Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Defusionizer

  1. #21
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Like i said before if you want to defuse a lt bad enough you take the consequences that may come along with it. one of those consequences could be that the power may change in the future to something that seems more desirable. Thats the sacrifice you make because some of your lieutenants seem so unusable you want to lower thier rank and fuse them away. I never said a defuser would break the game, i just said it primarily benefits the older, more powerful toons out there, like alpha, who have 10 billion 9 star toons. You lower the value of newer lieutenants that may be better than older ones by allowing people to easily dissassemble and reassemble thier lineups to incorporate all the newest/ best powers without sacrificing something for it. All games usually have better and better stuff that comes out the longer the game has been active. This newer stuff should be earned and improved the same way the stuff before it was earned and improved. With a slow grind and sacrifice😀
    Irish,

    While I understand your comments, I respectfully disagree with the analysis for the foregoing reasons:

    First, while I (and many others) have many 9* rare, uncommon and common lts, they are unfusable as they are maxed. As you know, you can't fuse a 9* lieutenant, so they just collect dust;

    Second, in order to uncombine and use one or two of the resulting uncombined lieutenants, one would still need to roll crates to have the base LT to fuse up;

    Third, changes in game mechanics, etc. often dramatically reduce the effectivity of a lieutenants powers. For example, I have an 8* spectre. The HQ superpower limits damage to 2,000 which neutered my intent in fusing up an event lieutenant that literally cost more to build than my first car;

    Fourth, Gaea should be looking to reward its oldest players and most prolific spenders. We have provided the revenue that drives game development and helped build the game and community. We should not be at a disadvantage ingame because we have "invested" the most for the longest in UE; and

    Finally, given my level and lieutenants it is unlikely that anything Gaea might change materially changes my toon versus you or other, or imbalances the game in toto. All players would be afforded the same opportunity to uncombine and re-use the uncombined lieutenants. This doesn't change the game dynamic but rather changes composition of lieutenants used ingame.

    As such, I reiterate my request for an uncombine function that is similar to stat transfer. I have no problem with a scalable cost and see this proposal as a win/win for the community and Gaea.

    Very truly yours,

    ⚡️Alpha⚡️

  2. #22

    Re: Defusionizer

    Very well said and explained, Alpha.

    Nothing more to add, except that Gaea finally makes it possible.

    BR
    Main

  3. #23

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    Irish,

    While I understand your comments, I respectfully disagree with the analysis for the foregoing reasons:

    First, while I (and many others) have many 9* rare, uncommon and common lts, they are unfusable as they are maxed. As you know, you can't fuse a 9* lieutenant, so they just collect dust;

    Second, in order to uncombine and use one or two of the resulting uncombined lieutenants, one would still need to roll crates to have the base LT to fuse up;

    Third, changes in game mechanics, etc. often dramatically reduce the effectivity of a lieutenants powers. For example, I have an 8* spectre. The HQ superpower limits damage to 2,000 which neutered my intent in fusing up an event lieutenant that literally cost more to build than my first car;

    Fourth, Gaea should be looking to reward its oldest players and most prolific spenders. We have provided the revenue that drives game development and helped build the game and community. We should not be at a disadvantage ingame because we have "invested" the most for the longest in UE; and

    Finally, given my level and lieutenants it is unlikely that anything Gaea might change materially changes my toon versus you or other, or imbalances the game in toto. All players would be afforded the same opportunity to uncombine and re-use the uncombined lieutenants. This doesn't change the game dynamic but rather changes composition of lieutenants used ingame.

    As such, I reiterate my request for an uncombine function that is similar to stat transfer. I have no problem with a scalable cost and see this proposal as a win/win for the community and Gaea.

    Very truly yours,

    ⚡️Alpha⚡️
    I understand your points aswell and let me clarify by saying i think uncombining isnt bad, i can see how i would like to shuffle my party around and maximize the potential of newly acquired lieutenants. I even offered several solutions in the form of a star dropper or an uncombiner that gives you lieutenants that are only usable for fusing up other lieutenants.
    Where we disagree is that you feel like you should be able to reverse a game mechanic by paying favor points but not sacrificing anything else. I think if you have 9 stars that are "collecting dust" then you would be willing to lose that lieutenant in order to star up a more desired one. Basically the game mechanic could be changed to allow you to raise the star of a lieutenant by combining it with a lieutenant that is of the same rarity but is a higher star. So this allows you to utilize any higher starred lieutenant of a particular rarity to raise the star of a lower star lieutenant of the same rarity. This solves the problem of unusable 9 star lieutenants, maintains the value of newly released lieutenants, puts no one at a disadvantage as it is available to everyone and rewards older players by providing them with an option that was otherwise unavailable. Its the same concept as fusing up a lieutenant. Its more expensive and some times wont be worth it. But its there, and available to use if you think it is worth it.

  4. #24

    Re: Defusionizer

    I'm trying to see it from your point of vue Irish. Not to critique it, but to understand it. What comes to mind is that your suggestion "uses up" the entire starred lt, no copy left to save for the future should game change. There lays my biggest hesitation to your suggestion.

  5. #25

    Re: Defusionizer

    +1

    I'm tired of looking at my high star Lts that can't be used for nothing. Defuse with FP or obtain through boss/jobs like stat converters or something. If I get the Lts used to fuse up, great. But I would be happy with just 2x the same Lt at one star down. Peace!

  6. #26
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Where we disagree is that you feel like you should be able to reverse a game mechanic by paying favor points but not sacrificing anything else. I think if you have 9 stars that are "collecting dust" then you would be willing to lose that lieutenant in order to star up a more desired one. Basically the game mechanic could be changed to allow you to raise the star of a lieutenant by combining it with a lieutenant that is of the same rarity but is a higher star. So this allows you to utilize any higher starred lieutenant of a particular rarity to raise the star of a lower star lieutenant of the same rarity. This solves the problem of unusable 9 star lieutenants, maintains the value of newly released lieutenants, puts no one at a disadvantage as it is available to everyone and rewards older players by providing them with an option that was otherwise unavailable. Its the same concept as fusing up a lieutenant. Its more expensive and some times wont be worth it. But its there, and available to use if you think it is worth it.
    Irish,

    I understand your rationale. I am hopeful that the devs will chime in here and give us their thoughts.

    I would argue that the fact that one would need to fuse the uncombined LT already makes this an expensive proposition so that is the penalty (especially if combined with a FP cost for the uncombiner tube). Further, to the extent the uncombined LT is an event LT, they have already cost a small fortune to fuse up...I may not want to entirely lose the lieutenant but rather would use him/her at a lower star level to the benefit of starring up a more desireable lieutenant.

    This game is expensive and those that spend less are always going to be at a disadvantage to those that overspend. Art imitates reality as does UE.

    The current game configuration places the senior players at a disadvantage as if you have been playing longer you have accumulated more and more obsolete lieutenants as game mechanics and lieutenants with innovative (and often better) powers have been released. As I said, this means the older players who spent more earlier lose the benefit of being first, spending more, etc. My proposal means that we would at least have the option of uncombining and creating fuse fodder (which as you know, fusing is twice as expensive as combining).

    Very truly yours,

    ⚡️Alpha⚡️

  7. #27

    Re: Defusionizer

    Defuse! Defuse! That's all, thanks.

  8. #28
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    Duke,

    Can we expect a formal response to this thread?

    Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️

  9. #29

    Re: Defusionizer

    Alpha is 100% right. LTs that weíre considered critical to the game have become dust collectors. Time energy and money wasting away. As the game has progressed LTs like OK, Ace, etc have changed the way itís played and I feel we should be able to adjust accordingly.

    Iíve been very vocal in the past about dumping the fusion tubes. I think itís pointless and cheapens the drops.

    This game is basically an expensive test session. You spend hundreds if not thousands to level up a LT to only find out the benefit isnít exactly as described or itís not working as you thought.

    There is virtually no way to test and see if you can maximize your LTs towards enforcer or sniper unless you spend the time and money to level them and then find out that the combination of LTs donít work so well together.

  10. #30

    Re: Defusionizer

    Devs?
    What are your thoughts on the matter?

  11. #31
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post

    This game is basically an expensive test session. You spend hundreds if not thousands to level up a LT to only find out the benefit isnít exactly as described or itís not working as you thought.

    There is virtually no way to test and see if you can maximize your LTs towards enforcer or sniper unless you spend the time and money to level them and then find out that the combination of LTs donít work so well together.
    I could not agree more. I have starred up many an LT that just didnít work either as described or as well as I anticipated only to be forced to fuse away. An ďun-combinerĒ would at least help mitigate the incredible cost of fusing away a high starred LT that either doesnít perform as expected or has become neutered by a game mechanic change (ie. HQ superpower that limits damage to 2,000 player damage).

    Can we get a dev response to this thread?

    Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️

  12. #32

    Re: Defusionizer

    I completely agree that we need some way to de-star lieutenants. The game changes over time and lieutenants become obsolete and no longer useful. An idea could be that you pay a 1-star copy of the lieutenant to defuse. I.e, you have a 6-star lieutenant and you receive a 5,4,3,2, & 1 star. Alternatively, you could make it a combination FP/item cost and simply uncombine the lieutenants.

  13. #33

    Re: Defusionizer

    I believe this or the market idea I proposed would be a reasonable solution to the problems caused by changing mechanics or adding new mechanics that render old mechanics useless.

  14. #34

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I believe this or the market idea I proposed would be a reasonable solution to the problems caused by changing mechanics or adding new mechanics that render old mechanics useless.
    Most useless skill in the game is mark target. Wonder whatís the most useless LT skill now.

  15. #35

    Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaria2 View Post
    Devs?
    What are your thoughts on the matter?
    Since there has been no answer from devs I'm gonna asume that defusionizers are being considered. A plain "no" would be easy to post.

    So why the silence?

    On that I'm gonna asume again. Maybe there arent a koherant suggestion yet?

    Player base has come up with a number of different solutions. Pic anyone.

    My concern is this. It seems devs are trying to balance new game mechanics or new lts with new powers with even more lts with new powers to balance previous ones. Its a path I don't prefer. I can see why its done. For me it spells money.

    With this post I wanna share why I think it wont give as much revenue as u might hope.

    It has to do with the path I described earlier. When players realise that its no use in starring up an expensive epic due to constant changes, then they wont because of the roi. A bad investment makes people reluctant to spend.

    There must be a way for players to defuse.

    A player who spent a good amount of money to star something up only to find it being countered by a new game mechanic or a new lt might just get sick of the game and give up. They might think "whats the use.." "why bother". The result then could be that they quit game or quit spending.

    I'm afraid that devs are overlooking this. Maybe devs have data that provs me wrong. But thats current numbers. I'm asking devs to please think ahead. To please listen to the players

    Kindest Regards Ramaria 🌺

  16. #36
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    Duke,

    I have hundreds of items disappearing from my inventory as Iím trying to build Mafia and Street Medals on Honor...this is totally unacceptable. I am missing a shitload of laser and welders...Iím starting to tire of this nonsense and if you want me to keep spending then things need to change...Scythe nerf...didnít bitch; Spectre nerf (super power intro) didnít bitch, Ace nerf...didnít bitch; no response to un-combine thread... didnít bitch...now Iím gonna bitch and Iím gonna get other spenders onto my bandwagon...introduce uncombiner...now. Fix my inventory now, stop changing LT powers now or Iím gonna stop spending and start bitching to Apple...Many thousands last month alone...want my money to keep flowing...Gaea needs to get their shÓt together.

    Chelsea, ban my IP and Iíll farm that weak ass toon of yours into oblivion...try me.

    Very truly yours,⚡️Alpha⚡️
    Last edited by alpha6776; 10-28-2017 at 12:32 PM.

  17. #37
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    And yeah Chelsea Iím flaming your forum cause I am fkn pissed off...deal with it...say something cute here and I promise you...you will have the highest loss count ingame bar none...#truth
    Last edited by alpha6776; 10-28-2017 at 07:06 AM.

  18. #38
    Goon
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    56

    Re: Defusionizer

    I self deleted the previous posts as they were poorly drafted and inappropriate.. Suffice it to say, Iím disappointed with the lack of response from the devs on this string and many others I have commented on and displeased with the continuous nerfs ingame.

    I plan to adjust my spending accordingly until those issues are resolved and limit my interactions here on the forums until Gaea decides that they want to take feedback more seriously and actually integrate that feedback into the game.

    Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️

  19. #39

    Consigliere Game Guru

    chelsea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,640

    Re: Defusionizer

    Alpha,
    I just woke up this morning and will respond to your posts. I received lots of mail in my box wondering why i allowed your posts go unanswered and why you are allowed to threaten people on forums so i undeleted your posts to respond to them openly now.

    1st off, no one is above forum rules.

    2ndly, You threatening me on forums out of anger or whatever reasons is one i would leave to the Games Developers and Forum Administrators to handle so the whole player base can see how the Developers and owners of this game choose to act in such a situation.

    Any issues you have with the game can be posted constructively on threads to address this issue.

    I am effectively closing this thread now until Duke or Someone in GAEA comes on here to address your posts and issue.



    Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    Duke,

    I have hundreds of items disappearing from my inventory as I’m trying to build Mafia and Street Medals on Honor...this is totally unacceptable. I am missing a shitload of laser and welders...I’m starting to tire of this nonsense and if you want me to keep spending then things need to change...Scythe nerf...didn’t bitch; Spectre nerf (super power intro) didn’t bitch, Ace nerf...didn’t bitch; no response to un-combine thread... didn’t bitch...now I’m gonna bitch and I’m gonna get other spenders onto my bandwagon...introduce uncombiner...now. Fix my inventory now, stop changing LT powers now or I’m gonna stop spending and start bitching to Apple...Many thousands last month alone...want my money to keep flowing...Gaea needs to get their shÓt together.

    Chelsea, ban my IP and I’ll farm that weak ass toon of yours into oblivion...try me.

    Very truly yours,⚡️Alpha⚡️


    Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    And yeah Chelsea I’m flaming your forum cause I am fkn pissed off...deal with it...say something cute here and I promise you...you will have the highest loss count ingame bar none...#truth


    Quote Originally Posted by alpha6776 View Post
    I self deleted the previous posts as they were poorly drafted and inappropriate.. Suffice it to say, I’m disappointed with the lack of response from the devs on this string and many others I have commented on and displeased with the continuous nerfs ingame.

    I plan to adjust my spending accordingly until those issues are resolved and limit my interactions here on the forums until Gaea decides that they want to take feedback more seriously and actually integrate that feedback into the game.

    Very truly yours,
    ⚡️Alpha⚡️
    Last edited by chelsea; 10-28-2017 at 04:58 PM.

  20. #40

    Lightbulb Re: Defusionizer

    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Alpha,
    I just woke up this morning and will respond to your posts. I received lots of mail in my box wondering why i allowed your posts go unanswered and why you are allowed to threaten people on forums so i undeleted your posts to respond to them openly now.

    1st off, no one is above forum rules.

    2ndly, You threatening me on forums out of anger or whatever reasons is one i would leave to the Games Developers and Forum Administrators to handle so the whole player base can see how the Developers and owners of this game choose to act in such a situation.

    Any issues you have with the game can be posted constructively on threads to address this issue.

    I am effectively closing this thread now until Duke or Someone in GAEA comes on here to address your posts and issue.
    No one is above forum rules and anyone break the forum TOS should be punished. And I do think alpha6776 has broken TOS and He will got a 14 days ban.
    Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game. We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.
    I apologize for Dev's delayed reply, actually I came here everyday after work but that seems not enough. I will try my best to maintain this place peace and friendly. Hope everyone have fun and get what they want from here.
    One more thing is please don't contact me through forum if you got something lose, I will never reply Threads and PMs with this kind of topic. PLEASE contact CS team in game. Bug reports and suggestions are still welcomed!

    Yours,
    UWE_Duke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •