• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irish
    Brawler
    • Apr 2016

Re: Defusionizer

As scary as it is to disagree with someone that has the clout of Alpha I unfortunately have to on this point. I think lieutenants should stay the way they are. If you have something you dont want or need then you just fuse it away. The people who would benefit the most from this move are older toons, futhering the huge gap between the big and small. What i would propose insted of an unfuser would be a star dropper. A free/cheap option to lower a lieutenants star so that you can fuse it away at a lower star. That way no one can say there are lieutenants laying around and unusable. I know it seems like "why would anyone want that, that isnt fair!" But it shouldnt be fair, its an option, that you do not have to use, but is available.

Comment

• Irish
      Brawler
      • Apr 2016

Ok, but the problem is there has to be something lost, something you give up, you sacrifice, in order to make it possible but not always worth it. And fp dont count. Maybe you could implement a way to defuse a lieutenant but you dont get to keep it. Like say you have a 3 star whiplash, if you split it you get two blank two star epic fusing lieutenants. They have no power or use besides being used for fusion. So say you have a two star z virus, you can use those blank 2 star epics and fuse up z virus. You unfused a lieutenant, and was able to use it to fuse up something else, but you lose the lieutenant. there has to be something you lose besides fp. Most people on here might not agree but i see the unfusing thing as a move that neither improves gameplay or balance..like i said before you can still always fuse a lieutenant away if you dont like it anymore.

Comment

• Ramaria2
        Soldier
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Irish View Post
        As scary as it is to disagree with someone that has the clout of Alpha I unfortunately have to on this point. I think lieutenants should stay the way they are. If you have something you dont want or need then you just fuse it away. The people who would benefit the most from this move are older toons, futhering the huge gap between the big and small. What i would propose insted of an unfuser would be a star dropper. A free/cheap option to lower a lieutenants star so that you can fuse it away at a lower star. That way no one can say there are lieutenants laying around and unusable. I know it seems like "why would anyone want that, that isnt fair!" But it shouldnt be fair, its an option, that you do not have to use, but is available.
        Why fusing them away isent an option for many... future changes of a lts ability.
        Think of those fusing away Mastermind, they changed him from only adding stam to be 2x stam used.

Or, if game mechanics change and a previous mediocre lt now becomes a great one.

Or, in case of an event lt that might not get recycled.

A reply to my post might include "just roll them again if u fused them away". My answer to such a remark would be "I wish it was that easy".

My alt tried to get Baron for a year. Got it through event, then rolled one second with the crate roll reward. Has tried to get Alpha for 3. Hyena for 2.

Game knows what would benefit u, what u keep coming back to roll for and those are the lts that keeps lure u. All in the name of balance of the game.

So if I starred up out of date lts there is still a part of me that do not want to go through the struggle to achieve that first copy again.

I still personally believe that a defusionizer would help everyone in game. Not just a few. Nor do I think it would unbalance game. And like showed by many it could also render income to Gaea.

When people suggested stats transfers long ago there where also people raising their voices claiming that it would unbalance game. I think it has shown to be untrue.

I'm confident that Gaea would and could achieve the same with a Defusionizer.

Ramaria 🌺
        Last edited by Ramaria2; 09-26-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Xcali1985
          Head Boss
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Ramaria2 View Post
          Why fusing them away isent an option for many... future changes of a lts ability.
          Think of those fusing away Mastermind, they changed him from only adding stam to be 2x stam used.

Or, if game mechanics change and a previous mediocre lt now becomes a great one.

Or, in case of an event lt that might not get recycled.

A reply to my post might include "just roll them again if u fused them away". My answer to such a remark would be "I wish it was that easy".

My alt tried to get Baron for a year. Got it through event, then rolled one second with the crate roll reward. Has tried to get Alpha for 3. Hyena for 2.

Game knows what would benefit u, what u keep coming back to roll for and those are the lts that keeps lure u. All in the name of balance of the game.

So if I starred up out of date lts there is still a part of me that do not want to go through the struggle to achieve that first copy again.

I still personally believe that a defusionizer would help everyone in game. Not just a few. Nor do I think it would unbalance game. And like showed by many it could also render income to Gaea.

When people suggested stats transfers long ago there where also people raising their voices claiming that it would unbalance game. I think it has shown to be untrue.

I'm confident that Gaea would and could achieve the same with a Defusionizer.

Ramaria 🌺
          Players have a bad habit of saying what will break a game without the ability to run simulations or access to the data.

Comment

• Irish
            Brawler
            • Apr 2016

Like i said before if you want to defuse a lt bad enough you take the consequences that may come along with it. one of those consequences could be that the power may change in the future to something that seems more desirable. Thats the sacrifice you make because some of your lieutenants seem so unusable you want to lower thier rank and fuse them away. I never said a defuser would break the game, i just said it primarily benefits the older, more powerful toons out there, like alpha, who have 10 billion 9 star toons. You lower the value of newer lieutenants that may be better than older ones by allowing people to easily dissassemble and reassemble thier lineups to incorporate all the newest/ best powers without sacrificing something for it. All games usually have better and better stuff that comes out the longer the game has been active. This newer stuff should be earned and improved the same way the stuff before it was earned and improved. With a slow grind and sacrifice😀

Comment

• alpha6776
              Goon
              • Nov 2015

Like i said before if you want to defuse a lt bad enough you take the consequences that may come along with it. one of those consequences could be that the power may change in the future to something that seems more desirable. Thats the sacrifice you make because some of your lieutenants seem so unusable you want to lower thier rank and fuse them away. I never said a defuser would break the game, i just said it primarily benefits the older, more powerful toons out there, like alpha, who have 10 billion 9 star toons. You lower the value of newer lieutenants that may be better than older ones by allowing people to easily dissassemble and reassemble thier lineups to incorporate all the newest/ best powers without sacrificing something for it. All games usually have better and better stuff that comes out the longer the game has been active. This newer stuff should be earned and improved the same way the stuff before it was earned and improved. With a slow grind and sacrifice😀
              Irish,

While I understand your comments, I respectfully disagree with the analysis for the foregoing reasons:

First, while I (and many others) have many 9* rare, uncommon and common lts, they are unfusable as they are maxed. As you know, you can't fuse a 9* lieutenant, so they just collect dust;

Second, in order to uncombine and use one or two of the resulting uncombined lieutenants, one would still need to roll crates to have the base LT to fuse up;

Third, changes in game mechanics, etc. often dramatically reduce the effectivity of a lieutenants powers. For example, I have an 8* spectre. The HQ superpower limits damage to 2,000 which neutered my intent in fusing up an event lieutenant that literally cost more to build than my first car;

Fourth, Gaea should be looking to reward its oldest players and most prolific spenders. We have provided the revenue that drives game development and helped build the game and community. We should not be at a disadvantage ingame because we have "invested" the most for the longest in UE; and

Finally, given my level and lieutenants it is unlikely that anything Gaea might change materially changes my toon versus you or other, or imbalances the game in toto. All players would be afforded the same opportunity to uncombine and re-use the uncombined lieutenants. This doesn't change the game dynamic but rather changes composition of lieutenants used ingame.

As such, I reiterate my request for an uncombine function that is similar to stat transfer. I have no problem with a scalable cost and see this proposal as a win/win for the community and Gaea.

Very truly yours,

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Mainevent
                Goon
                • Oct 2014

Very well said and explained, Alpha.

Nothing more to add, except that Gaea finally makes it possible.

BR
                Main

Comment

• Irish
                  Brawler
                  • Apr 2016

Originally posted by alpha6776 View Post
                  Irish,

While I understand your comments, I respectfully disagree with the analysis for the foregoing reasons:

First, while I (and many others) have many 9* rare, uncommon and common lts, they are unfusable as they are maxed. As you know, you can't fuse a 9* lieutenant, so they just collect dust;

Second, in order to uncombine and use one or two of the resulting uncombined lieutenants, one would still need to roll crates to have the base LT to fuse up;

Third, changes in game mechanics, etc. often dramatically reduce the effectivity of a lieutenants powers. For example, I have an 8* spectre. The HQ superpower limits damage to 2,000 which neutered my intent in fusing up an event lieutenant that literally cost more to build than my first car;

Fourth, Gaea should be looking to reward its oldest players and most prolific spenders. We have provided the revenue that drives game development and helped build the game and community. We should not be at a disadvantage ingame because we have "invested" the most for the longest in UE; and

Finally, given my level and lieutenants it is unlikely that anything Gaea might change materially changes my toon versus you or other, or imbalances the game in toto. All players would be afforded the same opportunity to uncombine and re-use the uncombined lieutenants. This doesn't change the game dynamic but rather changes composition of lieutenants used ingame.

As such, I reiterate my request for an uncombine function that is similar to stat transfer. I have no problem with a scalable cost and see this proposal as a win/win for the community and Gaea.

