• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UWE_Duke
    Developer
    • Jul 2016

Something to know about Boss Heist - Jewelry Chasing [Duke]

Dear Players,

Tomorrow 12:00pm PDT the first boss heist will start. While you may already know about this from other threads or Facebook, I still want to point out something I think important before the event starts, please do not hesitate to share the info.

First, I want to be honest. This is the first boss heist and the there are a lot of code changes for it. We have tested it many times but it is possible that there are still some outstanding problems. I will be there to fix it when the event starts, if there is any. And if some serious system failure happens, I may need to take more actions to maintain the server, including taking the game down for a while. Nobody wants this but it's better that I say it here now than give you surprises tomorrow.

Second, about the boss heist itself. I have a list of small details you may want to know:
    1) When boss heist is active, clicking on the banner will summon the boss for you. You will find the boss in the boss list. And this heist boss doesn't conflict with your on going normal boss, meaning you should be able to summon it while you are having an on going boss. If this doesn't work for you, please report.
    2) For players who want the best rewards, you need to start and finish the job heist within the first 8 hours, which is before 8:00pm PDT 03/21/2017. Every 8 hours, the boss stage increases by 1 and the overall rewards for each minion tier is a little bit weaker.
    3) If you join the boss say on 9:00pm PDT 03/21/2017, you are automatically in the second stage of the boss, meaning you are not going to get the best rewards (basically miss some shards and mysterious tokens), but your cost on the heist is also reduced. It's a fair deal.
    4) The boss disappears on 12:00pm PDT 03/24/2017 no matter when you summoned it, you get the rewards for completing the boss minion tiers, not collect at the end. If you kill the boss earlier than that, the boss disappears.
    5) There are 9 boss tiers and 9 (time) stages, if you hit the Nth boss tier on the Nth stage or later stages, you get minimal damage mitigation (10%) for hitting the boss and get the base rewards for the boss tier. If you are trying to spend the minimum amount to finish the heist, pace your self, kill 1 boss tier per stage (8 hours). If you try harder, there will be better rewards.
    6) You cannot call for help or share codes for this boss, they don't work. It's your own fight.
    7) The Heist Boss behavior is different from regular FPS bosses, each minion, depends on their classes and a hidden difficulty level, has different skill sets. Snipers/Assassin do more counter damage. Assassin can execute and cripple player. Heavy weapon/Enforcer has damage mitigation and splash damage mitigation. Etc.
    8) Base damage for the heist boss is fixed per stamina based on player's stamina count. Choosing which class doesn't matter. So this is different from normal FPS boss. For example if you hit a Assassin with Assassin and do 100 base dmg for 1 stamina, using sniper will do the same base damage.
    9) LT powers still work for this boss. Experience and gold return has nothing special. Alloy drop should be normal, class XP should be normal.
    10) For counter class logic, if you choose a class that counters the boss class, you do 150% damage, if the boss class counters your class, you do 67% damage. The FPS weapon skills are inherited from the regular FPS boss, meaning Sniper and Assassin can do 2x/3x crit damage, heavy weapons can splash 100% to the minions on the same tier. Enforcer is still not that great in term of this, but we have quite a few assassin minions so you can do more base damage on them.
    11) To help you choose the best class, I want to give you a hint about the boss structure, which is 1/2/1/1/2/1/2/1/1. Enforcer:Heavy:Assassin/Sniper = 5:2:3:2. You only have one chance to choose class for the event, think twice before doing it.

So much I want to say for now. Hope you enjoy it, if there is no problem.
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 08:46 PM.
  • NerV
    Thug
    • Oct 2013

Re: Something to know about Boss Heist - Jewelry Chasing [Duke]

Thank you Duke. Looking forward to this.

Comment

• panda
      Enforcer
      • May 2013

Great info to know, thanks duke.
      Only question I have regarding the time lines set in place, if you're required to shut the servers into maintenance or were forced with token failure errors, will the first 8 hour boss stage be pushed back so we can still garnish the rewards so we desire to finish it at the beginning of the event?

