Thread: Incinerate Efficacy

Incinerate Efficacy

Is the efficacy of the Incinerate super power impacted by a toon's health (i.e., if that toon is dead, the damage is half)?

What I'm getting at is, a toon can't use normal skills when dead. Why is a super power different (in before some SA says, "Because it's 'super'")?

Re: Incinerate Efficacy

It is different cause it is "super".
    A superpower isn't affected by status (dead or alive) or skills whatever (supress, stim, turtle and all of this stuff won't affect it).

Superpowers always do what the description says. Incinerate does 15% damage to target row. Always and ever

Yeah. Titan super powers are "super" useful when dead--can't be targeted (you're dead, who cares?) and a bunch of armor (you're dead, who cares?).

I'll put this out there as yet another example of how offensive classes have a marked edge over the defensive classes.

Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    I'll put this out there as yet another example of how offensive classes have a marked edge over the defensive classes.
    Sorry but that is the point of a Titan. U Need to stay alive, u are a defender. Why should I want offensive Superpower?! Wouldn't make any sense. And u can just look at it "the other way": The target of Superpower needs to be alive. As offensive player I get e.g. 15% damage on health but just if target is alive (15% of 0 is 0). And the target of titans power is the titan itself... and i wouldnt want that to function when dead.

That's illogical. I would instead suggest a revival super power. Something akin to impervious, but works when dead, resurrecting the target and making them immune to damage for 2 minutes. Basically a redux of impervious and similar to using a health pack.

Adrenaline Rush cannot be used while you are dead, either.

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    Adrenaline Rush cannot be used while you are dead, either.
    Same like Rally. Target Needs to be alive. Same with all offensive Supers: U cant use it on dead opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by p@go View Post
    Same like Rally.
    You're proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by NocRob View Post
    That's illogical. I would instead suggest a revival super power. Something akin to impervious, but works when dead, resurrecting the target and making them immune to damage for 2 minutes. Basically a redux of impervious and similar to using a health pack.
    So you want empires to have, lets say, 20 more health packs? I understand you are a defender and you want what is best for you, but I do not think this is reasonable. Then, I want reinforce to have a threshold (using health loadouts before EvE is just cheating) and time bombs to make 100+ damage!