Very truly yours,

⚡️Alpha⚡️
                  I understand your points aswell and let me clarify by saying i think uncombining isnt bad, i can see how i would like to shuffle my party around and maximize the potential of newly acquired lieutenants. I even offered several solutions in the form of a star dropper or an uncombiner that gives you lieutenants that are only usable for fusing up other lieutenants.
                  Where we disagree is that you feel like you should be able to reverse a game mechanic by paying favor points but not sacrificing anything else. I think if you have 9 stars that are "collecting dust" then you would be willing to lose that lieutenant in order to star up a more desired one. Basically the game mechanic could be changed to allow you to raise the star of a lieutenant by combining it with a lieutenant that is of the same rarity but is a higher star. So this allows you to utilize any higher starred lieutenant of a particular rarity to raise the star of a lower star lieutenant of the same rarity. This solves the problem of unusable 9 star lieutenants, maintains the value of newly released lieutenants, puts no one at a disadvantage as it is available to everyone and rewards older players by providing them with an option that was otherwise unavailable. Its the same concept as fusing up a lieutenant. Its more expensive and some times wont be worth it. But its there, and available to use if you think it is worth it.

Comment

• Ramaria2
                    Soldier
                    • Nov 2014

I'm trying to see it from your point of vue Irish. Not to critique it, but to understand it. What comes to mind is that your suggestion "uses up" the entire starred lt, no copy left to save for the future should game change. There lays my biggest hesitation to your suggestion.

Comment

• Daz Hأ¸nz
                      Goon
                      • Apr 2016

+1

I'm tired of looking at my high star Lts that can't be used for nothing. Defuse with FP or obtain through boss/jobs like stat converters or something. If I get the Lts used to fuse up, great. But I would be happy with just 2x the same Lt at one star down. Peace!

Comment

• alpha6776
                        Goon
                        • Nov 2015

Where we disagree is that you feel like you should be able to reverse a game mechanic by paying favor points but not sacrificing anything else. I think if you have 9 stars that are "collecting dust" then you would be willing to lose that lieutenant in order to star up a more desired one. Basically the game mechanic could be changed to allow you to raise the star of a lieutenant by combining it with a lieutenant that is of the same rarity but is a higher star. So this allows you to utilize any higher starred lieutenant of a particular rarity to raise the star of a lower star lieutenant of the same rarity. This solves the problem of unusable 9 star lieutenants, maintains the value of newly released lieutenants, puts no one at a disadvantage as it is available to everyone and rewards older players by providing them with an option that was otherwise unavailable. Its the same concept as fusing up a lieutenant. Its more expensive and some times wont be worth it. But its there, and available to use if you think it is worth it.
                        Irish,

I understand your rationale. I am hopeful that the devs will chime in here and give us their thoughts.

I would argue that the fact that one would need to fuse the uncombined LT already makes this an expensive proposition so that is the penalty (especially if combined with a FP cost for the uncombiner tube). Further, to the extent the uncombined LT is an event LT, they have already cost a small fortune to fuse up...I may not want to entirely lose the lieutenant but rather would use him/her at a lower star level to the benefit of starring up a more desireable lieutenant.

This game is expensive and those that spend less are always going to be at a disadvantage to those that overspend. Art imitates reality as does UE.

The current game configuration places the senior players at a disadvantage as if you have been playing longer you have accumulated more and more obsolete lieutenants as game mechanics and lieutenants with innovative (and often better) powers have been released. As I said, this means the older players who spent more earlier lose the benefit of being first, spending more, etc. My proposal means that we would at least have the option of uncombining and creating fuse fodder (which as you know, fusing is twice as expensive as combining).

Very truly yours,

⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Daz Hأ¸nz
                          Goon
                          • Apr 2016

Defuse! Defuse! That's all, thanks.

Comment

• alpha6776
                            Goon
                            • Nov 2015

Duke,

Can we expect a formal response to this thread?

Very truly yours,
                            ⚡️Alpha⚡️

Comment

• Xcali1985
                              Head Boss
                              • Jun 2013

Alpha is 100% right. LTs that we’re considered critical to the game have become dust collectors. Time energy and money wasting away. As the game has progressed LTs like OK, Ace, etc have changed the way it’s played and I feel we should be able to adjust accordingly.

I’ve been very vocal in the past about dumping the fusion tubes. I think it’s pointless and cheapens the drops.

This game is basically an expensive test session. You spend hundreds if not thousands to level up a LT to only find out the benefit isn’t exactly as described or it’s not working as you thought.

There is virtually no way to test and see if you can maximize your LTs towards enforcer or sniper unless you spend the time and money to level them and then find out that the combination of LTs don’t work so well together.

Comment

• Ramaria2
                                Soldier
                                • Nov 2014

Devs?
                                What are your thoughts on the matter?

Comment

Working...
                                X