Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lts for Sniper

Lts for Sniper

Is it better to have crit chance Lts or just ones with better stats?

I have a couple 3* rares that are much stronger then some of the Lts I use for just 1% extra crit hit

He went away without bidding anyone farewell.

Re: Lts for Sniper

Combining HeadShot with Killing Spree and Critical lieutenants is deadly.

My suggestion is to Star up your Critical chance lieutenants to make them better, because you'll want them seated most of the time. (A good place to go is the dice job in Slums. Pain drops fairly often and has a nice critical boost.)

Once you wind up with a 100% Critical Chance due to KS, you'll probably want to swap out some of your Critical Chance lieutenants for lieutenants that increase Critical Damage.

Good luck!

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

How does killing spree get up to 100% I have that skill unlocked currently

Quote Originally Posted by Jdaigle22 View Post
    How does killing spree get up to 100% I have that skill unlocked currently
    It stacks. So each time you score a critical, the critical chance goes up. 13% at level 1 I believe. So if you have 20% crit chance and score a critical, you have 33% chance. If you score another, you have 46% chance.

As you can see, Critical chance lieutenants are important, as they make you more likely to go on a spree early on.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Ok I see but you can't see that crit chance in the pull down menu in the place where you spend class coins

Ok I see but you can't see that crit chance in the pull down menu in the place where you spend class coins
    I don't think so. It's also a 'per life' thing, if you heal in EvE, you lose the bonus and have to start over.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

So you just have to remember how many times you crit.

Is that the same ring for overkill also?

Is that the same ring for overkill also?
    I think so, but OK is much less likely to proc. However, OK combined with the above combo is absolutely lethal when she procs.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

I have blink, pain, nightshade, ok, miss conduct.
    So should I switch Lts when I am at 100%?
    Sorry last questions. I am new

I have blink, pain, nightshade, ok, miss conduct.
    So should I switch Lts when I am at 100%?
    Sorry last questions. I am new
    Yes. You should switch from critical chance to critical damage when you hit 100%.

Doesn't Miss Conduct boost Critical Damage, not Critical Chance? (I just recently came back to the game, so not sure.)

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Yeah she does. But I don't have another crit chance person. I do I have a king epic I could slot tin the caps chair instead

Or just put my highest level there?

Or just put my highest level there?
    I would leave her until you get another critical chance. Damage isn't bad.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

Killing Spree (KS) is +17% at level 3. Sureshot (SS) is +9% at level 3. My Sniper has 29% Crit rate with crit LT's in, so I'll use that to explain how these skills work.

My first shot in EvE has a 29% chance to crit. Lets say I *don't* get a crit with that shot, that's where SS helps, it adds 9% to my crit chance next shot. So, 29%+9%=38%. My second shot in EvE has a 38% chance to crit.

As long as you *don't* crit, SS will add 9% to your crit chance, until you get a crit hit. Once you get a crit hit, SS goes back to 0% and KS kicks in with its +17% crit chance.

Let's say my second shot is a crit hit. SS goes to 0% and KS kicks in. So my 3rd shot has a 46% chance to crit (29% + 17%).

If my 3rd shot is a crit, my crit rate goes to 63% chance to crit (46%+17%).

If my 4th shot is a crit, my crit rate goes to 80% chance to crit (63%+17%).

If my 5th shot is a crit, my crit rate goes to 97% chance to crit (80%+17%).

If my 6th shot is a crit, my crit rate goes to 114% chance to crit (97%+17%).

So, after 5 criticals in a row, I have 114% chance to crit. My KS is now "locked in" and I can swap out my crit LT's and put in damage/attack LT's...but be aware that if I lose more than 14% in crit rate doing this, my crit chance will go under 100%.

Hope that makes sense?

So, my answer to your question is, use crit LT's until your KS is "locked in", then swap to damage/attack LT's...and yes, it's possible to go all through EvE without locking in your KS.

Some additional advice for snipers, don't waste CC on mark target or lucky shot. Just use suppress and then head shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Some additional advice for snipers, don't waste CC on mark target or lucky shot. Just use suppress and then head shot.
    That's some bad advice.

When a strong team puts bunkers(with super power) in 1 and 9 a sniper with Mark target can tag a bunch of people in 3(usually full of offense) trying to find strong attackers.

Also with lucky shot, you can use it against bigger players you would normally suicide against.

Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    That's some bad advice.

When a strong team puts bunkers(with super power) in 1 and 9 a sniper with Mark target can tag a bunch of people in 3(usually full of offense) trying to find strong attackers.

Also with lucky shot, you can use it against bigger players you would normally suicide against.
    I agree with this.

Mark Target and Lucky Shot are extremely useful. I'd prioritise Critical Skills, but these skills are by no means a waste of CC.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

We will have to agree to disagree on mark target. With bunkers at 1 and 9, you're team is either trying to go 456, or they are taking 1 and 9. There's no room to take pot shots at 3 and hope u get lucky, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree on mark target. With bunkers at 1 and 9, you're team is either trying to go 456, or they are taking 1 and 9. There's no room to take pot shots at 3 and hope u get lucky, imho.
    +1. I'd get the boot from my empire if I started taking rogue pot shots like that lol. In any case, I'd rather shoot blindly and have a chance to do a lot of damage than wasting a token on marked target.

If using it to Max points on yourself that is not good use of the skill.

The empire I'm in will have some of our snipers mark targets in whatever building is hidden in 2, 3 or 6 if it's not shielded. Trying to find big ghosts on rush, snipers or terms that do massive hits so our big ghosts and snipers can kill them before they get to do damage to us.

"Wasting" tokens hoping to find toons that can one shot some of our players is definitely worth it to me.

The bunkers in 1 and 9 was an example cause we just got that recently.