• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lincsidney
    Thug
    • May 2015

Ah-77 War Machine

Hi guys

I'm trying to complete one of these, but I can't get the AI war machine part. Completed 142 mafia insurrection bosses, of which most have exceeded the epic thresholds. I get loads of the other parts.

Any strategy or is just bad luck?
    Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
    Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
    Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
    Building damage record with shields 13,397
    Player damage 110,006
  • mr_teflon
    Lieutenant
    • May 2014

Re: Ah-77 War Machine

I tend to find with every tech lab combination where its mostly items needed from bosses, you will see a pattern on every tech lab recipe, you will find one item you have absolutely loads of them, the next two items you have a fair amount of that item and perhaps the next item on the list you will have less of those but more than one of them and the absolute last item needed to make whatever it is you are making is no where to be seen, there is no sense to it.

I own multiple accounts and see this pattern on all of them but its different items on each account that I'm scarce the last item on. If it was me I'd just carry on your game play as usual and just be surprised when it finally does show up, lots of the time when I wasn't going out of my way to get the item I wanted it just came my way unexpectedly.

Comment

• Mist
      Retired Game Guru
      • Jan 2013

The drops are all luck. You could do almost infinite bosses and not have a particular part drop. Sadly that's the way it's built. Hopefully the new devs will balance out the issues.
      sigpic

Comment

• analytical
        Street Boss
        • Aug 2013

There was a similar thread maybe six months ago. The consensus was that it takes between 100 and 200 jobs. I was inspired to continue and got there somewhere around 158.

Last week I finished a super kraken, about the same. It's like taking on a contract job - you'll be doing the same thing for a while. You can get there, just keep rolling the dice.
        Just a bit analytical.

Comment

• Cthulu
          Retired Game Guru
          • Dec 2014

I vote change your tactics

Don't over hit, try different classes, hit at different stages, try a gradient of boss points, etc etc, try try and try some more

It took me forever to finish the Kraken - I feel your pain!
          Come join us
          on the official
          Underworld Empire Discord Server
          https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

• BWRisen
            Lackey
            • Nov 2015

For me the best way to get those parts were when hitting empire bosses. I got those pieces around 20% of the collections. Right now I have 2 already built and parts tأ´ build at least two more (missing one of them to begin building).
            Just keep trying, it will appear sometime.

Comment

• Craig Diesel
              Thug
              • Feb 2013

Definitely try different thresholds, i got the last piece i needed at the 1 epic threshold. Around 10k.

Comment

• mr_teflon
                Lieutenant
                • May 2014

they definitely need to re balance stuff like this, theres a guy in my empire whos been summoning the storm raiders boss since it came out and cannot get that last part to create the kraken, yet myself after taking part in all his bosses over the years have managed to build 3 krakens, doesn't make sense.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                  Brawler
                  • Dec 2016

Just keep on killing. I hit full War Machine at 34 boss kills on one account. Still haven't hit it at 100 kills on another. It's all random l. I stuck to 20k points on every single boss

Comment

• Missy
                    Thug
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
                    they definitely need to re balance stuff like this, theres a guy in my empire whos been summoning the storm raiders boss since it came out and cannot get that last part to create the kraken, yet myself after taking part in all his bosses over the years have managed to build 3 krakens, doesn't make sense.
                    It *does* make sense. It's random. Stop whining so much, sh!t happens.

Comment

• OneHoop
                      Brawler
                      • Oct 2014

It does seem intentional that the tech lab parts are less frequent than the vanilla epics, so I try to hit at least 167% of one-epic threshold (usually close enough to press onward for the 2-epic threshold).

Otherwise however, programmers are unlikely to make their job more complicated than is required. Unfortunately, "random" does not mean "evenly distributed", so you will always have multiples of some parts before getting a set.

No need to resort to witchcraft and superstition, just keep plugging away. You are not yet in the range of unlucky (admittedly getting close to it).

This guy is unlucky! http://underworldempireforums.com/sh...-Lesson-in-RNG
                      Last edited by OneHoop; 01-08-2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                        Brawler
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Mobile Mob
                        Bump
                        It will be nice if the devs can balance out the %.
                        I only need 1 hydra missile rack to complete AH-77 war machine.
                        Can someone help me please. How much boss contribution points for a hydra missile rack to drop?
                        I have tried 15000, 18000, 20000, 24000 and 36000 no luck!!!
                        I got 5 autocannon @ 24000.(sniper class)
                        And 38 apace rotor @ 18000.(sniper class)
                        Just get 20k then move onto another Mafia Insurrection. You'll get it, just gotta wade through the bad luck go get there

Comment

• NutzOfDeez
                          Brawler
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Mobile Mob
                          Thank you.
                          I dumped stamina in a MI boss who was about to flea because of MMB and made 17641 points and received 1 hydra missile rack.
                          Now I can move on to Phoenix resurrection.
                          Congrats buddy - that grind sucks sometimes when working against RNG, but just keep at it, and there are the results.
                          I'm doing the whole PR thing as well, I'm 75% to legendary on that one. Good luck with it, it is a real pain trying to guess which ones will flee or not

Comment

• DareToJ
                            Lackey
                            • May 2017

Yeah, I 100% agree about that the boss is all luck for example, I got the T-REXXX by complete LUCK and I guess I'm lucky as heck.

Comment

• Faustus
                              Thug
                              • Mar 2014

It's all luck, you have to grind it out. It took me over 300 Mastermind bosses to get Mastermind's Rook.

Comment

Working...
                              X