my point of view, this event is a big step of coding and I see a lot of potential from it. Remember guys, this is the first boss heist, anything can be fixed in the future, just like the job heist.
                            This is an important point to give us all hope for the future

I liked the option for powering through giving better rewards, I felt like that was a great chance for bigger accounts to flex a little and get more. The shielding wouldn't have been as big of an issue without the stamina=damage formula in place. Having both was the fly in the ointment.

I agree that there is a big difference between player and developer perceived value for heist rewards. The boss heist was the equivalent of a couple mini-events for a quick finish in cost and rewards. It was still possible to take the event one stage-level at a time for a discounted rate or regular heist amounts. The problem is an inherent disagreement in the overall value/cost which has been expressed better by other posters. Bring on the negotiators!

I really, really liked the 100% completion award of the diamond. It's the first time we've had an incentive to completely finish the whole mini-event. We can argue about its utility all we want but wasn't it nice to have? I'd love to see this in all the future mini-events.

And there's an alternative to leveling the playing field. Instead of dragging folks down, let's just lift some up. Give new accounts a boost in mini-events. Have it dependent on the age of the account not level: the newest accounts get the biggest boosts with a decreasing effect as they age. We want new players to have a ton of fun and stick around but we want them to pursue the excellence of older and larger accounts instead of seeing a situation where build doesn't matter.

tl;dr More depth to heists is good, costs/rewards need reassessment, 100% completion awards are awesome, boosts are better than handicaps
                            Come join us
                            on the official
                            Underworld Empire Discord Server
                            https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• aNYth1ng
                              Goon
                              • May 2015

What does Shadow Diamond do?

Comment

• Mist
                                Retired Game Guru
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by aNYth1ng View Post
                                What does Shadow Diamond do?
                                Increases attack for Siri by 10%.

Also for next heist option it would be nice if we could have something for only empires can kill. Like eve heists but for boss. Each empire has a boss based on their power index and they kill it within given Time as an empire. With dmg thresholds needed to get rewards to discourage players from just using minimum stamina and running off.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X