• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL_Joker
    Underboss
    • Oct 2014

Suggestions for Gaea (Mafias)

Each Empire can own Empire income properties. These will be very expensive, and the income is distributed evenly to the members. Example:

The Docks (Purchase price $100m)
    Distributes $25m evenly through the empire every week. ($312,500 to each member in an empire of 80 members)

Now here's where things will get interesting. Empires can form 'Mafias' where smaller gangs can work for them. The Mafia can fund empire income properties for the smaller empires, and provide 'protection' from other empires, in exchange for receiving a cut of the profits. (If someone attacks an empire in your Mafia, they're messing with your income.)

In addition to the new business aspect, I'd like new gifting options for members of the Mafia. Once daily, the top empire can send down a shipment of weapons, gear, vehicles, etc (whichever they choose) to the empires under their control. (This shipment will cost $x.) This can offer a great incentive to new and upcoming empires to link up with a Mafia to get decent gear when they first begin, as well as have protection early on.

If an empire wants to break away from a Mafia, all they need to do is "buy their freedom" AKA pay back all money spend on their income properties to the Mafia (minus what they've already taken from cuts.) So if they bought the docks for your empire, and have already collected $11M in cuts from you, you only need to pay $89M to break away. (If they have already collected enough cuts to be equal to or greater than the purchase cost, you can break away for free.)

This excites me, as it adds a business aspect to empires and will add some use other than senseless warring.

My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.
  • DFish
    Brawler
    • Mar 2015

Re: Suggestions for Gaea (Mafias)

I like idea of empire based cash property. Maybe it could be the warehouse not be used now.

If it makes to the end of EvE it gives extra cash and cc, or an additional drop.

The higher it is upgraded the more cash per hour for members and cash payout for EvE.

I also like the idea of having an official mini empire.

Comment

• DL_Joker
      Underboss
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DFish View Post
      I like idea of empire based cash property. Maybe it could be the warehouse not be used now.

If it makes to the end of EvE it gives extra cash and cc, or an additional drop.

The higher it is upgraded the more cash per hour for members and cash payout for EvE.

I also like the idea of having an official mini empire.
      I agree, empire based cash property would be great. It solves people's requests for new income properties and it makes it somewhat more fun.

I'd like it if it worked differently than current upgrades though. Definitely have a build time, but maybe not restrict donations on it? I'd like it if players could truly contribute. Think of it more like an empire property than a building, like player properties. It's almost like Extortion in a way, but more useful lol.

My Regards,
      Joker,
      Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• kosau
        Goon
        • Dec 2015

Sound fun !

My question is how does the protection work ? what do the little gangs gain after they join the big empire with lot of lvl 1000+

Comment

• DL_Joker
          Underboss
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by kosau View Post
          Sound fun !

My question is how does the protection work ? what do the little gangs gain after they join the big empire with lot of lvl 1000+
          My theory on protection is more or less voluntary. If your low level members are being attacked, they're less able to provide for you, and so you're more likely to step in. You spent cash to buy that empire properties, you want the cash to keep coming in.

The main benefit for weak empires is the extra cash. That big empire just gave them a new source of income, it's extremely helpful even if they're taking a slice.

Of course, something spectacular will need to be released to have some sort of point to all this money floating around. I'll get into that in another thread.

My Regards,
          Joker,
          Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Fosspher
            Thug
            • Aug 2013

I love this idea. It adds another level of role playing to the game and fits perfectly within the genre
            It's also easy to add more daily quests to this idea. It's a shame that high-end empires have a harder time charging the super powers because they can't donate anymore items

Comment

• DL_Joker
              Underboss
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Fosspher View Post
              I love this idea. It adds another level of role playing to the game and fits perfectly within the genre
              It's also easy to add more daily quests to this idea. It's a shame that high-end empires have a harder time charging the super powers because they can't donate anymore items
              I agree. This is one of my favourite ideas. I'm sitting on four more ideas/threads but I don't know if I'll wind up posting them since not much interest has been shown in the ones I've posted so far.

My Regards,
              Joker,
              Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Missy
                Thug
                • Jun 2014

I've got a mini in a newly formed Empire, and I was pondering the incentives, benefits, limits etc. of this topic...and was thinking along the lines of a tribute system, so that...

Each Empire (and potentially each toon) can *chose* to:
                1) tribute to one other Empire, and
                2) can collect tribute from other Empire/Toon, but
                3) the Empire/Toon in (1) can't be the same as (2).

How would that scenario pan out? It seems to limit the extent of subversion in some manners, and, if it worked, may be easy to extend, perhaps via achievements/goals...idk...rambling maybe?

Edit: I should add, my new, tiny empire would dearly love to have some extra donation money and objects, and my main toon would love to be able to get the "Donate cash/item" Daily task but can't be cause Main's Empire is Maxed.
                Last edited by Missy; 03-05-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• DL_Joker
                  Underboss
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Missy View Post
                  I've got a mini in a newly formed Empire, and I was pondering the incentives, benefits, limits etc. of this topic...and was thinking along the lines of a tribute system, so that...

Each Empire (and potentially each toon) can *chose* to:
                  1) tribute to one other Empire, and
                  2) can collect tribute from other Empire/Toon, but
                  3) the Empire/Toon in (1) can't be the same as (2).

How would that scenario pan out? It seems to limit the extent of subversion in some manners, and, if it worked, may be easy to extend, perhaps via achievements/goals...idk...rambling maybe?

Edit: I should add, my new, tiny empire would dearly love to have some extra donation money and objects, and my main toon would love to be able to get the "Donate cash/item" Daily task but can't be cause Main's Empire is Maxed.

My Regards,
                  Joker,
                  Manager of Dark London.

Comment

• Empress Lauren
                    Goon
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by DL_Joker View Post
                    I agree. This is one of my favourite ideas. I'm sitting on four more ideas/threads but I don't know if I'll wind up posting them since not much interest has been shown in the ones I've posted so far.

My Regards,
                    Joker,
                    Manager of Dark London.

I love this idea, and I love that you have ideas to improve/enhance the game!

Please share them all... don't rely on initial forum response (or lack, thereof) as an indicator of interest by the player population...

I think many forum users have gotten away from reading/checking the forum on a regular basis, and some players have never checked the forum at all... Personally, I haven't been here in months, except for when devs give a forum link in their in-game emails... 😬

This is a game... about battles...
                    EXPECT to get attacked... farmed...
                    by allies... by higher levels...
                    even PvP'd directly from EvE....
                    It might not be "nice", nor "proper" game etiquette,
                    but all's fair in war!!

Comment

Working...
                    X