• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fosspher
    Thug
    • Aug 2013

The option to opt out EVE's MVP system

In my empire we have the same guy getting the CC bonuses and he wished he could let someone else have em as he is already maxed out.
    I understand the system and it makes sense to reward those pulling the heaviest load.
    But when those guys has no use for the bonus and the rest of us do (a lot!) then there's room for improvement in my opinion.
    Do you (forum) have any suggestions to what can be done? And can you (Devs) tell me what you think of this suggestion
  • CYBORGX
    Goon
    • May 2014

Re: The option to opt out EVE's MVP system

Either that or restrict ist to one per player. You would then get the one where the difference to the 2nd is the largest if you would have gotten multiple.

Comment

• Fosspher
      Thug
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by CYBORGX View Post
      Either that or restrict ist to one per player. You would then get the one where the difference to the 2nd is the largest if you would have gotten multiple.
      That is also an option, but if neither of the top hitters wants the extra CC should they still get it?
      Our top players don't need the CC, neither the demos nor the attackers.

Comment

• Titto
        Lackey
        • Dec 2016

You have my vote!

Comment

• UWE_Duke
          Developer
          • Jul 2016

It feels like too much work for too little reward. If it is an easy war and your big guys want to share the board, don't hit that hard. It's not hard to do at all.

Comment

• Fosspher
            Thug
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
            It feels like too much work for too little reward. If it is an easy war and your big guys want to share the board, don't hit that hard. It's not hard to do at all.
            Excuse me, if it's an easy war of course we want to smash them as hard as possible getting as much points as possible. That's obvious to anyone actually playing the game
            ''Big guys, please stay out of this one. We want
            To get your MVP's'' how does that sound to you? Not very realistic and yea pretty hard to do
            Don't know what's too much work, but it doesn't sound too hard to make an 'opt out' button to me. But yes I can see why this isn't a 'top priority' thing. Still it's worth considering doing something as this issue will be more and more common as more people max out and don't need CC.
            Of course you can also just add more stuff to spend CC on but that wouldn't change the huge 'cc banks' they have build....
            Last edited by Fosspher; 03-19-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Allwyn
              Hitman
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Fosspher View Post
              Excuse me, if it's an easy war of course we want to smash them as hard as possible getting as much points as possible. That's obvious to anyone actually playing the game
              To get your MVP's'' how does that sound to you? Not very realistic and yea pretty hard to do
              Don't know what's too much work, but it doesn't sound too hard to make an 'opt out' button to me. But yes I can see why this isn't a 'top priority' thing. Still it's worth considering doing something as this issue will be more and more common as more people max out and don't need CC.
              Of course you can also just add more stuff to spend CC on but that wouldn't change the huge 'cc banks' they have build....
              you answered your own question... you need to work internally and ask the big guys to get points with minimal damage...

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                Developer
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Fosspher View Post
                It is common case to share MVP to others so they can complete daily achievements. Not sure if you are the "big guy" in your empire. I don't think they want to share the 5%-30% CC at all, in most cases.

If you suggest that we should drop more CC in general, I think that's a better case to think about. This change will cater so little people and cause more confusion on MVP leaderboard, which is already pretty bad in my opinion.

Comment

• SolidSnake
                  Lackey
                  • Mar 2015

If he's not absolutely crucial for victory, why not just have him "waste" tokens by hitting buildings (assuming he's not HW/Term), executing those under 200, failing executes, etc

Comment

• Fosspher
                    Thug
                    • Aug 2013

You have some good points.
                    Is the points received in EVE a ranking factor for the empires placement, or is it only the win?
                    If you get a better placement with more points then it wouldn't be an option to make the big guys 'waste' their tokens and not play super efficient. If not then I guess I'll rest my case lol
                    But yeah more CC and more abilities/stuff to use it on would of course be nice
                    Thank you for answering

Comment

Working...
                    X