Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

  1. #1

    Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and the one thing that has remained is the freezing/crashing issues across three different devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, ASUS Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S6). I've sent in numerous reports (I think through the play store?) to the point in which it's no longer an option for me and I'm only left with pressing wait or OK now. I used to think I could predict and figure out why it would freeze or crash but now I'm lost and the game freezes or crashes whenever it wants even doing simple things such as scrolling down the battle list, going to jobs, etc. No amount of waiting resolves the issue either and it's gotten to the point in which I just shut down the game ASAP to minimize time lost from waiting on it to unfreeze itself. Before all this, I also used to have issues with the game crashing so hard that it would restart my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 and a few times on the Nexus 7) but lately that hasn't happened these days. Anyways I apologize for the rant but I've seriously gone mad from these issues. Is it just me or do others with android have this problem?

    P.S. I also use an old regular iPhone 4 and it rarely if ever freezes.

  2. #2

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    My iPhone 4g , iPad 2 and iPhone 5s never have any problem. I also have a Samsung s3 mini and it works great as well.

  3. #3

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    My android S7 Edge has constant crashing issues as well as timeout issues. I cannot look at the war log during EvE on my android.
    I also have an IPhone 4, which I use with mobile hotspot from my android.
    Using the Wi-Fi from my android, my iPhone has no issues, runs as smooth as possible.
    Android just sucks for UE

  4. #4

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Quote Originally Posted by NutzOfDeez View Post
    My android S7 Edge has constant crashing issues as well as timeout issues. I cannot look at the war log during EvE on my android.
    I also have an IPhone 4, which I use with mobile hotspot from my android.
    Using the Wi-Fi from my android, my iPhone has no issues, runs as smooth as possible.
    Android just sucks for UE
    I also have problems with the war log too. Sometimes it just comes out black and I have to reload it a few times to make the text show up and for me it eventually gets stuck and stops reporting any actions.

  5. #5

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Have the same case with my Android(HTC m8). Don't do much pvp because after 1-3 kills, it totally freezes and need to restart game. Scrolling in boss list, same thing. And many times just random freeze. I think some of the issue is in the scrolling mechanism.

    Got a mini on an old iphone 4 witch never freezes. Ever.

  6. #6

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I abandoned my android accounts a year ago but came back to them recently and noticed that the app is much more stable then it was before maybe down the road it will be as good as on iOS.

  7. #7
    Goon Shautz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portugal, Porto
    Posts
    43

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    When i used sony xperia j, s3 and huawei p8 lite never crashed/frezzed. Now i have samsung galaxy a5 2016. Its constantly crashing/freezing. More than 2/3 times per day

  8. #8
    Goon Shautz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portugal, Porto
    Posts
    43

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    And i had iphone 4. Never crashed/frezed too

  9. #9

    Discordant Game Guru

    Cthulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,301

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Lol, you have to go a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away for your answer:





    Good luck droids!

  10. #10

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
    I also have problems with the war log too. Sometimes it just comes out black and I have to reload it a few times to make the text show up and for me it eventually gets stuck and stops reporting any actions.
    That is a universal issue. Happened on my 5,6+,&7.

    Sometimes you have to click it then go back and forth a few times. There seems to be a transition overlay that freezes sometimes.

  11. #11

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I play the game for 3 years also and through those years I've been experiencing the same problems. I often get timeouts, crashes maybe 3-4 times daily. Also, the game is working awfully on android. Crashes happen during PvP, EvE (especially when I bring up war log). GAEA should really focus on fixing the game so android users can get the same experience as iPhone.

  12. #12

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    My s6 crashes all the time. Iphone 5. Not once. Soon the s8 will be out and my 2 year plan will be up. Will hope for great improvements when i get one *gulp*

  13. #13

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I wish for 1 day they gave us an option to switch toons from Android to IOS, I would love to switch everything to my IPhones.

  14. #14

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I wish they gave us a well done Android app so we dont have to switch OS to have a good gaming experience

  15. #15

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I think the answer is two parts. 1. They build in iOS and then convert to Android (you can find the post on the forums). 2 and most important is that each phone is different and each company releases a bit different version of Android software. Every iOS phone is exactly the same, so there are less compatibly issues. For Android they likely code to work with the most phones and tablets possible.

    There was a time when a lot of Android phones were completely incompatible. Since they widened the number of devices served, the game play has gotten worse. I never had a problem with my first Android phone 3 years ago. But my tablets didn't work at all. Now all my devices work, but they are unstable.

  16. #16

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
    I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and the one thing that has remained is the freezing/crashing issues across three different devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, ASUS Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S6). I've sent in numerous reports (I think through the play store?) to the point in which it's no longer an option for me and I'm only left with pressing wait or OK now. I used to think I could predict and figure out why it would freeze or crash but now I'm lost and the game freezes or crashes whenever it wants even doing simple things such as scrolling down the battle list, going to jobs, etc. No amount of waiting resolves the issue either and it's gotten to the point in which I just shut down the game ASAP to minimize time lost from waiting on it to unfreeze itself. Before all this, I also used to have issues with the game crashing so hard that it would restart my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4 and a few times on the Nexus 7) but lately that hasn't happened these days. Anyways I apologize for the rant but I've seriously gone mad from these issues. Is it just me or do others with android have this problem?

    P.S. I also use an old regular iPhone 4 and it rarely if ever freezes.
    We haven't been able to smooth out the android debug flow for the crash root causes until recently, meaning fixing android crashes was a hard and tedious job before.

    Per our client engineer, in version 3.31, some major crashes in Android was detected and fixed. I think we have a good reason now to believe UE-Android will have a bright future.

  17. #17

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    We haven't been able to smooth out the android debug flow for the crash root causes until recently, meaning fixing android crashes was a hard and tedious job before.

    Per our client engineer, in version 3.31, some major crashes in Android was detected and fixed. I think we have a good reason now to believe UE-Android will have a bright future.
    I hope so!! Love UE but it's been so frustrating on Android, which isn't news to anybody.

  18. #18

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    Duke
    So Gaea dont use a third party to re write the code for Android?

  19. #19

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I am still crashing quite a bit on Andriod 6.01.

  20. #20

    Re: Why does this game freeze/crash so often on android?

    I still have slow loading times, less than normal though, with the occasional timeout.
    However, the game has only crashed 2-3 times in the last few days.
    That's on my Android. IOS is just as dependable as always

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •