• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOFOLA
    Soldier
    • Jul 2014

EvE Heist fail or success?

What do you think, the goals are not level oriented as my smaller accounts have several of the same achievements as my main and the goals also appear to be class based which is good for people spread their cc out but bad for those that went all in on the newer classes. IMO this heist is a fail also since we now know what mysterious tokens are used for I'm sure many of the veteran players have no use for them now because lets face it after 4 years we've accumulated enough golden revolvers and tie breakers to start our own army.
  • Andy_CO
    Goon
    • Mar 2014

Re: EvE Heist fail or success?

Oh no, the mysterious tokens are definitely useful, since you have to combine them with golden revolvers/omakase/etc. to give the attack and defense bonuses to your various affiliated lieutenants. Actually it's pretty much like leveling them by 5 per attack/defense item, up to 5 times. I mean, yeah, you can say that having a level 200 epic boosted by another 25 levels really isn't all THAT much, and it isn't, but it's definitely a help. For example, my level 202 Vanquish is at 335/322 base attack/defense. So maxing out, takes me to 360/347. I'll take it.

Comment

• Necrofessr
      Hitman
      • Jan 2014

So far its a fail. Cant use eve tokens so cant gain points. The mini event itself is just rewards for playing the game as i would any other day so i will take that that said i cant see any pics in tech lab since update so i dont really know much about that yet

Comment

• Simplyawsomex
        Brawler
        • Aug 2013

the achievements are too easy, and the rewards aren't that good. I finished half of them in 1 war, add more harder to obtain achievements next time to make this interesting.
        Insignia Upgrade Chances
        -Under Construction-
        Chances of upgrading to : (Success/Attempts)
        Level 2: 100% (26/26)
        Level 3: 100% (26/26)
        Level 4: 96% (25/26)
        Level 5: 96% (25/26)
        Level 6: 81% (23/28)
        Level 7: 80% (23/27)
        Level 8: 74% (23/30)
        Level 9: 73% (19/26)
        Level 10: 69% (12/18)
        Level 11: 60% (12/21)
        Level 12: 38% (12/34)
        Level 13: 39% (12/27)
        Level 14: 35% (12/36)
        Level 15: 29% (12/36)

Comment

• Andy_CO
          Goon
          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Necrofessr View Post
          So far its a fail. Cant use eve tokens so cant gain points. The mini event itself is just rewards for playing the game as i would any other day so i will take that that said i cant see any pics in tech lab since update so i dont really know much about that yet
          They should be in your tech lab. They are on all of my toons, and I have a combination of iOS/Android across them. Collapse "Ready to Build", and you should see "Mysterious Shop (New)" as the second category.

In any case, I would say it's just too early to say it's a pass or fail, but it's not a fail in any event, as it's something that is brand new and will eventually have the kinks worked out. Now, if it's a hot mess, and they come back and do the exact same thing in 3 months or whatever, then I will likely be a bit annoyed. But not horribly so. Anything any of us gets out of this can just be considered gravy.

Comment

• John0897
            Goon
            • Apr 2013

I've always wanted more content to encourage more logins. I'll b making more of an effort to attend off time wars. It bugs me that people say the event is bad because they can't get all 10. Who cares if you get all ten? Maybe release more levels for each achievement type. Then there is no expectation to finish, you can specialize more.

Any event like this is a success in my mind.

Ps my empire had no lag or problems in eve

Comment

• whois
              Goon
              • Aug 2016

How can this be considered a fail?

- It is new content, which we all have been clamoring for.
              - It is a FREE event. You play as normal with no spend.
              - Maybe the items are not some super OP awesome legendary epical mowd that only ***I*** can obtain and no one else can. BUT, the items do offer an improvement AND again they are free.
              - Gaea has also shown a willingness to LISTEN to the player base and make adjustments based on feedback. Perhaps we will see many different types of heists AND changes or improvements for this particular heist in the future. As an example, I'd like to see a reward based off of points accumulated. That is another achievement that only requires activity which should be obtainable for all player types.

This is definitely a success. Hopefully, it will also encourage new players and / or players who do not spend any or much.

PLUS, it is kind of obviously designed to help draw more actives into EvE, even if only so that they do not fall behind in power compared to empire players. More actives and incentives for EvE is also something the community has been wanting for quite some time.

If anyone thinks it is a fail, feel free to sit it out. Those of us who participate will not complain at all

Comment

• Allwyn
                Hitman
                • Dec 2016

Its a pass.... you only have to be active... these are special for those players who were complaining the previous heist...First its free you need not spend anything on this and you easily get 5-6 shards.

Comment

• Mist
                  Retired Game Guru
                  • Jan 2013

I think it's a good event. Consider that heists will be a regular feature if successful. That means if you miss out a few goals now you can get the missed out shards etc again later. The shop is a Good idea but needs better items imo maybe exclusive epic lts to collect as well. Make the shop more interesting and I am sold
                  sigpic

Comment

• joetaxi
                    Goon
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Mist View Post
                    I think it's a good event. Consider that heists will be a regular feature if successful. That means if you miss out a few goals now you can get the missed out shards etc again later. The shop is a Good idea but needs better items imo maybe exclusive epic lts to collect as well. Make the shop more interesting and I am sold
                    Good event in the sense that nothing special to do and no need to use real money. However, no epic shard, as far as I can see, and the mysterious token, which now we know what is for, is not possible to get for the majority of people (if 10/10 achievement). Also it encourages rogue players, trying to get most kills (even if no sin/reaper), use packs when not the main defender in a building...

For bugs, we had tripped, nurses busy (that took down our hospital with still hp left).

So good, but could be better.
                    One thing they could do is to renew the achievements once done (or after 24 hours) with increased threshold (let's say, the first demo dmg at 4k becomes 6k, then 8k...).

And may be doing the 9 wars of 9 will give a mysterious token lease:

Comment

• Ogre180
                      Lieutenant
                      • Aug 2013

I think the event is a success. Let's face it, its an event, its something different and its free. You are getting something for participating in wars that you would be anyway. A little hiccup in the beginning with lag and tripping but they sorted it out and now its working fine. think of this as a live beta test and if it works we will likely see this implemented more often moving forward.

Comment

Yeppity yep!
                        Originally posted by Ogre180 View Post
                        I think the event is a success. Let's face it, its an event, its something different and its free. You are getting something for participating in wars that you would be anyway. A little hiccup in the beginning with lag and tripping but they sorted it out and now its working fine. think of this as a live beta test and if it works we will likely see this implemented more often moving forward.

Comment

• Bungboy
                          Hitman
                          • Aug 2013

I like the EvE heist and the fact that it's free is fantastic, but the rewards are too small. There honestly needs to be at least 1-2 epic shards for completing all 10 achievements. I know it's a free event but if we're only going to get heists once per month (I'm hoping they become much, much more frequent, like at least once per week), then it's just silly to have a heist with zero epic shards. I only got 2 epic shards from heist #1 and I spent my all my refills on it. It's going to take 2 years to finish 1 epic crate roll at this rate.
                          The ideal reward rate in my opinion, players should expect to be able to get 1 rare crate roll per month and 1 epic crate roll per 3-4 months, assuming you have 100% participation in the heists. As for the mysterious tokens/faction weapons, I'm gonna avoid those. I'm saving my tokens in hopes that higher tier weapons get released.
                          Overall being a free event and free shards I'd say it is a success. We don't have to spend money to get the rewards for this one. But it definitely needs improvements for the future.

Comment

• Xcali1985
                            Head Boss
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Ogre180 View Post
                            Agree. One thing I would change is what one above suggested. Move mysterious token to 9 wars. As a reward for partaking in the Max required eves. It's going to be hard for a lot of people to get 10/10 due to empire placement. No one is going to let players in the bottom of the HQ take packs.

Should remove that one and change it to tokens spent to increase activity throughout war.

Comment

• Massmurder
                              Consigliere
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                              Agree. One thing I would change is what one above suggested. Move mysterious token to 9 wars. As a reward for partaking in the Max required eves. It's going to be hard for a lot of people to get 10/10 due to empire placement. No one is going to let players in the bottom of the HQ take packs.

Should remove that one and change it to tokens spent to increase activity throughout war.
                              In the stickied post Duke says 9 wars challenge earns the token👍

Comment

Working...
                              X