Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: EvE Building Superpower Updates

  1. #1

    EvE Building Superpower Updates

    To promote game balance, we did some updates for the superpowers:

    - HQ: In addition to whatever power it had before, we have added 30% splash damage mitigation to it. So all players in the empire that has HQ superpower activated will receive 30% less splash damage. This splash damage mitigation only works for players, not buildings.

    - Nuclear Silo:
    1. Previously, it does 30% Max Building Health cripple on target building and 15% on splashed buildings, now it does 30% of Max Building Health + Remaining Shield amount as building damage to the main target, and 15% on splashed targets.
    2. Previously, plague caused by Nuke was weak version (1% player health per hit), now, the plague is upgraded to normal version (2% player health per hit).


    The descriptions are updated in the info popup (click on the info button on the side of super power charge bar).

    By the way, in case you don't know, inside that popup, we added super power contribution list, so officers can keep track of who contributed to the superpowers.

  2. #2

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Just out of curiosity you guys wouldn't have any info on what powers are the most popular would ya?

    All I see in upper legend is Bunkers or Lab. Occasionally armory

  3. #3

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    Just out of curiosity you guys wouldn't have any info on what powers are the most popular would ya?

    All I see in upper legend is Bunkers or Lab. Occasionally armory
    That's why we updated the not so popular ones.

  4. #4

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    hey duke .
    regarding nuke's super power .
    why was the + remaining shield amount part added . it makes no sense , unless now if a building is shielded for 2k and building has 5k health u can take the building down if ur nuke has 7.1k damage at main target??, before it would only clear the shield if the building had even 1 armor shield left.
    and about plague does it have the secondary effects that come from disable?

  5. #5

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9292 View Post
    hey duke .
    regarding nuke's super power .
    why was the + remaining shield amount part added . it makes no sense , unless now if a building is shielded for 2k and building has 5k health u can take the building down if ur nuke has 7.1k damage at main target??, before it would only clear the shield if the building had even 1 armor shield left.
    and about plague does it have the secondary effects that come from disable?
    Maybe the power now does both building damage + shield damage if building still has shield ...

  6. #6

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    When looking at the contributors, I see it says a number under each characters name, then a number all the way to the right.
    I got the number underneath the name is your level, but what is the far right number?

  7. #7

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
    I got the number underneath the name is your level, but what is the far right number?
    The alternative number

  8. #8

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Great updates, but will you do something about secret jobs? It's been ages since we had an update for it

  9. #9

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    I would like to know this, at 30% of a silo thats 5k with a 15k shield would be 20k, 30% of that is 6k, so 6k to main target and 3k splash, does nuke need to be charged fully or is this what u get at start if u launched early ? Plz clarify this ue_duke

  10. #10

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Maybe I am reading this wrong or just interpreting wrong so I would like some clarification. Say the building had a 15k shield and demo reduced the shield to 10k would the nuke take the 10k shield and then deal 30% damage to the building or is there a limit to how much shield the nuke would remove? Also is the 15% splash damage to other buildings based on the amount of damage dealt to target building or is it 15% of splashed buildings total building health? And last but not least, you say 'targeted building' but at present we don't know exactly which building the nuke will hit until it actually hits so in future will there be an update that would allow us to choose which building is designated as the 'targeted building'? I only ask the last question because at present without knowing which is the 'targeted building' then demo would still need to clear all shields to maximise the splash damage from the nuke as actual building damage rather than having shields absorb all the splash damage.

  11. #11

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by fbc765 View Post
    I would like to know this, at 30% of a silo thats 5k with a 15k shield would be 20k, 30% of that is 6k, so 6k to main target and 3k splash, does nuke need to be charged fully or is this what u get at start if u launched early ? Plz clarify this ue_duke
    You are right about the main building damage, but the splash isn't calculated like that. Splashed building damage will be calculated based on itself's max health+shield. So if this is a warehouse with 5000 shields, it will be (1000+5000) * 15% = 900 damage if it is splashed on.

  12. #12

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by uwe_duke View Post
    you are right about the main building damage, but the splash isn't calculated like that. Splashed building damage will be calculated based on itself's max health+shield. So if this is a warehouse with 5000 shields, it will be (1000+5000) * 15% = 900 damage if it is splashed on.
    ty, and thats at a 0-1% charge i assume ? So this is a early in war nuke launch i assume ? Am i wrong ?

  13. #13

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by fbc765 View Post
    ty, and thats at a 0-1% charge i assume ? So this is a early in war nuke launch i assume ? Am i wrong ?
    reason why is why would u wanna plague and napalm guys with 10-15 min left ?

  14. #14

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Yeah, I still don't see our empire using either HQ or Silo even with the changes.

    Lab or Bunkers it is.

  15. #15

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Wish I could find the contributor bar

  16. #16

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Extinction View Post
    Yeah, I still don't see our empire using either HQ or Silo even with the changes.

    Lab or Bunkers it is.
    Exactly.

  17. #17

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    I mostly see labs being used which is annoying as the other team always has it too, so both teams mostly cannot see the other teams buildings and by the time you get to their lab to destroy it its not worth it no more, bunkers I see them less but I still cannot see those new updates making any differences to what people choose as the strategic importance of being able to attack empires who are heavily shielded at the front at the back will always win over something like a nuke or hq power.

  18. #18

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Seeing other empires using this or that doesn't make it optimal. I don't want to elaborate on how each building power should be used, it just takes some imagination and calculation to make the best use of it. 90% of the cases you lose the war is not because of you chose the wrong super.

    Great builds/strategies are always found/started by a few people/empires and become popular. Nothing wrong to be a follower, but I guess it's more fun to try new things. Trying new supers, even lose some wars, doesn't cost you a dime.

  19. #19

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    Seeing other empires using this or that doesn't make it optimal. I don't want to elaborate on how each building power should be used, it just takes some imagination and calculation to make the best use of it. 90% of the cases you lose the war is not because of you chose the wrong super.

    Great builds/strategies are always found/started by a few people/empires and become popular. Nothing wrong to be a follower, but I guess it's more fun to try new things. Trying new supers, even lose some wars, doesn't cost you a dime.
    yes i like all other super powers more then labs but i end using labs one to counter the enemy that has it ..no one likes to be hit on all directions .
    so like this everyone ends up using either labs or bunkers

  20. #20

    Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
    When looking at the contributors, I see it says a number under each characters name, then a number all the way to the right.
    I got the number underneath the name is your level, but what is the far right number?
    I imagine most of us have figured it out now, but I was confused at first too. The far right number lists how many daily achievements you have completed, charging the power, since the last time you used any building super power, i.e. starting from 0% charge, resetting once charge is 100%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •