• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phpcb9
    Goon
    • Jul 2014

Re: Crate Rolls

who is the independent third party program and/or company being used to ensure RNG credibility?

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
      Brawler
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by phpcb9 View Post
      who is the independent third party program and/or company being used to ensure RNG credibility?
      Lmao. Come on man, let's be real here. We all know that isn't happening

Comment

• Xcali1985
        Head Boss
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Malikar View Post
        I've tracked crate rolls from shards and events. Between all accounts, I've gotten 1 epic this year out of 51 rolls. I would have to get 2 epics in my next triple roll (which will never happen again as I'm done spending) to barely get ahead of the advertised 5% chance.

So one could claim that I haven't done enough rolls of 1 in 20 is expected. I would offer the fact that in those 51 rolls. I rolled the exact same common 3 times in a row TWICE. Literally the last triple roll was the exact same worthless common LT. Given 8 commons and 55% chance per common, there's about a 1 in 400 chance of doing that. The RNG gave me once a good epic and twice it gave me something horrible that is 20 times more unlikely to get.

This is twice I got a 1 in 400 chance during the same period I only once got a 1 in 20 chance.

Something needs to be done... once again in a mid level legend prime time war that has hardly any activity.
        That's because, and I doubt they will admit it, but there is a hidden percentage within each category.

55% common and within that 55% you have a 60% chance of getting Fang.

Everyone assumes that every LT is equal within the bracket, but I can tell you after 4 years of playing there is no way in hell they are.

10 rolls 2 weeks ago and got 4 backfires.

History has shown that the coding has flaws in it that Gaea has been committed to fixing. I would venture to say that something is off with the RNG coding, or it needs to clear cache between each command because it seems to get stuck at times.

I got 4 Kate's in a row on Westside once. This time it worked in my favor, but I just want it to work as advertised.

Please please look over the coding and especially how the RNG clears it's cache to keep it truly fair.

Comment

• Irish
          Brawler
          • Apr 2016

Ive gotten like 10 epics between my 5 accounts since the last event. My last two free crate rolls were both epics. It goes both ways. Luck of the irish maybe😀

Comment

Very nice.
            Originally posted by Irish View Post
            Ive gotten like 10 epics between my 5 accounts since the last event. My last two free crate rolls were both epics. It goes both ways. Luck of the irish maybe��
            RNG will always be unpredictable in UE.

Comment

• fbc765
              Enforcer
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
              very nice.

Rng will always be unpredictable in ue.
              not sure how they figure out the percentages though, true rng is just a random number generator, the key being "random" - not when they add those percentages im sure it throws rng off some for sure..... Im sure they can figure out something thats more accurate in drops hopefully, imagin all the lost players cause of the rng, make it a higher chance, game wont be avail for ever, make the money while the money is flowing. Thats what i would do as developer, give players more of a reason to spend, id they had better lts maybe we can keep the noobs easier w/o them losing intrest cause of all the common drops... Just my 2 cents

idea's on new revenue, monthly skins on black market for the seasoned players since ive seen people ask about that before, also mysterious tokens, sell em on blackmarket, same with more lts, give players a chance to choose a lt, not a op one, just one they can actually spend on and star up so they feel like they are with the big dogs. How about 10fp for 20 energy sp, or 10fp for 10 stam.. None for attack/health or defense though.. Lets see. Weapons, specialty ones should be on the market, make some new ones or use old ones

Comment

• KOFOLA
                Soldier
                • Jul 2014

Id like to see the old crates back the new ones just make spinning worse

Comment

• tambunan
                  Enforcer
                  • Feb 2016

Originally posted by KOFOLA View Post
                  Id like to see the old crates back the new ones just make spinning worse
                  I know how you feel, 5% of rolling epic - divide it by 8 to get any single Epic you wanted (assuming you do single roll).

Comment

• analytical
                    Street Boss
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
                    Haha I know how you feel. My Ghost has a Mastermind.

My level 200 Enforcer? Violence, Overkill and Dragon Lord. Won't complain as they are at least better than constant Lotus, but the celebration is bittersweet for sure.
                    At level 200, I'd think about changing classes.
                    Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• analytical
                      Street Boss
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Babaju2 View Post
                      Never spend on crate rolls. If you want LTs just farm Westside.
                      I make one exception to this general rule. If I have 47 FP, and I spend $5 for 33 more, I'll have 80 FP. Then I can roll a "3-ball."

3 LT's for $5 always feels like I'm at the clearance aisle.

I have a lot of toons and sometimes I don't buy FP right when I hit 47 Fp, I need the $ for other things. Yes, I even break my rule that breaks the other rule.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Emerson.

Oh, and I love the promo's with crates, when I have the money. The crates are free, because you only pay for FP.
                      Last edited by analytical; 05-13-2017, 06:49 PM. Reason: another example
                      Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• analytical
                        Street Boss
                        • Aug 2013

The promo gave me a chance to test the crate yields vs the expected %ages. I picked toons that had like 15-20 FP already, so that they could roll a 3-ball after the crate roll.

20 crates is a small sample size. I would have expected:
                        11 commons, 6 uncommons, 2 rares, and 1 epic.
                        I got:
                        13 commons, 5 uncommons, 0 rares, and 2 epics.

Not a statistically significant variation from the expected.

I could live a long time, never see Officer Mike again, and be happy.

When I evaluate crates, I assign values as follows:
                        Common 0.3
                        Uncommon 1.0
                        Rare 4.0
                        Epic 16.0
                        Based on those values and the expected %ages, 20 crates would yield an average value of 1.6, meaning that you'd get about 48 FP worth of LT from a 30 FP crate.
                        In my little experiment, I got 40.3 units, an average of 60 FP worth.
                        I spent 400 FP (5x 80FP ... a "3-ball"), and got 20 LT's.

I'd do it again. But here's what I've learned about crates. Small sample sizes can make you feel like you're getting all Officer Mikes. And large sample sizes? They can turn into a lot of fun-free tapping.

I have more fun in this game by taking what I've got and seeing what I can do with it. When I dwell on what I don't have, I hardly enjoy anything. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
                        Just a bit analytical.

Comment

Working...
                        X