Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The issue with France heist event

Re: The issue with France heist event

Quote Originally Posted by oSinnerx View Post

Furthermore, if you want to grow the community, you have to answer to all its people, even the little guy. That meaning, an equal/ fair~challenging environment for everyone. Give it to the lower lvls to have a chance and get actively engaged in the game to find some enjoyment out of it and in-turn they continue playing, putting money into the game and providing the next big change for all to enjoy.
    I agree and I'm not advocating against giving free things to new players. Why would I? This is what they should be doing. Epic crate rolls should be obtainable for everyone so everyone can have fun. But I have very valid complaints here that are not being addressed.

1. This is a weekly event, something that's going to be here regularly.. and ONLY the new players benefit from it unless something gets changed. My level 977 with 2300E literally cannot get a single epic shard without using refills or spending. Sorry but high levels are customers too, and we want to participate all the same. The scaling needs adjustments or else everyone including me is going 10k energy build.

2. This is the big one for me tbh. Heists were being hyped up as something all players could participate in fairly and equally, and this simply is not the case. This is not "equal/fair" in the slightest and this is quite evident from the numbers I and others have given. Challenging sure, maybe for my wallet. In order for heists to be fair, both low levels and high levels alike need to have identical opportunities to get identical numbers of shards and mysterious tokens.
    Last edited by Babaju2; 01-12-2017 at 07:42 AM.

I think the mini events are great. No need to spend. It gives you free stuff eventually. For free. If you want to spend u get stuff quicker. I recently lost my lvl 500 to 600 sniper in the empire krew due to relationship problems. Got a new toon now and its fun. New players cant compete woth old toons. In these they can. And that brings money to the company

Quote Originally Posted by Babaju2 View Post
    I agree and I'm not advocating against giving free things to new players. Why would I? This is what they should be doing. Epic crate rolls should be obtainable for everyone so everyone can have fun. But I have very valid complaints here that are not being addressed.

1. This is a weekly event, something that's going to be here regularly.. and ONLY the new players benefit from it unless something gets changed. My level 977 with 2300E literally cannot get a single epic shard without using refills or spending. Sorry but high levels are customers too, and we want to participate all the same. The scaling needs adjustments or else everyone including me is going 10k energy build.

2. This is the big one for me tbh. Heists were being hyped up as something all players could participate in fairly and equally, and this simply is not the case. This is not "equal/fair" in the slightest and this is quite evident from the numbers I and others have given. Challenging sure, maybe for my wallet. In order for heists to be fair, both low levels and high levels alike need to have identical opportunities to get identical numbers of shards and mysterious tokens.
    If 2000E is the high and 200E is the low then that should be the scale. If hey want it to take 10 total refills no matter the amount of energy then that's how they need to scale it IMHO.

I think where the flaw comes in is that they based off level as well and due to the different builds its not equal.

While lower levels who go LSI out the gate will always have an advantage on energy and stamina events because the level gap is much smaller. There is no way to fix that without hurting new players. That part is no different than it has been.

It's just the design of the game to make it a more and more painful grind as you progress to bring you over to the pay side.

.Now, I have a lvl 560 bsi with a grand 501 energy. I've chosen to play my toon loyally and event after the scaling posted, my lvl 760 Lsi with 1950 energy STILL completed the area in few fills averaging to 1 full load of energy compared to the 2 full loads on my bsi. With that there, a higher lvl with more energy still be out my low lvl bsi thus showing that the lower lvled are still in just as much of the bigs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaju2 View Post

1. This is a weekly event, something that's going to be here regularly.. and ONLY the new players benefit from it unless something gets changed. My level 977 with 2300E literally cannot get a single epic shard without using refills or spending.

How do "ONLY the new players benefit" when I clearly stated that my lower lvl, lower energy toon has failed to complete this area in at least double the fills it took my my other account, which has nearly cleared the maximum threshold for the energy cap, and is at least 200 lvls down.

