• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobManyIP
    Lackey
    • Mar 2017

New Boss, Underboss & Officer Actions?

New Boss, Underboss and Officer actions!!
    I feel we are lacking in the area of allowing Bosses, Underbosses and Officers to finely tune their empires. I know it is important for players to have autonomy in regards to attacking targets - but I think we can find some middle ground here; additionally, I think there is some room for improvement on the empire action list. Some suggestions I would like to make and get your feedback on:

1. Mark the empire target (EVE) - Highlight the building that is to be opened and demolished. It will make it easier for late players and keep the empire focused during EvE. Players will still have their autonomy in the respect that the choice is ultimately theirs if they attack the marked building or not.

2. Silence player chat - There have many times where I have needed to silence an individual or the group as a whole to get the message across. This is two-fold - either I have an idiot player that is drunk and I don't want to kick from the empire or there is needless banter during war. Take your pick

3. Unfeature a "featured boss" fight - Nothing makes my day more than the level 200 who constantly puts up "4 Deadly Assassins" only to dump 30 stamina into it and rely on the other members to drop like a crazy person in order to finish it.

4. Reward or feature "Top Player" for donations, battle points and boss contributions. - I do this via the news page on the empire, but I think it would be nice to be able to have a "monthly parking spot" for members that have gone above and beyond to get some recognition. Possibly nothing more than another scrolling page that will identify the top players in the respective fields.

Okay, so there are four solid ideas that I think some feedback on would be great. I could be way off in left field or possibly this is something we can see in our next couple of updates. The Devs have been doing (I think) a great job responding to the community.

Thanks all,

-ManyIP'sBob
  • Cthulu
    Retired Game Guru
    • Dec 2014

Re: New Boss, Underboss & Officer Actions?

I absolutely love 1 and 3
    Come join us
    on the official
    Underworld Empire Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• Xcali1985
      Head Boss
      • Jun 2013

1 would be great.
      2 I would never be in an empire that silenced its members no matter the reason.
      3 is easy to do with current system. Get the officers to down vote it and up vote another boss.
      4 rewarding top donations would be nice.

Comment

• Vischietta
        Goon
        • Apr 2013

Some ideas like this would be amazing!!!...
        1 would certainly make it easier to organize the EvE effort.
        4 would be great also... as in, if a player reaches a certain donation cap for the week/month, they could be rewarded with crate shards; awarded by the empire leaders/officers.

There are certainly fantastic ideas that could help build empire camaraderie, and help maintain participation in the long run 😃
        sigpic

Comment

• jollyaudio
          Lackey
          • Aug 2014

Great ideas BobManyIP.
          1. awesome!
          2. I see the need, but it could be abused and make for a poor game experience. Especially for new players. Possibly a mute timer (30, 60, 120 minutes) or limit posts per hour?
          3. Could possibly be implemented with a down vote option in the empire bosses page.
          4. Rewarding top contributors (or contributors beyond a threshold or thresholds for tiered rewards) would greatly incentivize gameplay and potentially spending if the rewards were deemed worthy. Crate shards, refills, chempacks, or epic insignias seem like a possible starting point. Other reward options (not preferred, but better than nothing) could be common or uncommon crate rolls, CC's, Tech Lab parts, Class EXP.

Comment

• CHFIII
            Enforcer
            • Apr 2015

5. Electrocute players who are not following the call
            6. ...and players who hold tokens waiting for the big healer to die so they don't have to take losses then 'magically' just happen to come back when it's time to clear the basements

Comment

• Empress Lauren
              Goon
              • Feb 2013

Nice ideas, BobManyIP!

Love 1 & 3... especially 3!

#1) Yes!!

#2) Yes, but...
              • maybe a boss & underboss toggle on/off feature, as some empires may not want a silent chat mode...
              • and maybe just a 5 minute "empire chat silent mode - officers only - tough battle in progress - can msg an officer directly if needed" would show in chat when officer uses the silent chat mode

# 3) might not be practical... there would have to be a way to prevent the member from just re-adding the boss to empire boss list??

Alternative suggestion: "officer approval" of empire bosses:
              • could be toggled "on" or "off" by boss (& underboss?), depending on empire's preference
              • any officer could hit an "officer approve" button
              • would indicate (highlight) which bosses in the empire boss list have officer approval... if not highlighted, then members join at their own risk

Down-voting is just not sufficient.
              Why?
              Most members do not necessarily join the boss that has been voted up... it may not be a boss they are interested in fighting, or maybe there's not enough time for them to get enough dmg in (with their available stamina).

As an officer in the past, I've wanted the ability:
              1) to remove a boss that our empire's main boss fighters would not support, or
              2) to advise our players that a particular boss would not be supported by the empire (and may fail)... I've made such comments in the boss chat, but many ppl forget to look there.

#4) could take it or leave it... many just check the empire activity (running man)

Having been near the top, it's nice just when an officer contacts you directly and thanks you for your activity/contributions to the empire

However, a possible implementation: a top 3 or top 5 players auto-generated list could replace the (unnecessary, redundant) "featured boss" blurb on the empire home page...?

Could spur on activity/competition within the empire?

Perhaps a "30/20/10 FP or crate shards or scratchers" monthly reward from system to top 3 players of each empire in legend league... legend league, because wouldn't want players to move to dead bronze empires just to get rewards, haha

This is a game... about battles...
              EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
              by allies... by higher levels...
              even PvP'd directly from EvE....
              It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
              but all's fair in war!!

Comment

• Andy_CO
                Goon
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by CHFIII View Post
                5. Electrocute players who are not following the call
                6. ...and players who hold tokens waiting for the big healer to die so they don't have to take losses then 'magically' just happen to come back when it's time to clear the basements
                I second both of these! Although I'm not so sure about going straight to electrocution. Maybe just amputate an appendage like a finger or toe, and further violations turn into a hand or a foot.

Comment

• kosau
                  Goon
                  • Dec 2015

1. Mark the empire target (EVE) <--- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

This function reminded me the good old time @ World of Warcraft

Tank start marking the target
                  Tank: so I will tank triangle , Mage sheep X , Rogue sap skull . Clear?
                  Leeroy : LEEEEEEEROOOOOOYYY Jenkin! ** rush in and not following the mark
                  Team wiped

( wondering how many of you get this joke ...lol )

Comment

• DFish
                    Brawler
                    • Mar 2015

Re: New Boss, Underboss &amp; Officer Actions?

Love the idea of marking the target.

Chat ban less excited about.

I hate the little guys putting up big bosses they can't help with, but just vote them down.

An idea that might work would be have a place where the manager and UB can set the number of bosses allowed to be posted.

Comment

• Brett
                      Brawler
                      • Jan 2013

Employee of the month! LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

• Titto
                        Lackey
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BobManyIP View Post
                        New Boss, Underboss and Officer actions!!
                        I feel we are lacking in the area of allowing Bosses, Underbosses and Officers to finely tune their empires. I know it is important for players to have autonomy in regards to attacking targets - but I think we can find some middle ground here; additionally, I think there is some room for improvement on the empire action list. Some suggestions I would like to make and get your feedback on:

1. Mark the empire target (EVE) - Highlight the building that is to be opened and demolished. It will make it easier for late players and keep the empire focused during EvE. Players will still have their autonomy in the respect that the choice is ultimately theirs if they attack the marked building or not.

2. Silence player chat - There have many times where I have needed to silence an individual or the group as a whole to get the message across. This is two-fold - either I have an idiot player that is drunk and I don't want to kick from the empire or there is needless banter during war. Take your pick

3. Unfeature a "featured boss" fight - Nothing makes my day more than the level 200 who constantly puts up "4 Deadly Assassins" only to dump 30 stamina into it and rely on the other members to drop like a crazy person in order to finish it.

4. Reward or feature "Top Player" for donations, battle points and boss contributions. - I do this via the news page on the empire, but I think it would be nice to be able to have a "monthly parking spot" for members that have gone above and beyond to get some recognition. Possibly nothing more than another scrolling page that will identify the top players in the respective fields.

Okay, so there are four solid ideas that I think some feedback on would be great. I could be way off in left field or possibly this is something we can see in our next couple of updates. The Devs have been doing (I think) a great job responding to the community.

Thanks all,

-ManyIP'sBob

I really like 1 and 4. Maybe for 4 members can vote and whomever wins gets a % boost for some aspect of the game like CC from bosses and EvE.

Comment

Working...
                        X