Thread: Best way to level Heavy Weapons

Best way to level Heavy Weapons

What are the best skills to level first in the heavy weapons class?💣

Re: Best way to level Heavy Weapons

Demolition and then booby traps. These are your 2 main things to have.

Don't bother getting dynamite higher then level 2 I find that I rarely use it. Also collateral damage is a good investment if you are vs empires with massive shields otherwise ignore it. Bulletproof isn't that good but if you are a defender then go for it. If you attack players then go for barrage at lvl 3 it goes to 90% chance to ignore dodge. Flamethrower is useful for skills achievement because demolition does not count.

He went away without bidding anyone farewell.

I used this order for my Heavy Weapons.

Demolition 1.
    Demolition 2.
    Demolition 3.
    Booby Trap 1.
    Collateral Damage 1.
    Collateral Damage 2.
    Collateral Damage 3.
    Booby Trap 2.
    Booby Trap 3.

After that, you can adjust skills however you need to fit your position as an attacker or defender. IMO, now that shields exist, Collateral Damage is a nice boost to your demo. While it only does 100 damage to a random player in the building when it procs, if your entire demo squad is using it, you can weaken the defenders before your attackers even gain access.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_Joker View Post
    I used this order for my Heavy Weapons.

Demolition 1.
    Demolition 2.
    Demolition 3.
    Booby Trap 1.
    Collateral Damage 1.
    Collateral Damage 2.
    Collateral Damage 3.
    Booby Trap 2.
    Booby Trap 3.

After that, you can adjust skills however you need to fit your position as an attacker or defender. IMO, now that shields exist, Collateral Damage is a nice boost to your demo. While it only does 100 damage to a random player in the building when it procs, if your entire demo squad is using it, you can weaken the defenders before your attackers even gain access.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
    sorry but collateral damage will just ruin the game for reaper , titans ..if ur in an empire with few reapers and titans dont learn collateral damage ..if ur not u will be on the future maybe so dont spend cc on it.

Enforcer

the usefulness to cc ration for collateral damage is very less i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9292 View Post
    sorry but collateral damage will just ruin the game for reaper , titans ..if ur in an empire with few reapers and titans dont learn collateral damage ..if ur not u will be on the future maybe so dont spend cc on it.
    I have Reapers and Titans in my empire. They don't complain about it because we're more concerned about winning than personal gain. Anything that weakens defenders is a +1 from me. It by no means 'ruins the game' for them, and in fact has saved tokens more than once.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

I have Reapers and Titans in my empire. They don't complain about it because we're more concerned about winning than personal gain. Anything that weakens defenders is a +1 from me. It by no means 'ruins the game' for them, and in fact has saved tokens more than once.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
    so u think its better to deal 100 damage to one target than to let him sleep and a reaper could have a 30% chance to double damage? or triple if a titam stuns each of them with a single token..
    or ur titans that have alghul could hit for no counter damage .
    ur empire reapers/titans dont complain probably bcz they dont know better .
    if people on my empire start napalming or bury or do anything that can wake up enemy players the chances for us to lose increases with 80% .
    but well im on an empire where we play with less actives than others.
    maybe when u have lots of actives u go for power win and dont care much about strategy ,just hit away.

so u think its better to deal 100 damage to one target than to let him sleep and a reaper could have a 30% chance to double damage? or triple if a titam stuns each of them with a single token..
    or ur titans that have alghul could hit for no counter damage .
    ur empire reapers/titans dont complain probably bcz they dont know better .
    if people on my empire start napalming or bury or do anything that can wake up enemy players the chances for us to lose increases with 80% .
    but well im on an empire where we play with less actives than others.
    maybe when u have lots of actives u go for power win and dont care much about strategy ,just hit away.
    Napalm and Bury are both extremely powerful tools for a victory. If a strategy relies on Titans and Reapers having sleeping targets, it's a situational strategy. It can't be applied every EvE unless you're in an inactive empire.

As for the 100 Damage, it's small, but every demo using it + Burn makes for a decent chunk of health taken from the defenders. Sometimes 2-3 tokens worth.

My Reapers and Titans don't complain because they know hitting sleeping targets is usually for personal benefit unless we're having a slow war. Again, it's a situational strategy than can work if not many actives show up, but if you rely on your Reapers and Titans every war, you'll lose a fair amount.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Napalm and Bury are both extremely powerful tools for a victory. If a strategy relies on Titans and Reapers having sleeping targets, it's a situational strategy. It can't be applied every EvE unless you're in an inactive empire.

As for the 100 Damage, it's small, but every demo using it + Burn makes for a decent chunk of health taken from the defenders. Sometimes 2-3 tokens worth.

My Reapers and Titans don't complain because they know hitting sleeping targets is usually for personal benefit unless we're having a slow war. Again, it's a situational strategy than can work if not many actives show up, but if you rely on your Reapers and Titans every war, you'll lose a fair amount.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
    i dont see how is it usually a personal benefit if a reaper hits sleeping targets?.
    if he has 4 tokens and can hit with preciseblade 7 targets and do 1k to each ?. isnt that the points to kill targets as efficently as u can ?.
    how is usually a personal benefit if a titan (the one that gives u the win bcz he is there to defend) can hit sleeping targets and recieve no counter damage and stacking hundreds of armor per hit..
    also stunning the enemy and giving reapers a chance to do more damage .

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
    also napalm and bury are powerful but isnt it better if when clearing the shield everyone is sleeping and then reaper hits first with preciseblade or plague everyone and after that goes napalm and let them burn .
    why would u want to damage a 2k health enforcer for 100 damage and wake him when a reaper could single hit kill him without spending any tokens?

I think Joker does not play in a big league to know the usefulness of reaper for eve. For me, If your empire gets to a big basement full of offense, you usually would have won already, Bury the whole offense might credit him some ridiculous amount of player damage but that's those tokens he could have helped to demo and plant time bomb for the empire.

For Titan, sleeper or not, has nothing to do with Titan's skill.

Always reaper plague first the sleeper , splash demo to wake up is just stupid imo.

Discordant Game Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CYBORGX View Post
    Demolition and then booby traps. These are your 2 main things to have.
    This

Damaging buildings/shields and trapping healers

The rest is icing on the HW cake

Caporegime Game Guru

I would go with demo 3. Then booby trap 3. Then if you are strong enough for hitting opponents max flamethrower. TNT and dynamite combos are for fun battles.

also napalm and bury are powerful but isnt it better if when clearing the shield everyone is sleeping and then reaper hits first with preciseblade or plague everyone and after that goes napalm and let them burn .
    why would u want to damage a 2k health enforcer for 100 damage and wake him when a reaper could single hit kill him without spending any tokens?
    The point isn't about doing insane amounts of damage, it's about getting free damage. You already have to dump tokens on the shield, doing an average of 400-500 damage per shield + burn to players is just a large amount of icing on the cake.

More than half the time, the defenders are already awake when the damage is done. If all defenders are asleep, it doesn't matter what strategy you use, you'll win anyway. It's about damaging active healers with tokens already in use.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

If there is a high health sleeping defender I always pray that collateral damage doesn't wake them up, my assassin with cripple and opportunist and poppy can take a massive chunk of health off, my best shot so far 6.5k.

Discordant Game Guru

There are a lot of sources of splash damage in the game with class skills and LTs - it can be coordinated but shouldn't be avoided. Players need to build the best account for their best playing experience and then learn how best to use that in helping their empire.