Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Answered] Please help us clarify these following game mystery

Re: [Answered] Please help us clarify these following game mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Xcali1985 View Post
    I tried it also and it didn't work. Just tried it again a few minutes ago when i fused to make a 3* Sin and my extra 2* Duke lost all progress even though he was seated as RH.
    This should be fixed now. If you have an extra copy left the exp should not be zeroed out. Let me know by replying to this thread if it doesn't work.

Here are a couple of questions that we have in our empire:

1. Killing Spree seems to not be functioning as before. We have noticed on quite a few battles that it stop working after about 12-15 tokens (after it was maxed) but the player wasn't killed or wounded.

2. Reaper's Plauge who gets the credit for the player damage? We think it is the reaper when it is applied and the player that attacks them subquently gets the damage credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr death View Post
    Here are a couple of questions that we have in our empire:

1. Killing Spree seems to not be functioning as before. We have noticed on quite a few battles that it stop working after about 12-15 tokens (after it was maxed) but the player wasn't killed or wounded.

answer: Nothing is changed for killing spree lately. It's hard to be sure if KS is locked or not. After 6 consecutive crits it should be locked, unless you face against a strong BlackKnight. Also the flavor text sometimes doesn't show critical message when some other skills like dodge procs. I cannot know the details of your case. but i haven't seen anybody else complaining about KS. So please keep testing, it's most likely not broken.

2. Reaper's Plauge who gets the credit for the player damage? We think it is the reaper when it is applied and the player that attacks them subquently gets the damage credit.
    answer:
    - When plague is triggered by target using tokens by themselves, the damage will be counted towards the reaper who applied the plague.
    - When plague is triggered by reaper's teammates attacking the target, the damage will be counted towards the attacker.
    - Using super class skills (offensive or assist) won't trigger plague damage on target/self.

hi duke thanks for answering all the above questions its very helpful to improve our gaming experience and strategy.
    I had questions about this.
    how is decided who takes the win and who the loss on a pvp fight or attack within eve if both players are equally strong in power, is it with chance or 1:1 ratio .??
    how much more attacking power is needed to secure the win 100% of the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9292 View Post
    hi duke thanks for answering all the above questions its very helpful to improve our gaming experience and strategy.
    I had questions about this.
    how is decided who takes the win and who the loss on a pvp fight or attack within eve if both players are equally strong in power, is it with chance or 1:1 ratio .??
    how much more attacking power is needed to secure the win 100% of the time .
    I think attacker bounces if the numbers are the same. This is just edge case and doesn't mean anything.

Attack/defense power fluctuates 5% on both side, so it's safe to say you won't lose if your attack power (with no fluctuation) is 10% higher than the target, assuming no chopper/crimson type powers are involved.

This is probably a dumb question but what is the 'white number' mentioned by duke. See below:

Base damage is calculated based off of: your base attack (white number), your attack power, defender's base defense (white number), defender's defense power.

I think it would be great to be able to see what my toon's base damage is along attack/def power. How does the crit/crit damage/damage from the class page factor into all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by dvs187 View Post
    This is probably a dumb question but what is the 'white number' mentioned by duke. See below:

Base damage is calculated based off of: your base attack (white number), your attack power, defender's base defense (white number), defender's defense power.

I think it would be great to be able to see what my toon's base damage is along attack/def power. How does the crit/crit damage/damage from the class page factor into all of this?
    Like what you quoted from my answer, your base damage is subject to change based on your strength and ALSO target's strength, so even if I give you a number it won't be accurate and doesn't really mean much.

Got it... thanks!

@UW_Duke

In a boss fight, is a "Lieutenant Critical" different than a "Critical Hit"? Are they both generated by your crit chance %? Do the lts that you have play any part in the "Lieutenant Critical"?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    @UW_Duke

In a boss fight, is a "Lieutenant Critical" different than a "Critical Hit"? Are they both generated by your crit chance %? Do the lts that you have play any part in the "Lieutenant Critical"?
    If I remember it right, LT Crit is only based on how many different LTs you have, not related to your crit chance.

This question ( among others) has been asked so many times before. Thank u Duke for finally giving us an answer to this. Cant state enough what an important job u do here.

i had a question about twinkie lt.
    how does it work if the target has 1800health and 800 armor and my precise blade on that target is 900. how much damage will i do to the target when twinkie procs?.

It was answered in the thread when the crate was released. You do 400 armor damage + 400 armor damage from Twinkie + 500 health damage.

Quote Originally Posted by alexian View Post
    It was answered in the thread when the crate was released. You do 400 armor damage + 400 armor damage from Twinkie + 500 health damage.
    thanks

I've searched the forums, all the way back to the beginning of time, but I can't seem to find how critical damage is calculated in boss fights.

What's the difference between +X% Critical (e.g. Pain) and +X% Critical Damage (e.g. Miss Conduct)? Which is more useful?

Caporegime Game Guru

X% crit is the chance to do critical hit. X% crits dmg is the % increase in a dmg which a crit hit does.
    Imo a chance to do more critical hits with a small crit dmg boost is a good option.
    If you are playing ghost class then crit dmg would be more important and if playing sniper then crit chance boost would be better.

I had a question about Lady Luck. I thought I had seen another thread that her code was perhaps a bit messed up, or something like that, but I can't find it, so I'm not sure how easy this question is to answer or if it is even answerable.

What I gather with her is she simply adds (not multiplies) to a lieutenant chance power. E.g., Trix has a 0.6% chance to proc, but my 4* Lady Luck "should" add 2.5% to that to give a 3.1% chance for Trix to proc, if I have them seated together. At least that's what I assumed the whole time. Pretty big change there. (Not so big when, say, the chance was 50% to splash, and she turns it into 52.5%).

The question I really have is this: does she also add to skill chance powers? So at Hot Shot 3, I have a 3% chance at the start of a war to get Hot Shot, but if Lady Luck is seated at the start of war, does she increase that to 5.5%? And similarly, does she affect active skills as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_CO View Post
    I had a question about Lady Luck. I thought I had seen another thread that her code was perhaps a bit messed up, or something like that, but I can't find it, so I'm not sure how easy this question is to answer or if it is even answerable.

What I gather with her is she simply adds (not multiplies) to a lieutenant chance power. E.g., Trix has a 0.6% chance to proc, but my 4* Lady Luck "should" add 2.5% to that to give a 3.1% chance for Trix to proc, if I have them seated together. At least that's what I assumed the whole time. Pretty big change there. (Not so big when, say, the chance was 50% to splash, and she turns it into 52.5%).

The question I really have is this: does she also add to skill chance powers? So at Hot Shot 3, I have a 3% chance at the start of a war to get Hot Shot, but if Lady Luck is seated at the start of war, does she increase that to 5.5%? And similarly, does she affect active skills as well?
    0.6% + 2.5% is a perfect example why Lady Luck design was BAD. I can tell you that the existing code doesn't give you 2.5% bonus. Lady Luck power was tuned down when the base % is low. I think it is safe to say Lady Luck skill is still a very great power, but not crazy OP. Problem is the description cannot be simplified to reflect her real power. And I don't want to be the index to answer every question about her. She's been like this forever, so not my first priority to sort her out, that means, she is as fine as is for now.

I want to give some guidelines for understanding Lady Luck, I could be wrong as there are too many factors:
    1. Some common used skills are buffed by her power normally (without discount): Frank, Layla, Gunslinger, Crit %, Dodge %, Attack/Defense Power fluctuation %. And most chance based LT powers, if % is not too small.
    2. If you see some LT has less than 5% to proc at 9*, Lady Luck contribution is most likely tuned down.
    3. Overkill and Whiplash proc chance are not buffed by Lady Luck.
    4. Non-cloneable chance based LTs are most likely not working with Lady Luck buff. For example Siri.

Quote Originally Posted by UWE_Duke View Post
    0.6% + 2.5% is a perfect example why Lady Luck design was BAD. I can tell you that the existing code doesn't give you 2.5% bonus. Lady Luck power was tuned down when the base % is low. I think it is safe to say Lady Luck skill is still a very great power, but not crazy OP. Problem is the description cannot be simplified to reflect her real power. And I don't want to be the index to answer every question about her. She's been like this forever, so not my first priority to sort her out, that means, she is as fine as is for now.

I want to give some guidelines for understanding Lady Luck, I could be wrong as there are too many factors:
    1. Some common used skills are buffed by her power normally (without discount): Frank, Layla, Gunslinger, Crit %, Dodge %, Attack/Defense Power fluctuation %. And most chance based LT powers, if % is not too small.
    2. If you see some LT has less than 5% to proc at 9*, Lady Luck contribution is most likely tuned down.
    3. Overkill and Whiplash proc chance are not buffed by Lady Luck.
    4. Non-cloneable chance based LTs are most likely not working with Lady Luck buff. For example Siri.
    Thanks Duke, but this is really demoralizing to find out she really doesn't work on all chance powers like I feel she should. I thought in the past she was really strong and I seat her all the time, now it looks as if that has been a waste of a seat for me.