Let's take a step back and look at this. What happens when that lower lvl guy starts doing these events? He lvls up. He sees he can keep adding energy, or put into another stat. No matter what, the game still scales with them just like the already existing sea of high lvl toons. People are going to have to spend period. The high lvls. The low lvls. It doesn't matter.

How do "ONLY the new players benefit" when I clearly stated that my lower lvl, lower energy toon has failed to complete this area in at least double the fills it took my my other account, which has nearly cleared the maximum threshold for the energy cap, and is at least 200 lvls down.

Let's take a step back and look at this. What happens when that lower lvl guy starts doing these events? He lvls up. He sees he can keep adding energy, or put into another stat. No matter what, the game still scales with them just like the already existing sea of high lvl toons. People are going to have to spend period. The high lvls. The low lvls. It doesn't matter.
    I ignored this part cause it's your own fault for going BSI. Idk why you think your BSI toon is relevant in this situation, cause it isn't. BSI has always been known to have never scaled well for anything other than pvp and eve, and frankly it isn't even good for those anymore due to silver/gold jobs.. You don't have enough energy or stamina so you can't level up quickly enough for the event. You lost too many possible skillpoints from silver/gold jobs. Those all could've been put into energy/stam and allowed you to level up at a reasonable pace. You should've converted it to an LSI when the silver and gold jobs were released.

And no, people don't have to spend. Particularly new players. My minis are all LSI and they're all going to get 1-2 free epic crates within 3-8 months at this rate. Go make a new LSI and watch how easily you get to complete the event without even using refills.
    Last edited by Babaju2; 01-12-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Consigliere Game Guru

Thread is turning to a BSI vs LSI and Lower level players vs Higher level players after scanning latest posts (Tempted to get popcorn at one point ).

Both sides of the argument have points. On a good day I would side with OP but i have a pal ( shocking, right? ) who plays and is lower level and I saw the game from their perspective.

No one wants to feel cheated especially in a game like this where players are spending REAL MONEY to play ( my coworkers tease me in REAL LIFE for spending money on pixels when i play IOS games, meanies! ).

Lets keep on stating our awesome points because Devs are reading and hopefully, future heists ( if there is one? ) will be tweaked to accommodate all parties.

BANZAI!!!

NEW JOBS TO GET NEW STAT POINTS WOOOOO! Better than continually doing Slums/Westside Dice Jobs! HOORAY IF FOR NOTHING ELSE!!!!

Heists unfair for LSIs (to my knowledge)

I have a full energy build (so 2000 energy with buildings) and the heists are ridiculous for someone like me, and it's because of the scaling (I use fixer so I have the double energy spending) with this it costs me 92 energy for 5% that's about 8 hours before I can gain a 5% progress on one mission there's no way I can finish the 3 jobs let alone the event without spending while someone with half my energy can get 5% in (if scaling is correct I'm not quite sure) 4 hours instead of 8 giving them more rare crate shards and possibly epics without having to take as much time as me, how could this be fair to LSI players such as myself or anyone with high energy such as high levels low levels or high BSIs get another advantage at getting rare crates then LSI giving them more strength and making me take more time to complete the same job over time

Consigliere Game Guru

Re: Heists unfair for LSIs (to my knowledge)

Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageist56 View Post
    I have a full energy build (so 2000 energy with buildings) and the heists are ridiculous for someone like me, and it's because of the scaling (I use fixer so I have the double energy spending) with this it costs me 92 energy for 5% that's about 8 hours before I can gain a 5% progress on one mission there's no way I can finish the 3 jobs let alone the event without spending while someone with half my energy can get 5% in (if scaling is correct I'm not quite sure) 4 hours instead of 8 giving them more rare crate shards and possibly epics without having to take as much time as me, how could this be fair to LSI players such as myself or anyone with high energy such as high levels low levels or high BSIs get another advantage at getting rare crates then LSI giving them more strength and making me take more time to complete the same job over time
    Heists are unfair to LSIs (to your knowledge)? A player i know was making jokes with me about how the event favors his LSI account ( less than 1k level with 2k plus energy ) and he spent little to no FP while mine ( hybrid i guess ) has to spend alot on refills to complete jobs.

