• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psycho
    Goon
    • Apr 2016

Incentives to new players

This is about new players not about changes you want for your account
    We know the game need a lot of things to make us happy but let's try to think what can be done to incentive new people to enjoy and stay in UE.

IMO EvE are the part of the game that more stimulates new players to keep playing.
    The Team spirit are the best part.
    But, (my own experience) I convinced 3 guys from my work to play UE.
    We started a new empire together and open recruitment got some accounts to fill the empire.
    I decided to don't use my big accounts and used 2 minis under lvl100 to stay close to my friends level.
    They stopped to play in 5 days.
    The problem was.

Tier
    Bronze is a cemetery, wars don't have challenges
    Silver was nice
    After 3~4 wins we got gold (no hosp, no armory, no ST in our empire) enemies had shields and bunkers.
    Sometimes they haven't but plenty of abandoned accounts above lvl300~400 and one or two active players.
    Just for curiosity I sent one account to one of this empires just to check.
    Dead chat, red dots (inactivity) all around and the active player had no power to build or keep implementing upgrades.
    But he won because 5 active players under lvl100 starting a new empire can't cross the dead meet wall from abandoned empires.
    This scene happened many times and the new players I convinced to play UE Just abandoned the game.

My opinion is:
    Bronze isn't a Tier, it's a empire cemetery
    Bronze should be a place to new players build their new empires and be competitive against same size empires.
    IMO dead inactive accounts should be removed from empires (maybe one week, one moth, not active the account get kicked from empire)
    Only keep the leader because he paid to build and maybe someday return to the game. This empire will not show to EvE anymore having only one player inside.
    This way we gonna have more balanced battles in all tiers. You only climb to a higher tier when you get actives enough.
    Also the need to defend your home will incentive more classes diversity. People will understand the need to defend and build defensive accounts. Not only snipers hide behind dead accounts.
    This action also can incentive good accounts playing alone to join a new or a big empire because they will lose the dead wall. Giving more actives to high tiers too.

One more idea is
    New accounts receive a pop up saying.
    You got a regen bonus active up to lvl50 and your S and E are 2.5mins
    At lvl50 a new pop up saying your regen are 3mins. When you reach lvl100 you'll have 3.5mins regen like all other players.
    This will help new people grow and feel useful faster. Many empires only recruit players lvl100+

WHATS YOUR IDEA?
    Maybe from this discussion can born a good idea Devs can use

*edit
    This is not to the Devs
    This is between us, players, but Devs are free to use any idea posted here if they want.
    No credit or reward are need for use ideas in this post.
    If you post something here you agree it's a thread from players that want new people in game and are doing it without guaranty of implement or reward.
    Last edited by Psycho; 03-02-2017, 07:31 PM.
  • Necrofessr
    Hitman
    • Jan 2014

Re: Incentives to new players

No more new empires and start dropping dead ones. Gold and below are for cc grinders only. New players see these wars and think the game is dead so they move on.

Comment

• DL_Joker
      Underboss
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Necrofessr View Post
      No more new empires and start dropping dead ones. Gold and below are for cc grinders only. New players see these wars and think the game is dead so they move on.
      This is going to seem harsh, but I suggest a serious culling.

No more new empires. Delete everyone in silver and below.

If 70% or more of an empire hasn't logged in within a month, delete it.

If nobody shows up for wars in an empire, take it out of the EvE pool.

No more meat shields. Remove players who haven't logged in for over a month from empires.

Force players to find more active homes. Bring back the competitiveness, and don't allow the creation of new empires until every empire in the game is at least 80% full.

At this stage in the game, all these new empires and people going down to silver/gold to farm CC are killing the game.

Drastic changes need to happen.

My Regards,
      Joker,
      Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• KOFOLA
        Soldier
        • Jul 2014

Also adding rewards for legend teir would be great maybe cc or epic crates😉

Comment

• Psycho
          Goon
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Necrofessr View Post
          This is exactly what I'm saying.
          People need 7 days inactive to receive a red dot. Give more 3 days and if this account don't login auto kick from empire.
          This way 99% from Bronze tier will just lost all their players and will not show in EvE anymore.
          Silver and gold will lose the meat shield and many empires will have less than 7 active accounts and will not be able to battle anymore. They will have to find a new home.
          This way bronze and silver will become a real competitive tier between small and new empire.
          Resuming, no more inactive empires fighting, no more CC farms.

I don't agree to don't allow to build new empires because isn't fun for new guys play like
          "DONT HEAL,
          DONT ARMOR,
          DONT SAVE YOUR TOKENS ONLY FOR NUKE,
          SUICIDE AGAINST THE BIG GUY"
          They deserve a chance to try and build their place in a competitive and compatible tier.
          If they can't build or find actives enough EvE will become unavailable after dead accounts get kicked.

