Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: EvE stat caps?

  1. #1
    Lackey
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19

    EvE stat caps?

    Hey my question is that in eve is there a max damage cap based from stats alone or a soft cap as such.

    For example would a player with 3500 att
    Do the same or less then a player with 7000 att as such.
    Does the defence as such of a player lower the damage according to the defenders def

    Does a high end bsi even matter to a eve late game damage wise? Excluding standard pvp of course.

    I asked this because i would know to know if there were soft caps so i could put my def to there to achieve a well placed damage reduction in eve. As well as maintaining a stong offense After the caps achieved. And it would explain why there are some players i do 500-700 compared to some 250-400

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    I can't answer your question but I want to add something...
    There's a cap to EvE health or we can keep growing it forever?

  3. #3
    Lackey
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Welll i thought to ask, because obviously there would be some sort of balancing around it.
    Hopefully someone can answer this or any legend league players able to disclose there average damage hits or something?

  4. #4
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    270

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Ive seen a Ghost hit for 5K powershot without Overkill.

  5. #5

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Allwyn View Post
    Ive seen a Ghost hit for 5K powershot without Overkill.
    Judging with skill hits is going to be tough, because power shot will x3 it so that's a 1,667 damage hit. It could have also been boosted by LTs and Rush, not to mention critical hits.

    When I don't rush and powers hot doesn't trigger and it's a non critical I usually tap out about 450-500 damage per token. Non boosted crit I guess somewhere around 700-750.

    After the event I'll play a few without damage LTs and just use standard attack.

    Btw I'm just over 6k atk total and just under 3k defense total.
    Last edited by Xcali1985; 02-17-2017 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #6

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Hq superpower caps damage to 2k per hit, I don't think there's a cap.

  7. #7

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by KOFOLA View Post
    Hq superpower caps damage to 2k per hit, I don't think there's a cap.
    Skill/LT wise I don't think so. That's why the HQ super caps. Someone with OK on Rush using powershot along with Vanquish, etc can be a one shot killer. Not to mention if they get Hotshot.

    Base wise I think there is a cap and maybe a small boost depending on the stat/level gap. I always seem to hit really low levels for an extra 200-300 damage per token.

  8. #8
    Street Boss Quaranj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pokémon Empire
    Posts
    779

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Allwyn View Post
    Ive seen a Ghost hit for 5K powershot without Overkill.
    I've done nearly 7k without Overkill on my mini while Hot Shot was active.

  9. #9

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    If there are caps I think they should be removed. With that said, I don't think there are any and haven't heard or seen any evidence of them.

  10. #10

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Allwyn View Post
    Ive seen a Ghost hit for 5K powershot without Overkill.
    My max crit without Overkill or hotshot was 15557.

  11. #11

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
    My max crit without Overkill or hotshot was 15557.
    There's a screen out there of someone doing a 97K critical.....and was deflected

  12. #12
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    270

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massmurder View Post
    There's a screen out there of someone doing a 97K critical.....and was deflected
    he should take 2-3 packs to heal

  13. #13

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by quaranj View Post
    i've done nearly 7k without overkill on my mini while hot shot was active.
    10k hit yesterday with 1x overkill.... No hotshot

  14. #14
    Underboss DL_Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    He went away without bidding anyone farewell.
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    To my knowledge, there are no viable attack/defence caps in regards to EvE damage.

    Now, you'd think that you'd eventually hit a wall where defence stops mitigating damage, since you'd eventually wind up taking 0, but I imagine that's such a high number that no player will ever plausibly reach it, and even if they did, other players with high enough attack could do damage. (Seeing as Damage mitigation is reliant on the amount of damage you'd be taking in the first place.)

    So, in theory, no. However, it somewhat balances itself out via other players.

    My Regards,
    Joker,
    Manager of Dark London.

  15. #15

    Re: EvE stat caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krylancelo View Post
    Hey my question is that in eve is there a max damage cap based from stats alone or a soft cap as such.

    For example would a player with 3500 att
    Do the same or less then a player with 7000 att as such.
    Does the defence as such of a player lower the damage according to the defenders def

    Does a high end bsi even matter to a eve late game damage wise? Excluding standard pvp of course.

    I asked this because i would know to know if there were soft caps so i could put my def to there to achieve a well placed damage reduction in eve. As well as maintaining a stong offense After the caps achieved. And it would explain why there are some players i do 500-700 compared to some 250-400

    Thanks
    Go read the sticky post about the counter damage section, all the damage rules were explained as much as I could.

    http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...g-game-mystery
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 02-26-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •