• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ste
    Thug
    • Feb 2016

Re: Napalm and Sucker Punch redux

Personally I think you need to weigh up the odds and % chances and the odds and % chances are stacked against Titans and enforcers. A defender requires more assistance from team mates than attackers require assistance from defenders. But while this game is attack driven and driven to accommodate top 5-10 empires the rest of the community either lump it or play elsewhere.

Comment

• Ste
      Thug
      • Feb 2016

Fortunately the player base and devs ruined defenders strengths and abilities to hold attackers off.
      What happened was good strong builds would be in lower tier empires and higher tiers. Lower tiers would compain they couldn't get through whilst higher tiers said they needed more strength (powers) to get through. Which is why they over powered adrenaline rush, powershot and overkill , pitbull lts. Along with adding a super plague instead of poison and bury, incinerate making every class except enforcers have skills and powers and lts to stop defenders holding buildings all war etc.. sniper,terms, reaper, assassin ghosts all have ability to do 500/1000 plus damage to a Titan of hit , where as other than enforcer build Titans do not have the ability to counter than kind of damage back in 1 hit and thus making it easy to defeat defenders and creating a offence eve for everyone

So as it's all contributed to att skills and powers , Titans and enforcers get the raw deal and just have to suck it up or change class.

Comment

• Andy_CO
        Goon
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Ste View Post
        Fortunately the player base and devs ruined defenders strengths and abilities to hold attackers off.
        What happened was good strong builds would be in lower tier empires and higher tiers. Lower tiers would compain they couldn't get through whilst higher tiers said they needed more strength (powers) to get through. Which is why they over powered adrenaline rush, powershot and overkill , pitbull lts. Along with adding a super plague instead of poison and bury, incinerate making every class except enforcers have skills and powers and lts to stop defenders holding buildings all war etc.. sniper,terms, reaper, assassin ghosts all have ability to do 500/1000 plus damage to a Titan of hit , where as other than enforcer build Titans do not have the ability to counter than kind of damage back in 1 hit and thus making it easy to defeat defenders and creating a offence eve for everyone

So as it's all contributed to att skills and powers , Titans and enforcers get the raw deal and just have to suck it up or change class.
        I'm a maxed out level 3600 ghost, and this battle I've watched over 50% of my shots get nanosuited or deflected. Maybe just barely over 50%. This one titan, level 1600, has a 3* Strafe and I've watched him dodge/nano 4 and 5 shots in a row, multiple times. So tell me who's getting the raw deal here lol.

Comment

• Irish
          Brawler
          • Apr 2016

I see both sides. But really titans ability to half incoming damage has basically made it so that cripple is useless, which in my opinion is the best way to knock down high health enforcers. Then you can plague a titan but if he is big then you lose and it might take you 5 or more hits to get it to land. Then when you do get it to land the titan just sucker punches and removes it. Ive seen active titans absorb 100's of tokens. The skills a titan has are fine and it is probably the best skill set in the game along with ghosts. I dont think sucker punch needs to be revamped either as its already hard enough to kill them. If sucker punch goes up then plague, tag and suppress all need to go up. Ive lost matches where we have outnumbered the other team 3or 4 to 1 and still lost because titans become an insurmountable roadblock. Sometimes even if they arent active. That just seems stupid.

Comment

• fbc765
            Enforcer
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by uwe_duke View Post
            i think in this game dodge/nano/deflect is not equivalent to debuff resistance. If we made it so, they will become significantly stronger.

If you are so afraid of napalm/plague, consider adding resistance in following ways:
            - hospital super power, 20%
            - stimpack, 25% at level 3, 50% on self.
            - dobie, 2% - 10% resist to burn/napalm/poison/plague effect.
            - get stronger, that reduces many debuff apply chances by at least 50% including tag/plague. Napalm is not reduced i think because it a dot damage and not that lethal. You do want to remove it if it's going to last for a while on you.
            - get your teammate stim you. If you are relying on the sucker punch, i have to say you have a very bad inactive team. Eve is designed for 80 vs 80, not 1 vs 10 or 1 vs 80. Defenders will need help to hold the building.

P.s. Buffing sucker punch % or change the skill a bit can be considered. This will be discussed.
            uwe_duke, why does it say ghost tagg has 80% chance on win yet sometimes u can hit for 5 wins before a tag lands ? Its makes me not wanna use it no more......

Comment

• mr_teflon
              Lieutenant
              • May 2014

Originally posted by fbc765 View Post
              uwe_duke, why does it say ghost tagg has 80% chance on win yet sometimes u can hit for 5 wins before a tag lands ? Its makes me not wanna use it no more......
              I second this, there no way that has a 80 percent chance to land, I can go multiple times a war firing it and it can go multiple times before it lands, opponent not stimmed and no hospital superpower in play so what up, find it happens more against tier 2 classes.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                Developer
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
                I second this, there no way that has a 80 percent chance to land, I can go multiple times a war firing it and it can go multiple times before it lands, opponent not stimmed and no hospital superpower in play so what up, find it happens more against tier 2 classes.
                Stim also reduces that 80% by 25% or 50%. Losing also cut it by half. Please do the math.

Comment

• mr_teflon
                  Lieutenant
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                  Stim also reduces that 80% by 25% or 50%. Losing also cut it by half. Please do the math.
                  Yes understand the losing part, I wasn't very clear in my last post but I meant all on wins, I win most of my attacks in empire wars due to my level.

Comment

• NocRob
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2016

4m into eve. All tokens used to remove 2 debuffs. 11 tokens to remove 2 debuffs with sucker punch.

Please fix this. Please. Do something to help rebalance the scales between attack and defense.

Edit: I also will never understand why the Passive skill set of a defender class doesn't include the ability to dampen the chances of debuffs hitting.
                    Last edited by NocRob; 03-17-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Nath
                      Goon
                      • Aug 2014

At max damage and minimum life that Napalm will still take 40 minutes to kill you.... not my idea of 'overpowered.'

Comment

• NocRob
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2016

I'm referring to the ineffectiveness of Sucker Punch, which I thought was very clear from my post.

Comment

• Newwo
                          Thug
                          • Feb 2015

Yes, pls reduce sucker punch % to 10/20/30% ))) and if removing trap, it must detonate, because there's no way to escape detonating and certainly not by weird "punch". )

Comment

• Fezuke
                            Thug
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
                            I dunno man, it works totally fine on my end. I find the fact I can still tag someone when I get deflected is awesome for me, but stupid in practice. The only times it's hard to tag someone is when the opponent is tough. Only then will it take multiple shots to tag them. (In MY case, and I like it that way)
                            Last edited by Fezuke; 03-19-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X