100% active battles

Comment

• DL_Joker
            Underboss
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
            I don't agree to don't allow to build new empires because isn't fun for new guys play like
            "DONT HEAL,
            DONT ARMOR,
            DONT SAVE YOUR TOKENS ONLY FOR NUKE,
            SUICIDE AGAINST THE BIG GUY"
            They deserve a chance to try and build their place in a competitive and compatible tier.
            If they can't build or find actives enough EvE will become unavailable after dead accounts get kicked.
            Many decent empires will be formed with low levels. Even if they aren't, I know several empires (including mine) who utilise new players for things other than wasting tokens on players we could beat. I'm often the first in my empire to kill myself hitting people too strong for us. Why would I waste tokens on someone hundreds of levels smaller than me, when a low level can easily beat them?

That said, the no new empires will be temporary. At least until all kept empires are filled to 80% or more. After that, players will be given a chance to make new empires.

My Regards,
            Joker,
            Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• CYBORGX
              Goon
              • May 2014

Having 80 potentially active players is too much. At one point we had 72 actives in one war and it was just a mess.
              Anything above 40-50 actives gets quite hard to manage/structure. If you were to kick inactive players, the empires would need to have their member amount reduced.

Comment

• EliXiR
                Lackey
                • Jan 2017

I'm liking where this thread is heading... can you imagine the efforts an empire would put forth to recruit and/or merge to keep their roster full assuming all theirs dead weights were kicked? Love the possibility as a 4 yr veteran.

Comment

• Necrofessr
                  Hitman
                  • Jan 2014

My main thing is new players need to see activity. See how fun a good eve can be and know there is a reason to invest time. Eve sells Ue its what keep us coming back make it active make it worth it make it exciting

Comment

• DL_Joker
                    Underboss
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by CYBORGX View Post
                    Having 80 potentially active players is too much. At one point we had 72 actives in one war and it was just a mess.
                    Anything above 40-50 actives gets quite hard to manage/structure. If you were to kick inactive players, the empires would need to have their member amount reduced.
                    Not if your actives follow calls. It's quite possible to organise that many players, I've been in empires that have had 60 or so actives each war. It takes more effort, but it's entirely manageable.

My Regards,
                    Joker,
                    Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• 2ndPrsnLsr
                      Goon
                      • Jul 2016

How about we shorten the season by 1 day, no wars first day, and reset the war opt-in to "no wars". It won't eliminate all of the problems, but a lot of them. Give them 24 hrs to opt in or they don't participate for the season and it's disbanded? It won't solve the problem of a single player or two holding on but it'll help clear the waters

OR any new empire goes into a "just started" class for 30-60 days? After which they get moved into the normal ranking system?

Hell, just rank every empire total and at end of season make it so only top 2000 (or whatever) manage to stay alive.

There's tons of real options, someone just need to pick one eventually.

Comment

• EliXiR
                        Lackey
                        • Jan 2017

Exactly... I wonder if noob accts are prompted with dead empires when they click "join an empire"? If so, then this would be a great place to start revamping things. Imagine how many picked an empire to join only to find it was dead. I imagine if it were any one of us, we prob wouldn't be here having this discussion as we'd have deleted the game.

Comment

• alexian
                          • Jun 2013

Yes to kicking meat shields, those that do not appear in a month empire tracker tool, No to deleting empires. Let the new possible players get a shortcut and benefit of some already upgraded empires. A couple of big hiters in the small leagues to give advices to the new players are beneficial (the first good advice I can think of is who to buy or skip from black market).

Or maybe, Yes, delete the empire if it has 0 members for 1 month (auto kick of inactives in effect).
                          Last edited by alexian; 03-02-2017, 09:48 PM.
                          48BE8B

Comment

• DL_Joker
                            Underboss
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by EliXiR View Post
                            Exactly... I wonder if noob accts are prompted with dead empires when they click "join an empire"? If so, then this would be a great place to start revamping things. Imagine how many picked an empire to join only to find it was dead. I imagine if it were any one of us, we prob wouldn't be here having this discussion as we'd have deleted the game.
                            They are. It gives you a list of 10 or so empires, one of which you're way too small for, and the others are dead. It's a huge turn off if you don't already have friends playing.

My Regards,
                            Joker,
                            Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• kosau
                              Goon
                              • Dec 2015

Just to share my exp with UWE.

I started to play with a few workmate ( one of them is my boss lol ) . They are in Gold/Plat tier.
                              I start as a little demo guy , we won a lot as we have a crazy 1000+ lvl ghost in the empire. that actually get me hooked in this game. 2 years onward we are in diamond/plat tier, with all the shield upgrade/nuke. My main is a BSI ghost and have a world famous LSI deflect enforce alt. enjoying every moment.

Psycho : may be you should bring your main along when play with your workmate, winning is the key to keep everyone going.

To reply this thread, I totally agree on remove inactive player in the empire after x days. also I think we need a better way for new players to join gold tier empire who need more active. One idea I can think of is auto assign new player to a random gold tier empire , and they can join any other empire later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X