• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NocRob
    Banned
    • Apr 2016

Napalm and Sucker Punch redux

So something happened in the most recent EvE that merits discussion. I was attacked (as tends to happen), and the following ensued:

1) The attacker used Napalm.
    2) The attacker lost.
    3) I negated the shot.
    4) I dodged the shot.
    5) Napalm still landed.

For lack of a better phrase, that is insufferably stupid. Endeavor to fix mechanics that belie common sense.

While you're at it, consider changing Sucker Punch. At level 3, it should either be 60% to remove ALL debuffs or 100% to remove a single debuff. 60% to remove one debuff is pretty weak when you're getting jack hammered by napalm (see above), plague, suppress, ghost tag, etc.

Something to consider and discuss.

Thanks
  • Savage1988
    Goon
    • Dec 2016

Re: Napalm and Sucker Punch redux

Originally posted by NocRob View Post
    So something happened in the most recent EvE that merits discussion. I was attacked (as tends to happen), and the following ensued:

1) The attacker used Napalm.
    2) The attacker lost.
    3) I negated the shot.
    4) I dodged the shot.
    5) Napalm still landed.

For lack of a better phrase, that is insufferably stupid. Endeavor to fix mechanics that belie common sense.

While you're at it, consider changing Sucker Punch. At level 3, it should either be 60% to remove ALL debuffs or 100% to remove a single debuff. 60% to remove one debuff is pretty weak when you're getting jack hammered by napalm (see above), plague, suppress, ghost tag, etc.

Something to consider and discuss.

Thanks
    Agree agree agree agree! Goodness I couldn't agree more with you. Well said! It won't happen, though. Everyone is too high on ghosts, reapers, and terminators.

Comment

• DFish
      Brawler
      • Mar 2015

As a Titan and Reaper, I see both sides. I would like something like 25/50/75% for sucker punch. 60% is low, but lvl 3 plague only has 50% chance on loss.

Napalm is overpowered in that only will miss if the person is stimmed, but that's very rare, much lower than the 20% to block. Honestly it seems like 5 to 10% at best.

Napalm should work like plague or ghost tag, it should have an RNG element.

Comment

• Onur
        Thug
        • Jan 2016

Napalm has rng when you are stimmed.

Napalm is there to have a kind of equivalent of the booby trap of heavy. If you heal when napalmed, you heal 10% less. (Time bombs are jokes. They are half effective against stim and heal. And their damage is a joke considering the unlimited reinforce of titans and the health loadouts. )

However, napalm is already way worse than the booby trap as it does not do anything when armor pack or stim is applied.

Making napalm worse should be out of question.

Comment

• NocRob
          Banned
          • Apr 2016

I'm not asking to make it worse. I'm asking for its mechanics to actually make sense. If you think that the above scenario accurately reflects something resembling logic, then you are either flat wrong or a middling terminator. Napalm is broken. I'm asking for it to be fixed.

Comment

• Irish
            Brawler
            • Apr 2016

Im not a term but it makes sense to me. He lost so it would have done half damage, you negated with nanosuit which basically gives you no damage and provides some shield, you dodged which makes it so you recieve no damage, his nepalm landed cause its a status effect and none of the above skills have anything to do with status effects.

Comment

• Allwyn
              Hitman
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by DFish View Post
              As a Titan and Reaper, I see both sides. I would like something like 25/50/75% for sucker punch. 60% is low, but lvl 3 plague only has 50% chance on loss.

Napalm is overpowered in that only will miss if the person is stimmed, but that's very rare, much lower than the 20% to block. Honestly it seems like 5 to 10% at best.

Napalm should work like plague or ghost tag, it should have an RNG element.
              couldnt agree with you more on this.. Napalm is OP ...lands even if you are 1000 levels above you...

Comment

• mr_teflon
                Lieutenant
                • May 2014

whats being discussed in this topic is not exclusive to napalm, this happens with all debuffs in the game and yes it dont make any sense, you can dodge anything but the debuff still lands, same with nano suit and other dodge skills and it also happens when a enforcer deflects the shot, they just need to make it so this all makes sense, if you dodge the hit then no debuff, if the shot gets reflected back by a deflect then the debuff should go to whoever fired the shot and there is nothing wrong with napalm so leave it alone.

Comment

• Sticks_CHAOS
                  Brawler
                  • Apr 2013

Nanosuit - I don't care if your nanosuit prevented any damage - It's NAPALM, it's sticky gelatinous substance that is on fire. While you didn't get any damage when I threw it at you, it is still burning and you are unfortunately on fire taking damage - verdict? Working as intended.

