• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pitchblack
    Lackey
    • Jan 2017

Need help deciding to go from assassin to reaper

I am a lvl 343 assassin, energy-499 stamina-497 health-206: my attack-1301 defense-51. I have heard from many people in game that its not worth it to upgrade to reaper. My frenzy is maxed, decap is maxed, opportunist is lvl 2, and I am almost to lvl 5. Would I get more out of going reaper, or should I stay assassin. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks in advnace.
  • tambunan
    Enforcer
    • Feb 2016

Re: Need help deciding to go from assassin to reaper

If you're up to another grinding challenge, go for it. Its very much changing play style though, you had to leave steady decap, good damage from Frenzy + opportunist, etc in exchange for gradually declining decap from higher max range, steady damage boost from bloodlust and so on.

If you are main capper in your empire and you got no ghost to do your cap for you - you might want to stay assassin or move to another empire to try playing reaper. Its about grinding - you'll probably seen difference in your damage output after you got bloodlust 3, shadowstrike 3 and with (i dunno for sure) 3000 attack if you're planning to be hitter.

But i'll be danged if i don't tell you how useful plague is, get it up to 3 with disable 3 and you'll open a new combination with other debuff such as suppression and tag - you'll see many gigantic health goes poof even with low level hitting for lose on 1 giant where the debuff applied.

But yeah, you can never be 1 man army hugging leader board with reaper - its more like you're being somewhat situational hitter as long as you're not depending too much on ambush for that extra tokens. Truthfully you'll probably be disappointed at first, but after some grinding you'll see that reaper's arsenal was versatile and yes - fun. Don't ever compare yourself to ghost you'll only get depressed in terms of damage output, just play what you like and have fun.
    Last edited by tambunan; 01-08-2017, 01:34 PM. Reason: Mixed frenzy with harvest

Comment

• Reaper9292
      Banned
      • Jan 2016

if u are very active at wars ( being online for the whole two hours) then u should definitely go for reaper , it will take a while to max but it is worthy .
      also tambunan said dont compare with ghost .
      id say u will leave ur ghost behind on the leader board very soon as a reaper .
      their single hits are stronger , but reapers 4 tokens (freehits) are huge .
      a ghost spends 50 tokens for 30-50k damage and u do that damage with 60-80 tokens spent . u just have to be there and hit enemies while they sleep.
      my main is a maxed reaper soon to get veteran lvl 9. id never switch to ghost especially now that tokens give player xp .

Comment

• Sticks_CHAOS
        Brawler
        • Apr 2013

I had a very accomplished and used Assassin and Enforcer. What I've done is I switched and bought the new class, but still played EVE in the base class (Enforcer/Sin) and slowly upgraded all the level 1 and 2 talents. with my CC I earned. I did bosses with Fleur and specced in the new class, but switched back for EVE.

It's taken me longer than all the other toons in my empire, but I've was a solid enforcer/sin during that time.

Comment

• Missy
          Thug
          • Jun 2014

Plague and disable are freeking awesome. Game changers, allowing your team to take down those pesky Titans much easier.

BUT, don't expect to see the benefits of *any* of the tier2 classes until you have spent vast amounts of class coins. It's 26k to max any of the tier2 class skills (ignoring super powers), and you'll want at least 2-3 maxed skills before seeing an improvement in EvE.

My suggestion: open up Reaper, chip away at the powers, and switch once you get to level 2-3 in Reaper. It's the superior class, as things stand currently, IMHO.

Comment

• Dozer
            Goon
            • Nov 2016

HEY there brotha, Recently switched over reaper here. Currently level 2 and loving it but here's why. I used to be sin and would decap like a mad man and I was loving it. But recenfly we got more sins So I got tired of competing for Xs. I became reaper and started setting up Xs for my guild. I love reaper because he gets stronger just for winning.

One of my set ups(Frank,Layla,Envy,Siri, and Hyena) Allows me to make some free tokens and I can't wait for the free token skill on level 3 reaper.
            My other set up ,(Alpha,Overkill,Poppy,Hyena,Envy) let's win against any tougher opponents that need to be dealt with.its awesome and I enjoy but it is a slow grind.

Tlr if you want to continue getting the decaps on enemies by all means stay assassin and do just that. If not then make the switch.

Comment

• tambunan
              Enforcer
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Dozer View Post
              HEY there brotha, Recently switched over reaper here. Currently level 2 and loving it but here's why. I used to be sin and would decap like a mad man and I was loving it. But recenfly we got more sins So I got tired of competing for Xs. I became reaper and started setting up Xs for my guild. I love reaper because he gets stronger just for winning.

One of my set ups(Frank,Layla,Envy,Siri, and Hyena) Allows me to make some free tokens and I can't wait for the free token skill on level 3 reaper.
              My other set up ,(Alpha,Overkill,Poppy,Hyena,Envy) let's win against any tougher opponents that need to be dealt with.its awesome and I enjoy but it is a slow grind.

Tlr if you want to continue getting the decaps on enemies by all means stay assassin and do just that. If not then make the switch.
              Welcome aboard lol hope you enjoy being reaper! )

Comment

• Massmurder
                Consigliere
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Dozer View Post

Just wait till level 5 and lifesteal. Using a poppy loadout and hitting some easy wins you can self heal and start using active skills again.

Comment

This is what i am sweating for right now on my Reaper. The road to level 5 is painful but onward and upwards I go.
                  Originally posted by Massmurder View Post
                  Just wait till level 5 and lifesteal.

Comment

• Expeditus
                    Goon
                    • Mar 2014

I would highly recommend it though I would not "switch" until you have almost maxed out the reaper skills. Stick as an assassin yet upgrade reaper skills and once you are close to max, make the move. Plague followed by precise blade, for me is a reckoning on player who have 3K health.

Comment

Working...
                    X