Inspiration:
      "Those who wait for the world to change, never see change in the world." - Sean B.
      "Drama will always exist in a society that feeds on it." - Sean B.
      "Healthcare is free, but we pay for water." - Sean B.

Lost for Words
      "In terms of Airmid, yes I harassed her, not illegally as I was very angry" - Blue
      "155 FP for 1 LT is insane... You can get 6 LTS for the same price from crates, at least 1-2 guaranteed epics." - Innocence

Comment

• Gusilala
        Goon
        • Nov 2013

Thanks for the info duke!
        One question, may just be my misinterpretation: let's say we kill the "minion" in the first 8h, can we start another boss heist boss or are we done for the duration?

Duke: Minion means one of the targets in the whole boss. You can't start another boss heist after finish.
        Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Cthulu
          Retired Game Guru
          • Dec 2014

Really appreciate the advice in advance
          Come join us
          on the official
          Underworld Empire Discord Server
          https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• UWE_Duke
            Developer
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Gusilala View Post
            Thanks for the info duke!
            One question, may just be my misinterpretation: let's say we kill the "minion" in the first 8h, can we start another boss heist boss or are we done for the duration?
            No, you can't.

Comment

I like this (i think), just wish we could restart new bosses if we complete the heist quickly to reward players who spend to kill bosses but all good.

Comment

• Mist
                Retired Game Guru
                • Jan 2013

Nice. Good stuff. Ty
                sigpic

Comment

• Wiأ§ķ
                  Lackey
                  • Mar 2017

What is the minimal rewards one can get?

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                    Brawler
                    • Dec 2016

Just a question about this: Do class upgrades matter?

For example, if I am HW and have upgraded that class, but I want to use sniper for the event, is it going to hurt me that I have no sniper upgrades?

Duke: doesn't matter
                    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Mercurial
                      Soldier
                      • Mar 2016

It's reasonably unclear as to the times progression.
                      It appears that there are 9 traditional boss stages and that these can all be completed in the first 8 hours for max reward.

1) if you miss the first 8 hour window, do you still start at stage 1 and can effectively catch up? I understand the rewards for this stage are reduced.
                      2) is it possible to leave all stages for the last 8 hour window?
                      3) if you are part way through a stage at the 8 hour cut off, does it reset or is your progress maintained?

Duke: There is no "catch up". If you start the boss late, you'll start directly from stage 2. The boss minions are the same, just weaker and rewards are correspondingly less.
                      Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• 93Tucker
                        Goon
                        • Mar 2016

My interpretation is even if you miss the first 8 hours and join the heist after you'll join at stage 2, as the heist goes on longer it gets easier but the rewards decreases. Each stage the difficulty decreases.

Duke: very true
                        Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• GQuest
                          Soldier
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
                          It's reasonably unclear as to the times progression.
                          It appears that there are 9 traditional boss stages and that these can all be completed in the first 8 hours for max reward.

1) if you miss the first 8 hour window, do you still start at stage 1 and can effectively catch up? I understand the rewards for this stage are reduced.
                          2) is it possible to leave all stages for the last 8 hour window?
                          3) if you are part way through a stage at the 8 hour cut off, does it reset or is your progress maintained?
                          Based on what I read, if you miss a 8hr block, like the first one, then you start on stage 2 so you have effectively lost the rewards from stage 1 that you would have received. I assume it progresses this way so if you wait to end, you may only get the final stage rewards

Comment

• OneHoop
                            Brawler
                            • Oct 2014

For events that use stamina it would be great to get more advance warning in-game so we can finish up big bosses and don't have them flee while the community is focused on the event. I'm sure a lot of people would really appreciate it!

Comment

• OneHoop
                              Brawler
                              • Oct 2014

Is damage based on player attack power?
                              Are boss health/strength based on player level?

Duke: No. for base damage, it's totally fair for everybody. Boss health is determined by player's stamina. Boss damage mitigation is determined by stage.
                              Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-21-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X