Dodge - You dodged..congrats. You didn't, however, run away buddy. You had to get back in that building I threw the sticky gelatinous napalm. I see you in that window protecting your building...in the room that is now on fire. While you didn't take any damage due to dodge, you had to come back and defend...thus...You're on fire. Sorry - verdict? Working as intended.

Attack lost - Ouch...nice uppercut. You are bigger than me and I took a good shot. I lost more health than you. Guess what....I threw napalm on you and you're on fire. Deal with it. - Verdict? Working as intended.

Sucker Punch - working as intended. You can remove my napalm with one token.

Comment

• NocRob
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2016

Nah. Napalm is broken. Needs to be addressed. It's the only skill that works win, lose, dodge, deflect, negate. Makes no sense, the puerile response above notwithstanding.

Even Plague only works 100% of the time on a win.

And again, I remove your Napalm with one token "60%" of the time. Quoted because my sucker punch failed 9 times in a row last EvE. Odds of that? 3 in 10,000. Sure...why not? Totally fair.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                      Developer
                      • Jul 2016

I think in this game dodge/nano/deflect is not equivalent to debuff resistance. If we made it so, they will become significantly stronger.

If you are so afraid of napalm/plague, consider adding resistance in following ways:
                      - Hospital Super Power, 20%
                      - Stimpack, 25% at level 3, 50% on self.
                      - Dobie, 2% - 10% resist to burn/napalm/poison/plague effect.
                      - Get stronger, that reduces many debuff apply chances by at least 50% including tag/plague. Napalm is not reduced I think because it a DOT damage and not that lethal. You do want to remove it if it's going to last for a while on you.
                      - Get your teammate stim you. If you are relying on the sucker punch, I have to say you have a very bad inactive team. EvE is designed for 80 vs 80, not 1 vs 10 or 1 vs 80. Defenders will need help to hold the building.

P.S. Buffing Sucker Punch % or change the skill a bit can be considered. This will be discussed.
                      Last edited by UWE_Duke; 03-07-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Allwyn
                        Hitman
                        • Dec 2016

love the reply..., dont cry get strong...

Comment

• NocRob
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2016

Appreciate the response, Duke. Glad to hear a discussion will be had about the efficacy of Sucker Punch.

Comment

• Reaper9292
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
                            I think in this game dodge/nano/deflect is not equivalent to debuff resistance. If we made it so, they will become significantly stronger.

If you are so afraid of napalm/plague, consider adding resistance in following ways:
                            - Hospital Super Power, 20%
                            - Stimpack, 25% at level 3, 50% on self.
                            - Dobie, 2% - 10% resist to burn/napalm/poison/plague effect.
                            - Get stronger, that reduces many debuff apply chances by at least 50% including tag/plague. Napalm is not reduced I think because it a DOT damage and not that lethal. You do want to remove it if it's going to last for a while on you.
                            - Get your teammate stim you. If you are relying on the sucker punch, I have to say you have a very bad inactive team. EvE is designed for 80 vs 80, not 1 vs 10 or 1 vs 80. Defenders will need help to hold the building.

P.S. Buffing Sucker Punch % or change the skill a bit can be considered. This will be discussed.
                            really napalm not that lethal ?.
                            damage over time and reduce health gain when u use health pack ?. it is as deadly as plague and tag.
                            u talk about stim as if it is that easy to stim a defender.
                            in a 30vs 30 actives battle if u try to stim the defender u will just help the enemy by detonating booby traps.
                            sucker punch is nice but the time it takes for u to go hit someone to remove ur buff is risky in a battle with high activity.
                            in my opinion if u hit with napalm and lose the chances to apply it should be halfed same as many other negative buffs.

Comment

• tambunan
                              Enforcer
                              • Feb 2016

IMO, napalm wasn't that bad.. Sure you get damage over time but trust me - if you do have napalm eating your health for over 1000 - in case you're open defender, you're either: too strong, so the opponent does not attacks you; you're being in low activity war, or opponent changing route.

Usually napalm was pretty much combined with trap so healing efficiency was decreased. Or used in war with low activity. It was not by any means game changer, sure it helps attacker but not game changer. I don't see reason to tamper with napalm, don't get me wrong - sucker punch may need a bit buff, but nothings wrong with napalm.. Its a fixed damage over time - apply napalm on people with 7k health, lets see how long it will take to get him killed.

Whereas in most cases, the cause of dead was the opponents attacker were stronger than you.
                              Last edited by tambunan; 03-07-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X