The term LSI is relative nowadays and depends on each player.

I will assume that you must have followed the below threads before making this one...

http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...ut-Jobs-Heists
    http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...ce-heist-event

This thread I am assuming was created to get a direct response from Devs but i have to say that the term 'unfair' for heists is been used not only by LSIs with your build type but by other LSIs of various build types and BSIs and Hybrids (like me that had to spend to complete jobs while others didn't ) with our own build types.

If anything, from my point of view... the event is unfair to BSIs and Hybrids while LSIs have the advantage.

The real issue here i am guessing is a combination of player level and the energy they have based on what the above threads I linked have shown.

We are all currently waiting for more insight on this topic from above 2 threads by Devs and hopefully this one now as well.

It's unfair because the energy costs for me is for example 92 energy (with fixer) to get 5% in the job and energy regenerates at a constant rate so people with a lower cost due to lower energy can complete the same percentage in less time giving them a lesser time consumption to complete each job allowing for quicker/easier completetion of the heist (again this is all my own opinion however I could just be a whining little bitch)
    Last edited by Mageist56; 01-12-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: To complete thought

Actually LSI is the best build for heists because you get to level up more quickly and frequently during the event, so you can get more levels/refills. You need to have as many stat points as in energy and stamina to get the most out of these before the time window closes.

But you do make a good point in that energy regeneration doesn't scale (yet every player gets the same amount of time to complete the event). This is why I made a different thread saying heists punish high level players. The higher your level, the longer you take to level up and get that free refill. Realistically you're not going to be able to get more than 1-2 areas done without spending. Unless your build is 10k energy.

Anyone have any idea abou how much energy is needed ?

Quote Originally Posted by fbc765 View Post
    Anyone have any idea abou how much energy is needed ?
    Someone posted a couple listings for their accounts in a thread in the To The Devs section, but no one knows how the scale is set. It could increase each job 1 energy for every 10 energy stat points over 200 or it could be every 5. I guess we could know what the max and minimum values are.

my lsi account lvl 852 (2080 energy) completed heist with 10 energy refills and 6 level ups.
    while my bsi account lvl 480(250energy)
    spend 7 energy refill and 1 level up to only go at half of job 4 .
    so i dont see where was the balance on energy cost about low level low max energy.
    long time bsi players will never have a chance unless dropping huge amount of cash on it ..i wont any .
    good luck everyone

If you're LSI in 900+ range, you're welcoming these events due to the fact there are no more jobs to do. I'll take anything! It's more SP for me!!!

I think it is better to move the content of thread like this to the bigger thread in General Discussion.

Usually we do postmortem after event ends based on player's feedback and make possible tweaks before the next event come up. If there are too many threads I guess some opinion will be missed.

For now I cannot give any comment about anything right or wrong, reasonable or unreasonable. The first job mini event is working as intended. We are pretty sure it benefits everybody, maybe more on some builds and less on other builds. Hopefully we can tweak it afterwards to make more people happy.

Brawler

So? We have no real bsi events right? Battle royale is a lvl 1000+ Event and world war based on activity.
    867495 D9C546

Consigliere Game Guru

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    I think it is better to move the content of thread like this to the bigger thread in General Discussion.

Usually we do postmortem after event ends based on player's feedback and make possible tweaks before the next event come up. If there are too many threads I guess some opinion will be missed.
    I merged the LSI thread on heists with this existing thread so we can all follow this single one since both threads are on player issues with heists for varying reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Agreed.

I merged the LSI thread on heists with this existing thread so we can all follow this single one since both threads are on player issues with heists for varying reasons.
    Thank you.

Well I finished heist. Hybrid player. Well it cost me 10 energy refills, and 5 stamina refills (so I can level up), to beat heist. I recall leveling up 764 to 771.

Well it is useful for ingame cash and the sp.

There needs to be more rewards or incentive for the heists. Like gear/weapons, free scratchers on top what is presented.
    1594dc
    362b14
    Add Me