Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UWE_Duke
    Developer
    • Jul 2016

Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

Originally posted by SolidSnake View Post
    I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and the one thing that has remained is the freezing/crashing issues across three different devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, ASUS Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S6). I've sent in numerous reports (I think through the play store?) to the point in which it's no longer an option for me and I'm only left with pressing wait or OK now. I used to think I could predict and figure out why it would freeze or crash but now I'm lost and the game freezes or crashes whenever it wants even doing simple things such as scrolling down the battle list, going to jobs, etc. No amount of waiting resolves the issue either and it's gotten to the point in which I just shut down the game ASAP to minimize time lost from waiting on it to unfreeze itself. Before all this, I also used to have issues with the game crashing so hard that it would restart my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 and a few times on the Nexus 7) but lately that hasn't happened these days. Anyways I apologize for the rant but I've seriously gone mad from these issues. Is it just me or do others with android have this problem?

P.S. I also use an old regular iPhone 4 and it rarely if ever freezes.
    We haven't been able to smooth out the android debug flow for the crash root causes until recently, meaning fixing android crashes was a hard and tedious job before.

Per our client engineer, in version 3.31, some major crashes in Android was detected and fixed. I think we have a good reason now to believe UE-Android will have a bright future.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
      Brawler
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post
      We haven't been able to smooth out the android debug flow for the crash root causes until recently, meaning fixing android crashes was a hard and tedious job before.

Per our client engineer, in version 3.31, some major crashes in Android was detected and fixed. I think we have a good reason now to believe UE-Android will have a bright future.
      I hope so!! Love UE but it's been so frustrating on Android, which isn't news to anybody.

Comment

• Ramaria2
        Soldier
        • Nov 2014

Duke
        So Gaea dont use a third party to re write the code for Android?

Comment

• Popop
          Goon
          • Nov 2015

I am still crashing quite a bit on Andriod 6.01.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
            Brawler
            • Dec 2016

I still have slow loading times, less than normal though, with the occasional timeout.
            However, the game has only crashed 2-3 times in the last few days.
            That's on my Android. IOS is just as dependable as always

Comment

• SolidSnake
              Lackey
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by UWE_Duke View Post

This new update with the boss heist has brought some new bugs as well but it's nothing too critical. Otherwise, that's good news and I hope it continues to improve.

Comment

• UWE_Duke
                Developer
                • Jul 2016

Originally posted by SolidSnake View Post
                This new update with the boss heist has brought some new bugs as well but it's nothing too critical. Otherwise, that's good news and I hope it continues to improve.

Comment

Working...
                X