• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xcali1985
    Head Boss
    • Jun 2013

Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

Originally posted by Extinction View Post
    Yeah, I still don't see our empire using either HQ or Silo even with the changes.

Lab or Bunkers it is.
    Exactly.

Comment

• mr_teflon
      Lieutenant
      • May 2014

I mostly see labs being used which is annoying as the other team always has it too, so both teams mostly cannot see the other teams buildings and by the time you get to their lab to destroy it its not worth it no more, bunkers I see them less but I still cannot see those new updates making any differences to what people choose as the strategic importance of being able to attack empires who are heavily shielded at the front at the back will always win over something like a nuke or hq power.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
        Developer
        • Jul 2016

Seeing other empires using this or that doesn't make it optimal. I don't want to elaborate on how each building power should be used, it just takes some imagination and calculation to make the best use of it. 90% of the cases you lose the war is not because of you chose the wrong super.

Great builds/strategies are always found/started by a few people/empires and become popular. Nothing wrong to be a follower, but I guess it's more fun to try new things. Trying new supers, even lose some wars, doesn't cost you a dime.

Comment

• Reaper9292
          Banned
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
          Seeing other empires using this or that doesn't make it optimal. I don't want to elaborate on how each building power should be used, it just takes some imagination and calculation to make the best use of it. 90% of the cases you lose the war is not because of you chose the wrong super.

Great builds/strategies are always found/started by a few people/empires and become popular. Nothing wrong to be a follower, but I guess it's more fun to try new things. Trying new supers, even lose some wars, doesn't cost you a dime.
          yes i like all other super powers more then labs but i end using labs one to counter the enemy that has it ..no one likes to be hit on all directions .
          so like this everyone ends up using either labs or bunkers

Comment

• Andy_CO
            Goon
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
            When looking at the contributors, I see it says a number under each characters name, then a number all the way to the right.
            I got the number underneath the name is your level, but what is the far right number?
            I imagine most of us have figured it out now, but I was confused at first too. The far right number lists how many daily achievements you have completed, charging the power, since the last time you used any building super power, i.e. starting from 0% charge, resetting once charge is 100%.

Comment

• Irish
              Brawler
              • Apr 2016

Oh man i read this wrong lol. The part where it says "remaining shield" i thought it meant whatever the shield was, as in the whole shield that remained. And then targeted made me think it would be aimable. I was thinking that people would be using this power now especially against those teams that have those 15k shields. But nope. Lol

Comment

• DFish
                Brawler
                • Mar 2015

Hey Duke, does the nuke need to be charged to a certain point, or could we launch it in the first 10 mins and get all the damage effects?

Duke: You get the super power effect when it drops successfully, has nothing to do with charging time. The regular Nuke effect is related to the charging time.
                Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-24-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Mobile Mob
                  Lieutenant
                  • May 2016

What super power does the small empire use?
                  We don't have bunkers or lab. We make turns using hospital and armory. Armory is next can't wait.
                  We used HQ only one's. It takes us almost a week to charge our super powers.
                  We have been charging for 4 days and only 58% complete at time of writing.
                  IF Gaea and devs give level 1-150 more options to do daily achievements and charge super powers we can experiment more.
                  Agent Sara has contributed the most +120 then mobile mobster +20
                  All the other contributors are +6 and less.

Duke: I think armory/nuke/hospital/sniper tower should be pretty good for small empires. I was a big fan of letting Sara charge super faster for you guys, but it was tuned down before the release. If you appeal this harder maybe it can be revisited.
                  Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-24-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Missy
                    Thug
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by DFish View Post
                    Hey Duke, does the nuke need to be charged to a certain point, or could we launch it in the first 10 mins and get all the damage effects?
                    Damage percent is what's being counted, that right? The later the launch (after priming), the greater the damage...of some theoretical maximum damage...???

(So, "No, later is better.)

Comment

• alpha6776
                      Goon
                      • Nov 2015

After playing with and against HQ Superpower for a week or so, I can tell you it is totally overpowered especially when warring against empires with lots of strong titans with lots of health and lts on defenders like Six, Nuts, Strafe and Surgeon. The damage cap / mitigation (when coupled with the aforementioned lieutenants cloned by Vice) essentially neutralizes big hitters like me and creates a huge game imbalance.

I would recommend that devs update another superpower like Sniper tower that ignores the HQ Superpower and allows hits above the cap / ignores the damage mitigation to maintain parity. Otherwise there is no incentive for empires to build any classes other than healthy titans.

Comment

• MARKASS
                        Lackey
                        • Feb 2017

Mean while on UE Of our lives LS is allso currently running hq super with the 2 biggest titans in game
                        I agree with the big bully Sniper, this super is horrible for teams that rely on a single player to win a war, brings out way to much team work ! Good job on this SuPer UE !!!!
                        ❤️MARKUS

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                          Developer
                          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                          After playing with and against HQ Superpower for a week or so, I can tell you it is totally overpowered especially when warring against empires with lots of strong titans with lots of health and lts on defenders like Six, Nuts, Strafe and Surgeon. The damage cap / mitigation (when coupled with the aforementioned lieutenants cloned by Vice) essentially neutralizes big hitters like me and creates a huge game imbalance.

I would recommend that devs update another superpower like Sniper tower that ignores the HQ Superpower and allows hits above the cap / ignores the damage mitigation to maintain parity. Otherwise there is no incentive for empires to build any classes other than healthy titans.
                          Buffing Sniper Tower will be considered as it's not used much by empires.

I'm aware of what you meant by "big titans". That's more like they choose to stay together. I can imagine how they became problematic for you to handle when they are running HQ super.

Something will be done to counter the big accounts staying together. We won't force any empire to disband, but it's not healthy for game balance if someone can win just by stacking big accounts in an empire. Inactive players will also be weakened in EvE. It just has to happen.

Comment

• Allwyn
                            Hitman
                            • Dec 2016

Sara's help is been revoked ????

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                              Developer
                              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Allwyn View Post
                              Sara's help is been revoked ????
                              Don't think so. You noticed any difference?

Comment

• Allwyn
                                Hitman
                                • Dec 2016

Don't think so. You noticed any difference?
                                Need to wait and watch... 2 hrs remaining for the 24hrs mark where Sara helps... will get back

Comment

Working...
                                X