• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allwyn
    Hitman
    • Dec 2016

Re: EvE Building Superpower Updates

Since we are on the subject. I have noticed the different colors on the contribution list any clue what are those?

Comment

• Phire
      Lackey
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
      Buffing Sniper Tower will be considered as it's not used much by empires.

I'm aware of what you meant by "big titans". That's more like they choose to stay together. I can imagine how they became problematic for you to handle when they are running HQ super.

Something will be done to counter the big accounts staying together. We won't force any empire to disband, but it's not healthy for game balance if someone can win just by stacking big accounts in an empire. Inactive players will also be weakened in EvE. It just has to happen.
      Are you actually considering telling ppl which empires to join ? Or penalising them for playing with those they choose ? That sounds highly unreasonable. The sniper tower buff and the inactive nerf makes sense but deliberately trying to penalise ppl for spending money in a pay to win game surely goes against the business model ?

Comment

• Maverickâ„¢
        Lackey
        • May 2015

Hurting an empire for having big accounts is a joke imo... am honestly sick of people crying because 3/4 empires have bigger accounts. Let accounts be where they want to be without hurting what they and empire members have spent years of building.... inactive accounts I can understand but let's be honest removing them accounts still aren't going to help the people on here crying about inactive meetsheilds

Comment

• WhiteTunaD
          Lackey
          • Mar 2017

I'm aware of what you meant by "big titans". That's more like they choose to stay together. I can imagine how they became problematic for you to handle when they are running HQ super.

Something will be done to counter the big accounts staying together. We won't force any empire to disband, but it's not healthy for game balance if someone can win just by stacking big accounts in an empire. Inactive players will also be weakened in EvE. It just has to happen.
          Impressive, once again alpha tells UE to jump and they ask "how high"? Duke are you just thinking out loud or are the devs planning this? Define "inactive accounts"... red dot accounts? Not active during said EvE? Now UE wants to penalize big healthy Titans that spent countless $$$ on LTs and adding to not only defense but health as well. We have been told for years 90 member empires are coming but now you say one empire can't have big accounts. Let's face it, there are only 3 empires that have the toons to compete for #1, who are the devs to say where players can go? Sorry player, you spent way too much money in our game, you must go to chosen now!

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
            Brawler
            • Dec 2016

How about you guys let Duke somewhat explain what he means before jumping to conclusions, eh?
            He just said, and I quote "We won't force any empire to disband". Instead of jumping all over him, be patient and use a bit of respect.

Comment

• WhiteTunaD
              Lackey
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
              How about you guys let Duke somewhat explain what he means before jumping to conclusions, eh?
              He just said, and I quote "We won't force any empire to disband". Instead of jumping all over him, be patient and use a bit of respect.

I'd love to hear him explain. He said "something will be done to counter big accounts sticking together" ... Whatever happens with supers happens, every empire has equal opportunity to use whatever Super they like. Let The strategizing begin lol

Comment

• Check
                Goon
                • Sep 2014

Oh no don't nerf AF, already 5 of em crying here������

Comment

• alpha6776
                  Goon
                  • Nov 2015

Duke,

Thanks for the response and here are my thoughts to the extent you are interested.

I am glad to hear that Gaea will consider buffing an existing superpower to counter the huge buff that was given to HQ Superpower. While Markus (who commented above and who is in fact a good UE friend of mine) thinks the HQ buff is tops, one must also consider that Markus is one of AF's top healers and who utilizes a cloned Six to defend...the change I propose does not make his job easier but clearly that creates eve parity.

It is telling that LS, AF and DT all are using HQ Superpower at this point. It's totally OP and every one of those empires has a functional equivalent of one, two or three of me (including, without limitation - Freak, X, Trixie, Kieran, Freeman, etc. - if you're not on this list it doesn't mean to aren't an awesome sniper or ghost, I'm just rattling off the names that spring to mind).

If you don't use HQ super as things are configured the aforementioned empires run over healer in minutes in a tidal wave of tag, plague and overkill powershots as the opponent is forced to slog through 20k health Titan after Titan with dampened hits because of HQ Superpower used by the opponent.

My point is that if an empire decides to predominate the field with healthy titans and then use a superpower that magnifies that advantage, there should be an offset in a countervailing superpower. What I propose is like two empires using RL and it cancelling the power out for each of them. Parity will help prevent game imbalance and latent player apathy.

As to an eve penalty for inactive meatshields...not sure I like it as we have a few, but I understand the rationale. There will always be an ebb and flow in player activity so I would need to understand the proposed change to comment with any substantive remark.

With regard to who chooses to play where, I believe that the players have the right to play where they want and with whom. It is true however that the top 3-4 empires all have very high level toons and that tends to make it boring to eve over and over running the same route with the same effect.

It might make sense to have a game mechanic that maximizes effectivity of all classes within the empire if there is a blend of classes, levels, etc. Once again, I'd like to understand the proposed changes to comment further.

Finally, we at LS would love to see more empire upgrades as we have been maxed for months and getting dailies done to power our super is a pain as we cannot donate items or money to the empire. Let's unlock 90 players and faster token regen asap..additionally, I can't kill 10 players 50 levels higher than me...but that's an Alpha first world problem.

I'm sure this post will create a veritable storm of criticism, but hey, I argue for a living so let's get it on 👊🏽

Comment

• WhiteTunaD
                    Lackey
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Oh no don't nerf AF, already 5 of em crying here������
                    Who's crying?

Comment

• WhiteTunaD
                      Lackey
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                      Duke,

Thanks for the response and here are my thoughts to the extent you are interested.

I am glad to hear that Gaea will consider buffing an existing superpower to counter the huge buff that was given to HQ Superpower. While Markus (who commented above and who is in fact a good UE friend of mine) thinks the HQ buff is tops, one must also consider that Markus is one of AF's top healers and who utilizes a cloned Six to defend...the change I propose does not make his job easier but clearly that creates eve parity.

It is telling that LS, AF and DT all are using HQ Superpower at this point. It's totally OP and every one of those empires has a functional equivalent of one, two or three of me (including, without limitation - Freak, X, Trixie, Kieran, Freeman, etc. - if you're not on this list it doesn't mean to aren't an awesome sniper or ghost, I'm just rattling off the names that spring to mind).

If you don't use HQ super as things are configured the aforementioned empires run over healer in minutes in a tidal wave of tag, plague and overkill powershots as the opponent is forced to slog through 20k health Titan after Titan with dampened hits because of HQ Superpower used by the opponent.

My point is that if an empire decides to predominate the field with healthy titans and then use a superpower that magnifies that advantage, there should be an offset in a countervailing superpower. What I propose is like two empires using RL and it cancelling the power out for each of them. Parity will help prevent game imbalance and latent player apathy.

As to an eve penalty for inactive meatshields...not sure I like it as we have a few, but I understand the rationale. There will always be an ebb and flow in player activity so I would need to understand the proposed change to comment with any substantive remark.

With regard to who chooses to play where, I believe that the players have the right to play where they want and with whom. It is true however that the top 3-4 empires all have very high level toons and that tends to make it boring to eve over and over running the same route with the same effect.

It might make sense to have a game mechanic that maximizes effectivity of all classes within the empire if there is a blend of classes, levels, etc. Once again, I'd like to understand the proposed changes to comment further.

Finally, we at LS would love to see more empire upgrades as we have been maxed for months and getting dailies done to power our super is a pain as we cannot donate items or money to the empire. Let's unlock 90 players and faster token regen asap..additionally, I can't kill 10 players 50 levels higher than me...but that's an Alpha first world problem.

I'm sure this post will create a veritable storm of criticism, but hey, I argue for a living so let's get it on 👊🏽
                      Alpha first world problem 😂🙌

Comment

• Marc
                        Thug
                        • Mar 2013

I am not in top 4 empire so here are my 2 cents.

Besides top 4 and a few other empires Hq superpower is useless cause we lack titans. Simple!

The few times we face the top empires we wont get past front row (most of the times we are glad to make a point) , so whatever superpower they use doesnt make a single diff to me or the rest of UE. We lose anyway. Simple!

All players should be free to be in whatever empire they want and with whom. The reason the top empires have the high levels is because of their activity. But i really think that in the lower empires activity should be more rewarded. This needs more balance, but that would mean top empires have to except that some balance is needed to keep the lower empires playing. This is a tricky one, and o don't know how to balance this good, but i really think that activity should be more rewarded.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                          Brawler
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                          Duke,

I'm sure this post will create a veritable storm of criticism, but hey, I argue for a living so let's get it on ����
                          Oh how I would love to have that first world problem.

Comment

• Onur
                            Thug
                            • Jan 2016

I think you can revisit Reinforce skill of the titans. There should be a cap there. HQs have 12k health point and my time bomb hits 40 damage! It is impossible to pass them.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                              Brawler
                              • Dec 2016

I think if an update was made that dissolved empires with extremely low activity for a certain amount of time, as well as reward empires for their end of season boss/EvE ranks, then it would help balance out EvE quite a bit.

Right now, you have so many CC empires, with 1-5 or so active members.

Say you implement something that keeps track of each empire during battle, and an empire gets less than 6 actives per war for a month straight. I say automatically dissolve that empire.
                              I know people love their easy CCs, but to be completely honest, I think it's a ridiculous way to play the game. Cut that empire, and that will force the level 800 who plays by himself every war to join a competitive empire.

This whole game drives off of EvE, and right now, there isn't much incentive to want to be in high ranked empires, other than bragging rights.

Bottom line - cut inactive empires, add incentive for being higher tier and rank, and empires will start having more active wars, with higher chances to one day compete with high ranked empires (maybe not top 5, but you get the point).

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Allwyn
                                Hitman
                                • Dec 2016

one thing i had mentioned is make relegations.. the bottom 10 empires in bronze league should be dissolved... over some period of time it will automatically remove inactive players and empires.

Comment

Working...
                                X